Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair (1841 Views)

NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" / Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated / Make Free Call With Etisalat And Free Sms With Mtn And Glo.no Software,no Tweaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
First it was Glo but now it is the MTN that has cheated all of their BIS subscribers by suddenly stopping BIS data subscriptions on smartphones. They first deceived us by luring us into their BIS plans at bearable prices. While many of us were just beginning to enjoy the data subscribed for, MTN suddenly stopped us from using what we paid for. Do they think they can be cheating us like that? Mine subscription suddenly stopped without using one-tenth of the service I paid for. Still they think raking several millions of Naira from us by fraud such as this is the best way to make it Nigeria. If the NCC can not come to our rescue I think concerned individuals should be able to fight this injustice and safeguard their rights. We shouldn‘t be denied easy access to internet service at convenient times and at and affordable prices. I know Nigerian will always find a way to make something work even when people that are entrusted with proper operation of a system are handicapped. pls what is the way to affordable data service in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by physise(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rexyl: First it was Glo but now it is the MTN that has cheated all of their BIS subscribers by suddenly stopping BIS data subscriptions on smartphones. They first deceived us by luring us into their BIS plans at bearable prices. While many of us were just beginning to enjoy the data subscribed for, MTN suddenly stopped us from using what we paid for. Do they think they can be cheating us like that? Mine subscription suddenly stopped without using one-tenth of the service I paid for. Still they think raking several millions of Naira from us by fraud such as this is the best way to make it Nigeria. If the NCC can not come to our rescue I think concerned individuals should be able to fight this injustice and safeguard their rights. We shouldn‘t be denied easy access to internet service at convenient times and at and affordable prices. I know Nigerian will always find a way to make something work even when people that are entrusted with proper operation of a system are handicapped. pls what is the way to affordable data service in Nigeria?
agreed
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by ariy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2013
ariy: the protest going on here
www.nairaland.com/1363529/all-data-plan-users-wise

Hope this is yielding expected results.
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by luluosas(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2013
MTN BIS subscription on Android phones and other devices fare better than Glo because, even after MTN stopped it, we are still using our BIS plan on our Android phones with the help of droidvpn. So to me, we can still manage with MTN but, for Glo? No way!
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Francheezy(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
Airtel iz nxt
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 5:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Francheezy: Airtel iz nxt

yeah. The data plan and subscription charges?
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 5:54am On Jul 30, 2013
Their resolves for not making bearable and affordable data plans available for smartphone users will definitely make them loose some bucks. Since I joined Airtel and put my data monitor on I discovered that for 7 days I have not used 2% of the data allocated to me. With this it means I may not even use more than 15% of the 2gb exclusively on my aos phone. I know many smartphone users will fall to category similar to this, I think it is only Airtel that has worked this out and discovered that it pays to make their BIS plans available for smartphones. While Airtel enjoy bigger market from this Mtn and Glo should be beaten to their restriction. If Airtel should be all-the-way they must not compromise on this affordable data plan I currently enjoy after moving away from Mtn and Glo. They also need to improve on the quality and availability of internet service over wider coverage.
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 8:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Registering my many thanks to Airtel for their bis data bundle that has been going smoothly on my aos phones. May they continue to gain losses of glo, mtn ...
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Youngk(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
Rexyl: Registering my many thanks to Airtel for their bis data bundle that has been going smoothly on my aos phones. May they continue to gain losses of glo, mtn ...
Pls outline the procedures
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by tripledub: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Airtel ROCKS... 2GIG FOR 1500 is meeting my browsing needs for now. I just hope they ll improve on this to meet my DOWNLOADING NEEDS...
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 6:44am On Aug 07, 2013
Youngk: Pls outline the procedures

This what their data bundles look like
Complete
Monthly 30 days 1,400 *440*1# bcm
Weekly 1 week 400 *440*2# bcw
Daily 24 hours 100 *440*3# bcd
Social
Monthly 30 days 1,200 *440*4# bsm
Weekly 1 week 400 *440*5# bsw
Daily 24 hours 100 *440*6# bsd

On my phones I used these activation codes:
*440*4# for about 1gb @ 1200 and *440*16# for 2 gb @ 1500. just as simple as that the phone connects and starts browsing.
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 7:07am On Aug 17, 2013
using the data bundle on my aos phone and five days to the end of the one month subscription, data counter reads that data consumption is under 25%. I am enjoying the service. Airtel rocks.
Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by VictorTobore(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2013
I think rit nw mtn is still okay to me because I get download speed on mtn dats far way higher dan any other network I have tested.As for bis I think airtel are considering d concept of blocking it on smartphones if not y do u have to activate another 10mb b4 u can use it to browse on pc and smartphones.And u guys who think airtel data consumption rate is friendly I think u should think again because last I checked airtel data cap runs faster than any other network if u think I am lying try downloading a file of 100mb or more,u'll notice dat if u check your data balance u'll notice dat more dan 150mb has been deducted from your mb data.Well rit nw I can boldly say I am better of with mtn than with any other network.

1 Like

Re: MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair by Rexyl(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
Victor Tobore: I think rit nw mtn is still okay to me because I get download speed on mtn dats far way higher dan any other network I have tested.As for bis I think airtel are considering d concept of blocking it on smartphones if not y do u have to activate another 10mb b4 u can use it to browse on pc and smartphones.And u guys who think airtel data consumption rate is friendly I think u should think again because last I checked airtel data cap runs faster than any other network if u think I am lying try downloading a file of 100mb or more,u'll notice dat if u check your data balance u'll notice dat more dan 150mb has been deducted from your mb data.Well rit nw I can boldly say I am better of with mtn than with any other network.

For two subscriptions I have done I did not activate 10mb and connection started right away. whether Airtel drains data more than other networks I am not sure of that cos I hardly exhaust data allocated before the time.

(1) (Reply)

Zen Mobile,a Good Competition For Tecno Mobile Here In Nigeria. / How To Get The Full Desktop View Of Any Site With Your Mobile On Any Browser / Gionee Marathon M6 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.