Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Who Is Your God, Jesus Or Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your God, Jesus Or Money? (558 Views)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed / Who Do Christian Worship - God, Jesus Or Their Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your God, Jesus Or Money? by sidespin: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
WHO IS YOUR GOD, JESUS OR MONEY?

The Bible gives one of the qualifications for those in the ministry as a person . . not greedy of filthy lucre . . ." (1 Tim. 3:3). The Bible has much to say about ministers of the gospel and how they obtain money. In The Worrell New Testament, the footnote for First Timothy 3:2 says the minister of the gospel must not use "his office to extort money from people."

Over the years, I have sometimes seen people use their ministries and the anointing that is upon them to obtain money from people. For example, I once visited a certain minister's meetings, who had a marvelous healing ministry. In this particular meeting, five deaf and mute people were brought from the state institution to be healed. This man ministered to all five of these men, and they were all instantly healed and could both hear and speak.

Immediately, the minister stopped the meeting and began taking up an offering. He knew he would be able to get a large offering because of the mighty demonstration of God's power. People from all over the meeting ran to give him money because of these miraculous healings.

Some people would give large sums of money to be healed. But healing can't be bought; Jesus already paid for it on Calvary. This man used his ministry and, really, the healing power of God to obtain money in a wrong way. What happened to this minister? This character weakness, as well as other faults he didn't correct, eventually cost him not only his ministry, but his life.

In the first vision when Jesus appeared to me in Rockwall, Texas, one of the things He said to me was, "There are two things to be careful of. Number one, be sure you always give all the honor and the glory for everything that happens unto Me and unto My Name.

"Secondly, be very careful about money. Many on whom I've placed My Spirit and called unto such a ministry and anointed have become money-minded and have lost the anointing."

No minister should use his position for personal gain. The Amplified Bible makes the issue of ministers and money even more clear. 1 TIMOTHY 3:3,8 (Amplified) 3 . . . not a lover of money — insatiable for wealth and ready to obtain it by QUESTIONABLE MEANS ___8 . . . not greedy for base gain — craving wealth and RESORTING TO IGNOBLE and DISHONEST METHODS of getting it.

That's one reason I tell folks, "Be careful about these people who prophesy money out of your pocket into their own. Leave them alone." Ministers can take up offerings, of course, and let people know about a need, but they should never make an issue of money. No minister should ever use his high calling in Christ for personal gain.

In my ministry, I've tried to say as little as possible about money. I don't believe we should emphasize money. I just believe if I feed the people, they will feed me, and God will provide. Actually, a minister of the gospel should be interested in building up the Kingdom of God, not in using money for his own personal gain.

Gordon Lindsay talks about ministers and money in his book, Apostles, Prophets and Governments: Judas, one of the original Twelve who shared their ministry, disqualified himself and also destroyed his own soul by using his position for personal gain... .

A true apostle must be above even the suspicion of a covetous spirit. He may, in the interest of the Kingdom, become responsible for the handling of large sums of money, as the apostles were when the multitude sold their possessions and laid them at the apostles' feet (Acts 4:34-37). But he will be a faithful steward and will not lavish on himself money given to the cause of Christ for the work of the Kingdom. The story of Judas, given such prominence in the Scriptures, is of deep significance. 1 Ministers of the gospel, including apostles, must be above reproach in every area, including how they handle money and how they obtain it. (Kenneth Hagin)
Re: Who Is Your God, Jesus Or Money? by PastorOluT(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
sidespin: WHO IS
YOUR GOD, JESUS OR MONEY?

The Bible gives one of the qualifications for those in the ministry as a
person . . not greedy of filthy lucre . . ." (1 Tim. 3:3). The Bible
has much to say about ministers of the gospel and how they obtain money.
In The Worrell New Testament, the footnote for First Timothy 3:2 says
the minister of the gospel must not use "his office to extort money from
people."

Over the years, I have sometimes seen people use their ministries and
the anointing that is upon them to obtain money from people. For
example, I once visited a certain minister's meetings, who had a
marvelous healing ministry. In this particular meeting, five deaf and
mute people were brought from the state institution to be healed. This
man ministered to all five of these men, and they were all instantly
healed and could both hear and speak.

Immediately, the minister stopped the meeting and began taking up an
offering. He knew he would be able to get a large offering because of
the mighty demonstration of God's power. People from all over the
meeting ran to give him money because of these miraculous healings.

Some people would give large sums of money to be healed. But healing
can't be bought; Jesus already paid for it on Calvary. This man used his
ministry and, really, the healing power of God to obtain money in a
wrong way. What happened to this minister? This character weakness, as
well as other faults he didn't correct, eventually cost him not only his
ministry, but his life.

In the first vision when Jesus appeared to me in Rockwall, Texas, one of
the things He said to me was, "There are two things to be careful of.
Number one, be sure you always give all the honor and the glory for
everything that happens unto Me and unto My Name.

"Secondly, be very careful about money. Many on whom I've placed My
Spirit and called unto such a ministry and anointed have become
money-minded and have lost the anointing."

No minister should use his position for personal gain. The Amplified
Bible makes the issue of ministers and money even more clear. 1 TIMOTHY
3:3,8 (Amplified) 3 . . . not a lover of money — insatiable for wealth
and ready to obtain it by QUESTIONABLE MEANS ___8 . . . not greedy for
base gain — craving wealth and RESORTING TO IGNOBLE and DISHONEST
METHODS of getting it.

That's one reason I tell folks, "Be careful about these people who
prophesy money out of your pocket into their own. Leave them alone."
Ministers can take up offerings, of course, and let people know about a
need, but they should never make an issue of money. No minister should
ever use his high calling in Christ for personal gain.

In my ministry, I've tried to say as little as possible about money. I
don't believe we should emphasize money. I just believe if I feed the
people, they will feed me, and God will provide. Actually, a minister of
the gospel should be interested in building up the Kingdom of God, not
in using money for his own personal gain.

Gordon Lindsay talks about ministers and money in his book, Apostles,
Prophets and Governments: Judas, one of the original Twelve who shared
their ministry, disqualified himself and also destroyed his own soul by
using his position for personal gain... .

A true apostle must be above even the suspicion of a covetous spirit. He
may, in the interest of the Kingdom, become responsible for the
handling of large sums of money, as the apostles were when the multitude
sold their possessions and laid them at the apostles' feet (Acts
4:34-37). But he will be a faithful steward and will not lavish on
himself money given to the cause of Christ for the work of the Kingdom.
The story of Judas, given such prominence in the Scriptures, is of deep
significance. 1 Ministers of the gospel, including apostles, must be
above reproach in every area, including how they handle money and how
they obtain it. (Kenneth Hagin)

So on point, God bless u man

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your God, Jesus Or Money? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
My God is the currency value not paper or coin. Jesus cant feed me but money does. I dont need to drag issue with atheist or theist about the existence of money. With money, things can change. With jesus, nothing change than becoming more psycho

(1) (Reply)

PAUL! The Christian / Addressing Christian Atheist Wahala / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.