Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Sunny Okosun Is Dead! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sunny Okosun Is Dead! (5556 Views)

Dabota Lawson Files For Divorce From Billionaire Prince Sunny Aku / Korede Bello With King Sunny Ade [PICS] / Sunny Ade Wins N500m Copyright Suit 30 Years Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 25, 2008
The ozzidi king evang. Sunny Okosun is dead!!! cry cry. He died this saturday 24 may 2008 in United States of America where he had gone for medical check up. he was diagnosed of the cancer of the colon.Sunny okosun was aged 61 years old. he was a recipient of many awards in his musical career including Pman life time achievement award 2005, african music awards 1994. award for musical excellence in nigeria and so many others.he will be missed. embarassed embarassed
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 25, 2008
ITS A LIE cry cry cry cry cry cry IS HE TRULY DEAD cry cry cry cry cry cry oh my gawd cry cry cry cry
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by CrazyMan(m): 6:51pm On May 25, 2008
chezi:

The ozzidi king evang. Sunny Okosun is dead!!! cry cry. He died this saturday 24 may 2008 in United States of America where he had gone for medical check up. he was diagnosed of the cancer of the colon.Sunny okosun was aged 61 years old. he was a recipient of many awards in his musical career including Pman life time achievement award 2005, african music awards 1994. award for musical excellence in nigeria and so many others.he will be missed. embarassed embarassed
Where is the link to confirm your story?

I don't believe this empty baseless and makeup story
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by iku: 7:09pm On May 25, 2008
How sure?

Havent heard or read fom paper.

Prove his death.

Iku!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by dready(f): 7:36pm On May 25, 2008
what i am seeing is what i will say here is the link http://niyitabiti..com/2008/05/breaking-newsnigerian-born-veteran.html
its like the death occured this morning but one thing is that all these media dem dey lie well well, i am not saying niyi is lying sha
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by storm0210(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2008
yeah its true, i just saw it on STV news. its a pity, i recently watched a tele broadcast he did explaining how he fought a serious illness. May his Soul rest in Peace.
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Uche2nna(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2008
Omg!!!!

May his soul rest in peace!!!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by TATPRESS(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2008
Confirmed.

TAT PRESS!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 25, 2008
na wooooooo,so dat man don go like dat cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by chiegemba(f): 9:18pm On May 25, 2008
chezi:

Hmm! how true is dat cos as @ may 22nd he was said 2 still be alive but gravely ill. . . . 4 more info on it. . .
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2008/feb/223.html
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by dmxqo(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2008
rip
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Anuliph(f): 12:27am On May 26, 2008
May his gentle soul rest in peace. i really loved his music.
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 4:23am On May 26, 2008
Who is Okosun
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Aussie(m): 5:54am On May 26, 2008
@4her,
How old are u? You mean u don't know sunny okosun?
Well, he used to be secular musician before he became a gospel musical. He has a church at Ogba, Lagos, House of Prayer Church, and was famous for his campaign against apatheid in the old south Africa.

He was a great nigerian artist.
I forgot i am a male last night when one od his gospel song was aired in his honour, 'God Your Name is Love': I SHED TEARS. I took me some seconds to put myself together and wiped my cheeks of the tears.
NIgeria will surely miss him.

The cancer had eaten deep before they could detect it in the USA.

RIP, Sunny!!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by janami(f): 7:18am On May 26, 2008
May his soul rest in peace. I beleive he is sleeping in Christ.

4Her:

Who is Okosun
this is okosun. i cnt give a lenghty background of him, but maybe his pic will help out

Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by krama(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2008
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Bosiano(f): 9:24am On May 26, 2008
May his gentle soul rest in the bossom of Almighty father. (A MENTOR)
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:29am On May 26, 2008
Rest in peace Mr Okosun.God bless u
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by lilliesboy(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2008
I don hear am oh!!i miss am sha
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Afribiz(f): 1:23pm On May 26, 2008
Yeah! It's true, it's all over the papers. May his gentle soul rest in peace, and may his church of God continue to wax stronger.
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by skyline(f): 1:25pm On May 26, 2008
I believe he died in the Lord. May his soul rest in the bossom of the ALMIGHTY.
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by tjadeba(m): 2:02pm On May 26, 2008
i shed real tears when i heard the news and it brings sadness into my heart.i have grown to love his songs right from my early years on earth when i first heard the song 'which way Nigeria', 'mother and child' till he started singing gospel and i fell in love with 'a kuku seese momo', death you are wicked!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by mystikal(m): 2:24pm On May 26, 2008
eh ya!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by jaybaby(f): 2:32pm On May 26, 2008
Dead? Hmmmmm

HOW CAN HE B DEAD N NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT IT ON TEEVEE?
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 26, 2008
Aussie:

@4her,
How old are u? You mean u don't know sunny okosun?
Well, he used to be secular musician before he became a gospel musical. He has a church at Ogba, Lagos, House of Prayer Church, and was famous for his campaign against apatheid in the old south Africa.

He was a great nigerian artist.
I forgot i am a male last night when one od his gospel song was aired in his honour, 'God Your Name is Love': I SHED TEARS. I took me some seconds to put myself together and wiped my cheeks of the tears.
NIgeria will surely miss him.

The cancer had eaten deep before they could detect it in the USA.

RIP, Sunny!!

janami:

May his soul rest in peace. I beleive he is sleeping in Christ.
this is okosun. i cnt give a lenghty background of him, but maybe his pic will help out

ohhh ok, thanks guys smiley
may his soul RIP
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by desgiezd(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2008
How are the great ones falling!! Okosun will be sorely missed, a good musician, a great fighter for freedom for black people and later a good worker in the vineyard of the Lord! How sad!!

Isn't it an irony that the same South Africans that the man sang so much for their freedom from the clutches of apartheid are now maiming and killing fellow African immigrants, including Nigerians, in their country. How would Sonny have felt had he been aware of this! What an irony!
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 26, 2008
jaybaby:

Dead? Hmmmmm

HOW CAN HE B DEAD N NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT IT ON TEEVEE?

its all over the news, heard about it on stv, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Sunny Okosun Is Dead! by CrazyMan(m): 7:39pm On May 28, 2008
Oh! cry

So it's true; may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace cry

(1) (Reply)

P-Square Beat Landlord? / Iyanya Acquires His Own Private Jet? - See Pictures Here / Chris & Anita Oyakhilome's Daughter, Sharon Has Message For You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.