Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR (2037 Views)

Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hi Mr. Siena I will like you to educate me and other car enthusiasts why a 250 horse power 2003 Audi A6 2.7t will out pace 2011 Honda Accord Cross tour with 265 horse power[b][/b] and 2007 Lexus ES 350 with 265 horse power in a race. Any body with contrary experience is welcome to contribute to this discussion. And what is the relationship between odometer and speed limit, because the Audi 2.7t has a speed limit of 280km and both the Honda accord and Lexus ES350 has speed limit of 260km despite their higher horse power.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
ihimami: Hi Mr. Siena I will like you to educate me and other car enthusiasts why a 250 horse power 2003 Audi A6 2.7t will out pace 2011 Honda Accord Cross tour with 265 horse power[b][/b] and 2007 Lexus ES 350 with 265 horse power in a race. Any body with contrary experience is welcome to contribute to this discussion. And what is the relationship between odometer and speed limit, because the Audi 2.7t has a speed limit of 280km and both the Honda accord and Lexus ES350 has speed limit of 260km despite their higher horse power.

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
ihimami:

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
ihimami:

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
ihimami:

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by peterjero(m): 2:34am On Jul 21, 2013
Mr Ihimani the first answer to ur question. 1. Audi has all wheel drive tagged quattro, it has well tuned suspension and off course better sculpted body to improve aerodynamics and reduced drag coefficient (Cd) with all these I have stated you should now understand why the Audi is faster with lesser engine power rating.
2. Odometre is an instrument that indicates the distance travelled by a vehiCle(car , motorcycle etc) it could be mechanical or digital or a combo. Eg when we buy used cars you hear people say this car has done 98000 km, that display under the speedometer indicating it is d Odometer.
3. Speed limit could mean a lot - it be law passed to determine speed driven on a particular road or company. It could be the limit set by manufacturers of cars simply because they know what ðêý have made. I hope I have answered you ?

2 Likes

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2013
peterjero: Mr Ihimani the first answer to ur question. 1. Audi has all wheel drive tagged quattro, it has well tuned suspension and off course better sculpted body to improve aerodynamics and reduced drag coefficient (Cd) with all these I have stated you should now understand why the Audi is faster with lesser engine power rating.
2. Odometre is an instrument that indicates the distance travelled by a vehiCle(car , motorcycle etc) it could be mechanical or digital or a combo. Eg when we buy used cars you hear people say this car has done 98000 km, that display under the speedometer indicating it is d Odometer.
3. Speed limit could mean a lot - it be law passed to determine speed driven on a particular road or company. It could be the limit set by manufacturers of cars simply because they know what ðêý have made. I hope I have answered you ?

Thank you Peterjero, it was a very useful information.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2013
To Add to Peter's explanation, the Audi A6 has better traction. Launching off the line with 2WD can result in loss of traction, worse with FWD due to weight transfer to the rear.

There are also other considerations - weight and final drive gearing. Gearing can be either high or low. I'll give a couple of examples:

4.11:1 = low gearing.
3.89:1 = high gearing.
3.72:1 = higher gearing.

So a 300 hp car with low gearing may achieve 0-60mph in 6.2 secs. While a 320 hp car with higher gearing may achieve the 0-60mph in 5.7 secs. These are based upon the same car, and of course the heavier car will accelerate slower. The car with the higher final drive ratio will have a higher maximum speed, but take longer to arrive there.

The instrument cluster is simply a guide. The Audi A6 Quattro has its speedo calliberated to 160 mph, though its maximum is limited to 155mph. The same speedo will be fitted to the Audi A6 1.8T, and it's maximum speed is 138mph. So it's clear not all cars will do the maximum as shown, while some modified cars will exceed the last digits shown on their speedos.

The Honda Crosstour may weigh more than the Audi A6 2.7T, the Lexus definitely does weigh more, which will have an adverse effect on acceleration.

2 Likes

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by amywonda: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2013
Well said sienna, the reason for the Audi outpacing the other cars mentioned can be as a result of the power to weight ratio, to explain In the simplest terms possible, a power bike with 180 a car with 220 horse power, because the bike is taking on less load, while the car Carries a whole lot, you should also know that the rated horse power is not the actuall wheel horse power because power can be lost due to transmission and differential friction , the secret of speed is to determine how fast a car can get to its top speed, ACCELERATION and this is determined by a lot of factors , power to weight ratio being one of them , your exauhst system and a lot of other variables
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Thank you Mr. Siena and others for the info. I really appreciate your deep knowledge of automobiles.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by grimadult(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
Good evening siena. Am realy a great fan of urs.I hv a lot of questions to ask you. Please kindly snd me ur email to kaluoyeoku@outlook.com. Thanx and God bless.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
Grimadult, email sent.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Good evening Siena, Can you help source for the complete front suspension ( arms ) of my 2005 Audi A6 US model from UK and Let me know what it will cost me. This is mail - rasheedhmim@yahoo.com.

Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
I recently discovered that the power steering of the car is no longer responding, I checked the fluid but it seems it is not leaking. What could be the cause?
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
ihimami: Good evening Siena, Can you help source for the complete front suspension ( arms ) of my 2005 Audi A6 US model from UK and Let me know what it will cost me. This is mail - rasheedhmim@yahoo.com.

Email sent.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
ihimami: I recently discovered that the power steering of the car is no longer responding, I checked the fluid but it seems it is not leaking. What could be the cause?

What colour is the fluid in your car?
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 5:11am On Jul 22, 2013
When I check the colour looks dark although the millage of the car is high at 231k and I have not change the fluid since I bought the car some months back.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by ihimami: 5:44am On Jul 22, 2013
Your advice is highly needed because the mechanic here is saying we have to change the power steering pump and I am skeptical, because from my previous experience problems normally arises when they try to fix simple faults on this type of vehicle.
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by Kashif(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Another aspect is that the Audi is turbo charged, while the Honda and Lexus are naturally aspirited undecided
Re: For Siena's explanation; A race between AUDI A6, LEXUS ES350 and HONDA CROSSTOUR by KA24DETT(m): 3:42am On Jul 23, 2013
Everything comes down to weight , gearing and power.
Those 3 fundamentals determine the top speed and acceleration of a car .
Every automaker determines what to focus on to get what he wants .
Honda s2000 perfect balance of weight/ power and gearing. boy, can it rev.
Am a Nissan fan but truth be told.

With this 3 fundamentals in mind, you can design a car on what u want it to be.

(1) (Reply)

A 142 Error Message On Cat Et? / Cars Review: Lexus RX 350, 2011 Model. / Man Seen Using Plank To Hold A Truck With No Brake In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.