Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure (65231 Views)

10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy / How To Lower Blood Pressure, Using Foods, Herbs And Natural Supplements / 5 Top Weight Loss Nigerian Foods! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by nijanigga: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2013
prof800:
Beet Root..?
Beet Root is high in Sugar Content which might cause 'Diabetic complications' to your hypertensive patients.

In folklore medicine, Beet root extract could be mixed with stem-bark of mango or anacardium occidentale. In order to reduce the effect of the Sugar. Because they produce special phytochemicals which inhibit alpha-amylase and alpha-glucosidase, thereby, serving as a remedy for the diabetic complications that may arise.

Click and read the 3 links below,on the benefits of beetroot.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22152901

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8186947.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/9546330/Beetroot-juice-may-help-beet-your-best.html
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by nijanigga: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by nijanigga: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
If you're and athlete. read the link below;

http://www.globe-runners.com/?q=node/202
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by ozodigboo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
nijanigga: Be careful of fish polluted with mercury very harmful.The best that can lower high blood pressure is BEET ROOT.If you can squeeze the juice out,within hours, guaranteed your blood pressure will fall if it was high. Very helpful to athletes especially runners,if you eat it roasted just before going running.
I ve been hearing of this BEETROOT. Is it in Naija ? There is no point posting food recipes u can't find here. thats why i commend aniii's post. Natural naija foods.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
What about meals that Increases BP?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by sage2(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Caracta: Food is ready! Can someone bless the meal? cheesy

Btw...which kain beans be that? Looks strange. :(

For those of us who grew up in JTown, that is the most familiar beans ever known to us. Ironically, all the food mentioned above are our everyday delicacy. Isn't it amazing that these are the kind of food we are faced with everyday of our lives on the Jos plateau? Poor man's food, we call it.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by nijanigga: 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
ozodigboo:
I ve been hearing of this BEETROOT. Is it in Naija ? There is no point posting food recipes u can't find here. thats why i commend aniii's post. Natural naija foods.
Ask them at shoprite if you have any close to you.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Cleoo(f): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
aniiii: Guavas/Bananas:
Guavas are beneficial in regulating blood pressure. It is said that one guava contains almost a similar amount of potassium that's present in bananas. Potassium reverses the effects of sodium, thereby regulating the balance of blood pressure. Also, it reduces cholesterol levels in the blood by preventing it from thickening.

Choi! See freshhhhh guava o! Its difficult to get fresh guava here in Abuja,even their mango na hot waTer n Kabaid dem dey use ripen am! And I so much love guava. Anyone knows where I can get fresh fruits in dis town?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
_
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Miraclebaby1109: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
wheat flour and okra soup/mushroom
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by HARMYMY(f): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
nice but wat is parsley leave

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by sage2(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
ozodigboo:

Head straight to the Jos Plateau, girlfriend. We have got enough there.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Hero10001: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
AG.gal:
Yummy! Nice post

May the gods bless you bro.
Sometimes, I wonder the kinda mentality our op's got?
How can an average naija afford all those mede mede??
For me sha, the best cure is a snake peppersoup or soak garri ijebu in excess amount of water for 24 hours, filter off the garri particles, then take 50cl of the water three times daily for three daysm
That's all..
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by aniiii(f): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2013
El Guapo: What about meals that Increases BP?

I just made a thread about this. smiley
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by aniiii(f): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hero10001:

May the gods bless you bro.
Sometimes, I wonder the kinda mentality our op's got?
How can an average naija afford all those mede mede??
For me sha, the best cure is a snake peppersoup or soak garri ijebu in excess amount of water for 24 hours, filter off the garri particles, then take 50cl of the water three times daily for three daysm
That's all..

Yam, guava( so many guava trees in Nigeria), onions, garlic, banana, beans are medemedes??.

Did you even look at what you quoted ?? grin grin someone is HIGH grin
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Wendyphil(f): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
Tnx Op.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by nijanigga: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
ozodigboo:
Learn how to look beyond your horizon, because you don't have it close to you,does not mean others don't have it.Learn to have vision for mission.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 22, 2013
1. walnuts a.k.a 'Asala' really helps in lowering bp n cholesterol.

2. African Giant snail saliva. you guys may find this irritating but it works like magic! break a tiny portion of a live medium to big snail's bottom and drain d water (saliva) into a bowl/cup. sieve coz of sharp shell pieces that might be present. u can drink it for the whole of that day. repeat same process end of the week then check ur bp. it also enhances good eyesight and It's rich in vit A.

3. Edible Aloe vera Juice. I said edible because,just like mushrooms,aloe vera also has the non edible ones that are dangerous and poisonous to man. if u are able to get edible ones, slice open one detached leave and scrape out the colourless gel-like juice into half a glasd of water and drink per day. it's bitter I know but you'll get used to the taste. it also helps to flush out toxins.

