Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

About Muslim Scholars And Praise - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / About Muslim Scholars And Praise (625 Views)

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Muslim Scholars Issue Verdict On Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Muslim Scholars And Praise by maclatunji: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
I think we have a problem with this. You see people organise events, probably lectures and you see the MC praising the scholars to the point of hyperbole. Then again, the lecturer starts self-praise and that of teachers and associates.

Perhaps, the worst part is when they start to claim mystical powers- "I have special knowledge", "I have special secret prayers for any problem". Let me give you an example: "one guy holds the microphone and says if one has hypertension, he should be calling the name of a particular sheikh 3,333 times- the hypertension will vanish."

Haba! What are people doing?

People, love these guys for that is what most people seek- "magical results".

I am currently listening to someone and not a single thing to learn, just pure self praise.
Re: About Muslim Scholars And Praise by lanrexlan(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
maclatunji: I think we have a problem with this. You see people organise events, probably lectures and you see the MC praising the scholars to the point of hyperbole. Then again, the lecturer starts self-praise and that of teachers and associates.

Perhaps,the worst part is when they start to claim mystical powers- "I have special knowledge", "I have special secret prayers for any problem". Let me give you an example: "one guy holds the microphone and says if one has hypertension, he should be calling the name of a particular sheikh 3,333 times- the hypertension will vanish."

Haba! What are people doing?

People, love these guys for that is what most people seek- "magical results".

I am currently listening to someone and not a single thing to learn, just pure self praise.
There are many Sheiks like that bro.Have you heard about a Sheik using mirror to solve people's problems? grin
Many Sheiks of Bidiah.....Peace
Re: About Muslim Scholars And Praise by usisky(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
Peace upon u MR. MAC. I think ur observations isn't really new so to speak. The idea of glorifying/idolizing fellow humans as us, who most believe can be of some kind help to them goes way back. For religious folks, this form of hero worship usually begins with the deliverers of God's messages to them(after their departure). Then, it transfers to the companions/deciples, and subsequently, to their religious leaders. This idolization is the reason most folks swallow hook line and sinker whatever doctrines these religious leaders introduce to them. Their words are final and cannot be challenged. Have a look @ this: sura 9:31. I hope u'll begin to look a little closer at other partinent issues to. Peace!
Re: About Muslim Scholars And Praise by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
lanrexlan: There are many Sheiks like that bro.Have you heard about a Sheik using mirror to solve people's problems? grin
Many Sheiks of Bidiah.....Peace

More like magicians and sorcerers- these people are leading people to misguidance. Many "Muslims" don't know that belief in certain things removes you from Islam.
Re: About Muslim Scholars And Praise by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
usisky: Peace upon u MR. MAC. I think ur observations isn't really new so to speak. The idea of glorifying/idolizing fellow humans as us, who most believe can be of some kind help to them goes way back. For religious folks, this form of hero worship usually begins with the deliverers of God's messages to them(after their departure). Then, it transfers to the companions/deciples, and subsequently, to their religious leaders. This idolization is the reason most folks swallow hook line and sinker whatever doctrines these religious leaders introduce to them. Their words are final and cannot be challenged. Have a look @ this: sura 9:31. I hope u'll begin to look a little closer at other partinent issues to. Peace!

Of course it is not new.
Re: About Muslim Scholars And Praise by lanrexlan(m): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
maclatunji:

More like magicians and sorcerers- these people are leading people to misguidance. Many "Muslims" don't know that belief in certain things removes you from Islam.
They are already magicians,soliciting helps from Jinns,performing Shirk.Imagine,here in Ibadan a Sheik built his own ''kabba'' and told people not to go Makkah For pilgrimage again.Imagine that!!! And ignorant people attended his ''kabba'' o.SubhanAllah,if not for the intervention of NACOMYO that demolished the rubbish He built.Muslims living in rural areas are in ignorance,they don't know much about the deen,it's what their Sheiks tell them to do.....Peace
Re: About Muslim Scholars And Praise by tbaba1234: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
The problem starts with a culture of praise, praise is lethal. The messenger (peace and blessings upon him) said:

When you see those who shower praise upon others, throw dust upon their faces. (Reported by Muslim)

Praise helps no one, it destroys sincerity. Once, you begin to praise a person excessively, you give shaitan a weapon against them. And slowly but surely, he will get them.

Allah describes how satan got Adam using the verb of pulling water out of a well. He got them slowly to what he wanted.

Umar (RA) removed Khalid bin walid (RA) as head of the army because even though he was winning all the battles, he became a fitnah for the muslims because of his popularity. People. had to realise that victory came only from Allah.

Allah talks about people who have been given religious knowledge but became materialistic.

[Prophet], tell them the story of the man to whom We gave Our messages: he sloughed them off, so Satan took him as his follower and he went astray– if it had been Our will, We could have used these signs to raise him high, but instead he clung to the earth and followed his own desires– he was something like a dog that pants with a lolling tongue whether you drive it away or leave it alone. Such is the image of those who reject Our signs. Tell them the story so that they may reflect. (Suurah Araf :175-176)

Allah describes this bad state, as something like a dog, suggesting dogs are better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rihannah Being Walked Out Of The Szgm In Dubai / Drinking Standing Up / "The Proportion Of Rain - Quran Miracles!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.