Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 (19631 Views)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Kunberg: 4:04am On Jul 21, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-W0L4z9BwtUU/UetOIrs2zMI/AAAAAAAACho/stEDRZgBQxQ/s1600/meet_the_worlds_oldest_mother.jpg[/img]
When Rajo Devi Lohan made headlines around the world by becoming the world's oldest first-time mother, critics said she was putting her health at risk and condemning her daughter to the agony of losing her parents at a young age.

She gave birth, following controversial IVF treatment, at the age of 69, then nearly died from complications with the delivery. But now, five years later, the 74-year-old says having her daughter, Naveen, has made her stronger and helped her live longer.

Following her bout of ill health, the frail mother believes her desire of seeing her little one marry is giving her the strength to fight on and live to see the special day.

Rajo, who lives in the remote village of Hissar, India, with Naveen, her husband Ballo and his second, younger wife Umi, said: 'The only reason I am still alive in spite of my illness is Naveen. She is a gift to me from God and until I get her married I cannot afford to die.

'I will get her married when she turns 15-years-old, but until then I simply cannot die.'

At the time of Naveen's birth, many questioned whether it was morally right for a pensioner to have children, while also suggesting it is detrimental to the health of an OAP.

And their doubts appeared to be justified when Rajo fell gravely ill, almost dying from post-birth complications related to her IVF treatment.

But after battling back, Rajo has even outlived her doctor who guided her through the process, and she puts it all down to having something to live for - daughter Naveen.

Rajo said: 'When Naveen was born the Doctor had asked me to take complete bed rest but I did not listen to him and that's why my health got so bad.

'I am not used to resting and that's why I could not help myself but work even after she was born. For me work is what I have done all my life.

'But I am feeling much better now. The doctor took very good care of me, but unfortunately he has since died. He spent a lot of money on my medical expenditure, to help me get a child.

'When I used to look around and see children, my heart felt sad that I couldn't have one - I desperately wanted to have a child of my own.

'Every one celebrated when she was born. The villagers were very happy and every one came to see her.'

Despite entering her twilight years, Rajo isn't worried about Naveen's future when she dies.

'Naveen does not need to worry about her future, she has her other mother, Umi, her uncles, relatives and father to look after her,' she said.

'As Naveen is the my only child she will inherit all my property which includes 566,280 sq/ft of land. Her future will be secure.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2369218/Worlds-oldest-mother-Rajo-Devi-Lohan-74-says-giving-birth-daughter-kept-living-longer.html
http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/07/photo-meet-worlds-oldest-mother-who.html

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by amiskurie(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2013
front page matter!
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by coolsamba(m): 6:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Breaking T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇є̲̣̥ laws of menopause

2 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Tolexander: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2013
Indian again!

2 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by olaric(m): 7:18am On Jul 21, 2013
Sarah the wife of Abraham was older than this woman when she gave birth to Isaac.

9 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by ednut1(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2013
olaric: Sarah the wife of Abraham was older than this woman when she gave birth to Isaac.
na u believed dat crap

8 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by AbuMikey(m): 8:38am On Jul 21, 2013
15 years??
Its Okay!
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Omexonomy: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2013
Abu Mikey: 15 years??
Its Okay!
you go wait tire.
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Temismith(f): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2013
Now dat menopause has been extended to 70+ rita dominic and co can have all d fun in d world.

5 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by premlove(m): 9:33am On Jul 21, 2013
No wounder nigeria men wants to marry 12 yrs
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 21, 2013
Temismith: Now dat menopause has been extended to 70+ rita dominic and co can have all d fun in d world.

Epic fail

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:56am On Jul 21, 2013
Congrats! Oldest mum
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Youngtekkey(m): 10:57am On Jul 21, 2013
Temismith: Now dat menopause has been extended to 70+ rita dominic and co can have all d fun in d world.
very funny well this may be not be the same story for them but wait ooooo why is it 15yrs that she will give her hands in marriage hmmmm no wonder senator yerima want underage marriage
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by OCTAVO: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Nawa ooo
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Brimmie(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2013
Nawa Oooo!!
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Ibyno(m): 11:04am On Jul 21, 2013
Just notice when she said I can not die, as if she knows when mr death will come knocking, there is no law that have not be broken in this world, (man o pulse)
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by ojubi(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2013
Cute baby born to a hihgly admirable mother.
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by everyday: 11:06am On Jul 21, 2013
This is surely a miracle

2 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Orhue88: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2013
Marry at 15!
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Charlesedet25(m): 11:11am On Jul 21, 2013
You been de der?
olaric: Sarah the wife of Abraham was older than this woman when she gave birth to Isaac.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by demelza: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2013
We all have the power to keep death at bay untimely if we discover something to live for. Nothing is impossible to the human mind

2 Likes

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by VicGoodGuy(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2013
Please let's keep this thread away from Sani Yerima and his cohorts in the seanate. Cos if they see this, they would marry this kid at this age and let this brave woman die. Since she's living for the day her daughter would get married

Poor woman, taking her daughter to school is out of the question. All she's thinking about is her marriage.

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Bolt2011(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2013
All things are possible to them that believe

She will definitely live long cos she has a reason to live. Long-life is sound health Ma'am
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Fraih(f): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2013
coolsamba: Breaking T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇є̲̣̥ laws of menopause
like seriously
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Idowuogbo(f): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2013
Wow! Cute baby! Go mama! kiss

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by true2god: 11:41am On Jul 21, 2013
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 21, 2013
Who give am d belle? Which useless vagabond go chook him d1ck for inside this kind old school p~hole?
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Ghydyon(m): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2013
Congrat mother
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by knockturnal(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2013
Beautiful. Its like an elaboration of my signature.
Now i kno where my stolen DSTV dishes are @ 3rd pix. **couldnothelpmyself**
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by alluson(m): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
Who is responsible?, am suspecting one nigga called Yerima, he can tidy anything that has crack irrespective of the age
Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by Archildao: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Don Demu: Who give am d belle? Which useless vagabond go chook him d1ck for inside this kind old school p~hole?

wake up!didnt you read the part that said it was through IVF?

1 Like

Re: World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 by tyson99(m): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Don Demu: Who give am d belle? Which useless vagabond go chook him d1ck for inside this kind old school p~hole?

She's ur step mother!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson / Teaching Our Children The Sense Of Gratitude. / Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.