Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State (14193 Views)

Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / FG Targets 800,000 Jobs Through Mechanized Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is to inform all youth that will like to participate in the joint youth mechanized farming in saki east part of Oyo State. The local Government and the Ogun Oshun River Basin Development Authority has tractors for lease, manual labour to remove trees and stumps are available at a cost. The land is a savannah virgin land that is good for cassava, maize, sorghum etc. There is a dam for sprinkler irrigation system at a cost if you want to go into vegetables, cucumbers, tomatoes and all others. You can get according to your capacity, that is based on what you can manage. It will be a joint venture unless stated otherwise. For details and info call 08064688501 or mail adesola_yinka@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by tosine25: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
I dey here too grin
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by Ejiogbe(m): 12:17am On Jul 28, 2013
Hello Jethro,
Joint venture with whom? The local govt ,or the Ogun-Osun Basin Authority ?
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:47am On Jul 28, 2013
For the irrigation system sir, the Ogun Oshun River Basin axis in Sepeteri village has 52 hectares of farmland that the pivot and sprinkler irrigation covers. Farmers collected hectarage that they can maintain but the group jointly fuel the sprinklers
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Ogun Oshun lease the land and farmers jointly pay for fuel. One can plant golden melon, cucumbers, vegetables, pepper, maize and all sort.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2013
The irrigation farmland is N2,500 per acre.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by bobojoshua(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2013
what is the cost of removing trees and stumps per hecter
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
The cost of removing trees on an hectare will depend on a) the no of trees on the hectare b) the type of trees too. Note :These trees when dried can be used for charcoal production and sold. This will compensate for some or all the cost of stumping and removing trees
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by Afoskalex(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls, what about those in osun state
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ afoskalex. Osun State Youth that have interest can also participate. Its for every youth that have interest in farming. You are all welcome
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:42am On Aug 02, 2013
This month meeting will be holding in Abeokuta on saturday 10th of August. We will be kick starting our pilot project of 50 hectares of cassava mixed with maize. You can still be part of the team. Mail adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or call 08064688501
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 12:11am On Aug 04, 2013
Still want to take part? Join us this saturday 13th of August for a refreshing entrepreneur section
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
The meeting to properly discuss this will be coming up this saturday in Abeokuta. All youth are invited
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2013
The group meeting will be coming up this saturday in Abeokuta. All youth are invited. Time 10am
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by Lawmann: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
@op,can i have your email id.i love anything agriculture with passion
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
good idea

2 Likes

Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Mail is adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or enterpreneuryouthcooperative@yahoo.com
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2013
Joint Mechanised Youth Farming in Oyo state is still on. Planting starts this year October. Cassava mixed cropping with maize. Intended participants who want the details should mail adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or call 08064688501.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2013
50 Hectares of farm land to be shared among interested youth. We can take the future. Lets feed the nation
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2013
The cassava planting will be kicking off on or before september. Details will be sent to interested participants mail.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by bawelat: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
jethro2: The cassava planting will be kicking off on or before september. Details will be sent to interested participants mail.
pls i am intrested i am trying to raise some money pls send details to my e-mail gbolahan.basheer@yahoo.com
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
@ bawelat. I will do that as soon as its compiled. You are most welcome
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by transponder: 2:35am On Aug 15, 2013
Am intrested, please send details to oluwatoyinoboh@yahoo.com
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by alfajamiu(m): 6:45am On Aug 15, 2013
Good day,I am in ibadan and I stay an life in ido local govt I have interest in your programme though it is long I have been looking for opportunity like this, l want to know if I can join an organise for young farmer in ibadan . Link me alarapejamiu@yahoo.com or call 2348035176869
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2013
More details on the joint farming. The land is 50 Hectares of land. We intend planting cassava mixed with maize. But we need to hurry if we want to still include maize cause maize planting should stop early september. Cassava planting involves a) ploughing twice, adding chemicals, getting the right cuttings and all sorts. The cost analysis details will be sent to interested youth as soon as we are done.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 6:57am On Aug 15, 2013
@ transpoder. I will get you the details as soon as we are thru.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2013
@ alfajamiu. My suggestion will be that those in Ibadan should join us to pull this one off first. They can participate in the ongoing project. You may still form a group but kicking off a project may take some time. Its just a suggestion. On the other hand, i will be willing to assisst you start a group.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 7:17am On Aug 15, 2013
Who says farming is easy? Its the most difficult work profession. Outside Nigeria, farmers are the richest because they decide and control the economy. While is it the other way in Nigeria? Because our farmers still uses crude and backdated technologies. As Youth, we are suppose to feed the world. A youth can not achieve this but collectivelly we can. The truth is most of us are looking for quick cash and this has blinded us to the reality. Compared to other investment, farming is not a one year thing, you must be prepare to re invest and expand for atleast 3 years. The system is frustrating. Yes, but for a set of youth to have 5O to 100 hectares of farm land collectivellt will attract outside assisstance. Until we do something, nobody will assisst us. Pardon my Yoruba" won ni omo ti oba si ipa ni iya e ngbe" can be translated as heaven help those who help themselved or let someone assist with the translation. Best regards
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by tosine25: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2013
You right, Heaven helps those who help themselves

Youths have to wake up from their slumber and act now
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by deriod(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2013
hello I've sent you a mail but no reply I'm interested in the joint farming send am email @ mubo410@gmail.com
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by jethro2: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ deriod. We will get back at every one as soon as possible.
Re: Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State by Immaculate4sure(m): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sent u mail & waiting 4 reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food Crisis: Army Deploys Officers To Protect Farmers In The North / New Business Niche: Supply Of 25 Kg Bags Of Powdered Milk In Nigeria / EXPERT ADVICE: The Most Profitable Agrobusiness 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.