Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. (3096 Views)

The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' / Eckanker And Soul Travel / Mind-body Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by holychic: 11:43am On May 26, 2008
nairalanders, i need to cleanse my mind, body and soul. Does anybody have an idea how i can do that.
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by syrup(f): 11:59am On May 26, 2008
Perhaps not enough info to help us understand what exactly you mean. On a light note, to cleanse the body, if lux soap will not do, just take a bubble bath to help the skin cells relax for a while. cheesy

Okay, seriously. smiley If the question was about finding spiritual refreshment, a few would help (from a Christian view) -

(a) Renew your mind by the Word -
"be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind"
-- Rom. 12:1-2

(b) Obey what it teaches by the power of the Holy Spirit -
"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit"
-- (1 Pet. 1:22)

(c) Depend on God's unfailing love -
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fea"
-- (1 John 4:18)

Will these be of some help for the moment? smiley
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by holychic: 12:12pm On May 26, 2008
@Syrup
your post was helpful when it comes to cleansing my soul.
but my body it didn't help, i've committed fornication in the past, so i need to cleanse my body and mind from all those thoughts because i've decided to go celibate and my past still hunts me.
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by okenwa(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2008
1. let the past go. . .
2. don't go back to it
3. pray from your heart and mean it
4. READ the WORD OF GOD OFTEN and pray for renewal of mind always.
5. REPEAT STEP 1 - 4 above always
bye
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by syrup(f): 12:45pm On May 26, 2008
holychic:

@Syrup
your post was helpful when it comes to cleansing my soul.
but my body it didn't help, i've committed fornication in the past, so i need to cleanse my body and mind from all those thoughts because i've decided to go celibate and my past still hunts me.

You're plainly honest - this is highly prized.

Have I committed serious sins before I came to know Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord? Yes indeed. Am I proud of them? Not at all. Am I non-challant about them? No - on the contrary, they were a source of constant pain to me even before I was saved. So, how did I find peace of heart? I would say that for me, it was prominently by two things: (a) prayerful understanding of God's Word, and (b) the fortune of faithful friends who know Jesus Christ for real rather than in a shallow sense!

Appreciating the fact that everyone's situation is different, what else could I offer that might be beneficial to you? Let's see:

(a) You're not alone

Please understand that other people struggle with even more serious problems. But one thing that helps them is their honesty. They come without pretences to God Himself - and He proved His power real to change their lives (including me).

What other "serious" sins haunted these people? They are many; but one of such faithful friends that God sent my way showed me two examples: (i) Moses (ii) Paul. What identifies these two men as "serious" offenders? Murder. However, when they had an honest encounter with God, both men were seriously broken - so much so that Moses the mighty prince was a feeble man with stuttering speech, too scared to go back to Egypt.

Okay, we know the rest of the story. But what is so evident in these men's lives is this - God's power proven in their lives. My friend challenged me: "Did God forgive these men?" I answered in the affirmative. Then the challenge: "Why can't He do the same for you and grant you peace?" I was struck - and that led me to trust God more.

(b) God is Faithful

Mere words are powerless to save. They may be helpful (such as you read these lines), but nothing can substitute for the reality of God's power in a person's life. God is more than willing to transform our lives, set us free and enrich our very being with His grace. . . and He does this by His Holy Spirit. That is why for those who have come to know Jesus Christ in a real way, they will guarantee to you that nothing will avail without the Spirit who brings the reality.

But is it so difficult? By no means. I was surprised how easy it was for Him to set me free - the very day when I simply trusted Him with childlike faith. Even when it was a feeble whisper in the privacy of my room, that very moment my burdens were dissolved - and I knew it!

God knows your predicaments - more than that, He bless and enrich your life. Difficult? Not at all. Just trust Him - even if it is a whisper that comes from the debts of your heart and you don't know any theology, it pleases Him and you will never remain the same with such burdens.

God bless you. smiley
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by holychic: 1:00pm On May 26, 2008
@syrup
many thanks. i've been truly blessed with ur post.

@okenwa
thanks. ur post was helpful.
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by holythug(m): 5:06pm On May 26, 2008
to clean:Body raise ur ass & receive banging
mind raise ur ears listen to music
soul raise ur ass & receive holy banging
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by holychic: 8:48am On May 27, 2008
lol
@holythug
abeg oh go romance section.
this section no be for thugs.
good advise though.
have try wat u suggested and didn't work.
maybe u would be kind enough to make more holy suggestions.
Re: How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. by holythug(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2008
den come to my room for d holy session

(1) (Reply)

God - Fairy Tale Or Truth? - Dr. Lars Gule Vs Hamza Tzortzis - Full Debate / Predestination: Christians Kindly Contribute On This Subject 4 My Understanding. / Is Jesus Christ Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.