Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un (925 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
air your views
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by solomon111(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
What nonsense is this?
Why must morøns like you keep belittling Nigeria by comparing her to smaller countries like ghana everytime?
Why not southafrica or Egypt?
Have you ever seen the ghanian president address the UN assembly?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nigeria of course!

I believe the only influence Nigeria wields in the committee of Nations is her present status as a major player in the Oil and Gas sector. Take away the Oil and watch Nigeria fizzle out into irrelevance. Our present crop of leaders are not quite responsible enough to be considered seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by donphilopus: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: What nonsense is this?
Why must morøns like you keep belittling Nigeria by comparing her to smaller countries like ghana everytime?
you don't need to blame him. May be, he's talking about West Africa and not Africa as a whole.
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by solomon111(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
striktlymi: Nigeria of course!

I believe the only influence Nigeria wields in the committee of Nations is her present status as a major player in the Oil and Gas sector. Take away the Oil and watch Nigeria fizzle out into irrelevance. Our present crop of leaders are not quite responsible enough to be considered seriously.
I don't think so.
There are countries like UAE,saudiarabia that are far more significant players in the oil market than Nigeria and yet they are almost incouspicous at the UN.
Chalking Nigeria's influence to just oil and gas is simplistic and almost erroneous.
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Arosa(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nigeria has the fourth largest personal in UN peace keepers figures.
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: I don't think so.
There are countries like qatar,saudiarabia that are far more significant players in the oil market than Nigeria and yet they are almost incouspicous at the UN.
Chalking Nigeria's influence to just oil and gas is simplistic and almost erroneous.

I am sure you know that Saudi wields more influence in the UN than Nigeria because of the strategic role she plays in the global polity and her influence goes beyond just Oil and Gas.

The UN as it stands today is basically runned by the United states and the US seeks allies it can benefit from. The only benefit of note the US can get from our dear country is Oil, hence her influence.

If you believe Nigeria's influence can be attributed to some other areas, why not itemize them?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by BrokenTV: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
At OP. Abeg change that your indluential to influential i take God beg you.
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
Arosa: Nigeria has the fourth largest personal in UN peace keepers figures.

I believe Nigeria has the 5th largest personnel in the UN peacekeeping mission. However, I don't think that's why her influence is more than that of Ghana. Ethiopia has the 4th largest and yet she is not as influential as Nigeria in the UN.
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Danhumprey: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
OP,I take God beg you! Close down this thread! You are about to start an unnecessary e-war between Ghanians and Nigerians on this Forum! Can't we live and let live??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Desola(f): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ghana of course!
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by ifyalways(f): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ghana.
Konkonsa thread tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
Danhumprey: OP,I take God beg you! Close down this thread! You are about to start an unnecessary e-war between Ghanians and Nigerians on this Forum! Can't we live and let live??
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomon111: What nonsense is this?
hmmm *smh*

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Authorities Receives Over 1.3m Pilgrims For Hajj Rites At Arafat(photo) / Nigeria Ranks Bottom 10 In World In Almost Everything–to Act/give Up? / Senate Returns Social Housing Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.