4. fresh bitter leaves+ Efiri (scent leaves used for pepper soup). pluck or buy them both in small quantities say N30 - N50 each. detach leaves from their stems. wash thoroughly and blend together till d leaves are in tiny shreds with clean drinkable water. sieve,and drink immediately. if it remains,u can drink it later in the day but it must be made fresh and drank same day.
this green drink is so good for the body it doesnt only reduces cholesterol n bp,but it keeps u young.

I shall add more but for now,these are the ones I remember. walnut is in season. pls eat alot of it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2013
aniiii:

I just made a thread about this. smiley

Would love to see the Link Ma Doc kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by aniiii(f): 11:25am On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by aniiii(f): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2013
preetydiva: 1. walnuts a.k.a 'Asala' really helps in lowering bp n cholesterol.

2. African Giant snail saliva. you guys may find this irritating but it works like magic! break a tiny portion of a live medium to big snail's bottom and drain d water (saliva) into a bowl/cup. sieve coz of sharp shell pieces that might be present. u can drink it for the whole of that day. repeat same process end of the week then check ur bp. it also enhances good eyesight and It's rich in vit A.

3. Edible Aloe vera Juice. I said edible because,just like mushrooms,aloe vera also has the non edible ones that are dangerous and poisonous to man. if u are able to get edible ones, slice open one detached leave and scrape out the colourless gel-like juice into half a glasd of water and drink per day. it's bitter I know but you'll get used to the taste. it also helps to flush out toxins.

4. fresh bitter leaves+ Efiri (scent leaves used for pepper soup). pluck or buy them both in small quantities say N30 - N50 each. detach leaves from their stems. wash thoroughly and blend together till d leaves are in tiny shreds with clean drinkable water. sieve,and drink immediately. if it remains,u can drink it later in the day but it must be made fresh and drank same day.
this green drink is so good for the body it doesnt only reduces cholesterol n bp,but it keeps u young.

I shall add more but for now,these are the ones I remember. walnut is in season. pls eat alot of it.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
aniiii: https://www.nairaland.com/1367419/5-bad-nigerian-habits-increase

That is the link and I am not a doctor grin

You're doing good as an understudy worker then wink
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
aniiii:

Thank you so much!

you're welcome anii
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Aitee1: 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
GODAKPAN: DOG MEAT NKO?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by success10(m): 7:48am On May 23, 2015
HolyHolla:
Run the soft insides of breadfruit in your blending machine and gulp it down. Guaranteed to keep stroke under the carpets.
pls elaborate more on your post..
BreadFruit?
Where can one get it and how to run the soft insides?..thanks
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by moneytreeteam: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
Prevention is always better than cure. Most drugs have side effects.

High blood pressure management drugs weaken erectile functions. The population of those who have these challenges are more than people own up for.

Loetue still remains the Best preventive invention for High Blood Pressure. Every home needs it. especially conscious adult. Join the effort in reducing diabetes, and not wait till it affects someone close to us.

See other health benefits: http://moneytreeteam.com/benefits.html

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by moneytreeteam: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
Follow Up

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by reachome(m): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2015
aniiii:
Prepare A Healthy Meal From The list Above:

Fried/ oven baked african yam/ sweet potato
with tilapia sauce(cabbage/onion/garlic/beans)

Drink: Guava and banana juice.

Recipe:

Slice the yam/ sweet potato to your desired shape

fry(with olive oil)/oven bake(rub with olive oil)

Sauce: Pour enough olive oil in a deep pan to heat up,
crunch the garlic and slice the onion, pour into the heated olive oil.
add other herbs: pepper, ginger, thyme, basil, curry spice, add your desired herbs (very little salt)
Stir the mixture to distribute the ingredients.

Tilapia: wash and slice however you like. Rub with crunched garlic, pepper and olive oil. Place in deep pan with herbs and spices for 5-6 minutes. Make sure to turn them over every 2/3 minutes. Add already cooked beans and thinly sliced cabbage to the the mixture.
Stir and distribute ingredients around. Avoid breaking fish.
add a little water and cover pan to thicken the sauce.

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/ldVxbS11XiMFw50fhhP1idPEEeSIVAqGW63a86JykJ3peXN69pIZ9HKVEudn8Aq61TXUpwY6Wo5WsB61tMd_gw=s230-c[/img]

Drink: Add water and blend the banana and guava.
after blending, refrigirate for 8/9 mins.

If you no get light just chop and like that wink see it as dessert grin

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/IcN8BDK-UO2o6Ax1MDKKtVimEtYtz7RvP9PYlNjtF62UbQ4LSPe-eCnBEqFU1FTBsuoV8ItQUOoMEe0nlR0ztw=s230-c[/img]

nmnmnmnmnhhmmn i'm salivating smiley

what abt the method of preparation
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Toluway: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
Why are you not responding to the popular question about Garri consumption and High Blood Pressure?

As far as hypertension is concerned, taking Garri is safe. This is because cassava is not only rich in potassium, it is also rich in fiber.
So, Garri is good for you.
(I can see you jubilating)
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by devlishGINGER(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 02, 2019
Super radiant!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.