Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated (34326 Views)

How To Avoid Being Cheated Or Scammed On JIJI Or OLX / Which Should I Choose Between Infinix Hot 3 Or Tecno L8. / 12 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Been Cheated By A Network Provider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by TechsNG: 12:24am On Apr 05, 2016
Infinix, yesterday the 4th of April, 2016, Launched the infinix Hot 3 x554 android phone to the Nigerian market. The phone which is seen as an upgrade to the first android one smartphone in Africa - infinix hot 2, was launched in Indonesia and Kenya last month.

You may have known of the specs of the phone so i wouldn't want to bore you with that. Instead, i am looking at the price.

The infinix hot 3 was launched with a price tag of N26,500 in Nigeria. While the price tag seem very affordable, something isn't just right. Elly, few days back, gave us a hint via comment stating that the hot 3 has been launched in Kenya with a price tag of $75 (75USD).

I also did some little research and stumbled on a kenya website currently selling the hot 3 x554 smartphone for KSH 7,899. Since i don't know the current exchange rate, i decided to consult Google and Google said Kenyan Shilling 7,899 equals to N15,507.79 in Nigerian Naira.

Okay, i do understand that the exchange rate provided by Google may not be accurate and dollar rate affects the price but then, let's do some very simple mathematics going by what Elly said.

As at yesterday the 4th of April, 2016, i made a purchase online and my bank charged me N305 to a dollar (that rate hasn't changed in weeks if not months now). Some banks in Nigeria charge even less. Now, N305 x 75 = N22,875. If we want to go further by using the black market dollar exchange rate, N320 x 75 = N24,000. The difference may be very little but i don't think it's fair. So my question is, why the difference in price? Are we being cheated?

Source: http://www.techsng.com/2016/04/infinix-hot-3-x554-launched-nigeria-no-price-isnt-right.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by HARDBOI: 12:31am On Apr 05, 2016
yes we are beign cheated bcoz our govmnt hard care abt us on issues like this. since they can afford them at any given price without stress.
so the westerners kno about this and decided to take advantage of it. don't blame them blame our govmnt

6 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Aubrey1(m): 12:51am On Apr 05, 2016
I don't even like their phones because most of infinix phone are battery non-removable

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by acenazt: 12:53am On Apr 05, 2016
Una still Dey buy crap like this? Abeg enta meizu and xiaomi see wonders

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by augster(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Agreed, them dey cheat us... That‘s why i can‘t buy an infinix hot 3... Would rather save up some more cash and buy xiaomi “redmi 3 pro“

8 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by jarrot(m): 9:24am On Apr 05, 2016
Pls I need advice on a good android phone with good battery life , ranging from 20 to 27k to buy. I had hot not 3 in mind but would welcome any advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2016
augster:
Agreed, them dey cheat us... That‘s why i can‘t buy an infinix hot 3... Would rather buy xiaomi redmi 3 pro
I don't understand u can't buy a 26000 naira smartphone coz it feels like cheating so instead the next best thing is one priced at 70000naira

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by augster(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2016
davthom:
I don't understand u can't buy a 26000 naira smartphone coz it feels like cheating so instead the next best thing is one priced at 70000naira
hey look well... I said redmi 3 pro not redmi note 3 pro
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 05, 2016
augster:
oh sorry about that.but isn't d redmi 3 pro still more expensive(probably above 30k if u import it or get it through one of these third party retailers on Nairaland)

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by phamarsenal: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2016
as far as am concerned I see no upgrade in d phone apart from screen size I really expected more from infinix

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by augster(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2016
davthom:
oh sorry about that.but isn't d redmi 3 pro still more expensive(probably above 30k if u import it or get it through one of these third party retailers on Nairaland)
haha... There are ways to buy cheap but very risky... And Saving up to money to get it is worth it.. Can‘t just understand why infinix can‘t use mt6753
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by CallmeKola(m): 9:58am On Apr 05, 2016
augster:

Is there a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro?
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by TechsNG: 10:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Aubrey1:
I don't even like their phones because most of infinix phone are battery non-removable

The hot 2 and hot 3 batteries are actually removable.
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by augster(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2016
CallmeKola:

Is there a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro?
Yeah.. They‘re gonna release it tmao
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Wizy001(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2016
I asked the same question. Why are we always cheated when it comes to price of gadgets?
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 05, 2016
augster:
haha... There are ways to buy cheap but very risky... And Saving up to money to get it is worth it.. Can‘t just understand why infinix can‘t use mt6753
I think iits the price,so manyp people want the hot 3 to keep its low price even as dollar is about 300naira compared to d hot 2 wen it was about 200naira.seems they cut cost by using a cheaper chipset and are trying to sell d device on its bigger battery,selfie cam and for those that hated stock android they switched to xui.if anyone has a hot 2 its definitely not worth the upgrade but if they had the original hot then maybe
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 05, 2016
augster:
I think iits the price,so manyp people want the hot 3 to keep its low price even as dollar is about 300naira compared to d hot 2 wen it was about 200naira.seems they cut cost by using a cheaper chipset and are trying to sell d device on its bigger battery,selfie cam and for those that hated stock android they switched to xui.if anyone has a hot 2 its definitely not worth the upgrade but if they had the original hot then maybe.although going to a 5.5 inch screen size was unnecessary to me
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Thebrightest(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2016
If you have INFINIX HOT NOTE PRO(32GB+2GB)
No other Infinix phone is worth changing it for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2016
No b today...

They are blaming the amount of running business in Nigeria...

And its not only on phones... also on cars... all electronics man... Its cheaper in other African countries.
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Onyenna(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2016
No be small thing
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Dottore: 10:32am On Apr 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by Dsrooftiles: 10:32am On Apr 05, 2016
grin grin grin

Na person wey buy infinix hot dem go cheat now..
with my nokia symbian fone... cost just 6k tokunbo oooo

dem fada nobody fit cheat me ooo

#teamsymbian fone...

everlasting battery... grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by wethebest(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2016
infinix fones are crap, try gionee, xiomi e.t.c and see hw fones shud b classic not all dis infinix crap.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by blackpanda: 10:34am On Apr 05, 2016
So una still get money to de CHANGE fone okay na....time to enter phase two of the CHANGE agenda! grin

8 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by emmyw(m): 10:34am On Apr 05, 2016
I Have Been Waiting For It
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by YOURMAN: 10:35am On Apr 05, 2016
ok
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by jamex93(m): 10:36am On Apr 05, 2016
No b today e start
Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by dustydee: 10:36am On Apr 05, 2016
@ Techsng,
is the import tax in Nigeria and Kenya the same? You also need to compare the cost of doing business in Nigeria and Kenya e.g corporation tax, operational costs etc.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated by kennynelcon(m): 10:38am On Apr 05, 2016
Import duty differs... no cheating, moreover dollar is 320:1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It? / How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection / Is Your Twitter App Still Loading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.