Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos (12695 Views)

PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign / Illegal Connection: Man Electrocuted To Death In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by olillywales(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
A 28-year-old electrician was, Tuesday, electrocuted in Apata area of Jos, the Plateau State capital while trying to fix a problem on an electricity pole in the area.

The man identified as Chukwuebuka Eze, according to eyewitnesses, climbed the pole in Agwan Lambu quarters around noon ostensibly to change the supply phase to his shop when the Power Holding of Nigeria, PHCN,suddenly restored light, which electrocuted him.

According to an eyewitness, his shirt caught fire and burnt out even as his body remained glued to the electric line.
A loud spark was said to have been heard as he was electrocuted, drawing the attention of neighbours who watched helplessly.

A woman identified as a neighbour to the deceased screamed as she came out and saw him on fire and dangling from the pole describing the incident as “terrible and horrifying.”
“I just heard people shouting and I rushed out to see a man on top of an electric pole with hisshirt on fire; I did not even know that it was my neighbour; this is terrible”, she later .

Some onlookers rushed to PHCN office to lodgea report for the electricity supply to the area tobe cut off and it took the combined effort of PHCN officials and some concerned residents to bring down the corpse of the deceased .
The corpse was later taken away by the PHCN officials accompanied by three policemen.

The deceased said to be in his late twenties and who hailed from Anambra State and only on Sunday launched a gospel album. It was learnt that his relations and kinsmen have been contacted.

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/man-electrocuted-in-jos/
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by supaeagles(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
cry cry cry
RIP ..... Condolence to his family too.

Needless to say, that was an ill advised move by the unfortunate electrician. If he had the misfortune of working on an 11kV line then 11,000 volts would have surely done the damage. Even if it was a regular 240 volt 3 phase line, that would have been 415 volts across 2 lines

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by kingarizona(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Book space!!smiley
Lemme read d content!!
Rip anyway

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
olillywales: A 28-year-old electrician was, Tuesday, electrocuted in Apata area of Jos, the Plateau State capital while trying to fix a problem on an electricity pole in the area.

The man identified as Chukwuebuka Eze, according to eyewitnesses, climbed the pole in Agwan Lambu quarters around noon ostensibly to change the supply phase to his shop when the Power Holding of Nigeria, PHCN,suddenly restored light, which electrocuted him.

According to an eyewitness, his shirt caught fire and burnt out even as his body remained glued to the electric line.
A loud spark was said to have been heard as he was electrocuted, drawing the attention of neighbours who watched helplessly.

A woman identified as a neighbour to the deceased screamed as she came out and saw him on fire and dangling from the pole describing the incident as “terrible and horrifying.”
“I just heard people shouting and I rushed out to see a man on top of an electric pole with hisshirt on fire; I did not even know that it was my neighbour; this is terrible”, she later .

Some onlookers rushed to PHCN office to lodgea report for the electricity supply to the area tobe cut off and it took the combined effort of PHCN officials and some concerned residents to bring down the corpse of the deceased .
The corpse was later taken away by the PHCN officials accompanied by three policemen.

The deceased said to be in his late twenties and who hailed from Anambra State and only on Sunday launched a gospel album. It was learnt that his relations and kinsmen have been contacted.

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/man-electrocuted-in-jos/
well, there goes the PHCN,s response to blackout!
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by olivvvia: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
cry
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by olusenny: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sad...
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by olusenny: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sad... Story
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by honeydear(f): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
sadRIP
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by ELgordo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Damn# that was a Shocking story. . . RIP 5th or iz it 6th to comment
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by talktrue1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
As an electrician,he should know that he have to insulate himself before touching wire whether live or not.
Anyway, RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by swstest(f): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oh my God! So pathetic... May his soul RIP. Al dis electric stuff ehh ehh. angry
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by simongonner: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chai RIP Man...na ur handwork kill u....
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
cry
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wetin igbo man no fit do cos of money? Na d N200 wey this man go give electrician don go make am die so. RIP
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by demmy55(m): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
king arizona: Book space!!smiley
Lemme read d content!!
Rip anyway

Na the new trend be dis?
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
Eh! Ewooo! Chimooo!
That Apata area is filled with many Ibos. RIP man.
Last Bullet:
Still on the matter, only PHCN staff should mount poles. Those electricians no dey hear word. If PHCN staff wan work for an area, they lld v switched off power supply to that area before they start fixing.
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hmm so sad R.I.P
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by ZACHIE: 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Electrocuted to death....see grammar.
wetin else him for electrocute to? coma?
electrocute is plain enough

7 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by kzokul(m): 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dis mod is playing politics on nairaland coz I was d 1st person 2 create dis topic even wit pix of d electrocuted man and it was not on front page and dis guy jez put hm own nw and e don enta fp shap shap..wat is really going on seun...after u wil b d ones criticizing politicians and their likes.....u don't knw dt dis is how dey strted.....no p sha....

13 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by ichommy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
Eya, So sad
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by supaeagles(m): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
kzokul: Dis mod is playing politics on nairaland coz I was d 1st person 2 create dis topic even wit pix of d electrocuted man and it was not on front page and dis guy jez put hm own nw and e don enta fp shap shap..wat is really going on seun...after u wil b d ones criticizing politicians and their likes.....u don't knw dt dis is how dey strted.....no p sha....
you talk true oh, your own thread has pic and so could have been granted FP privileges . Maybe mod gave it to the OP of this thread because he/she actually posted it first .... on the 23rd and that is an important consideration for FP I believe.
(also ill lose my first to comment status on your thread )
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
My God, what a horrible way to die.
May his soul truly rest in peace.
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by donpedro98(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by IAMBREEZY: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
R.I.P to him
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
Condolescense to family of d deceased, but it little current in high tension transmission that kills not the high voltage. To confirm check van de graaf generator built with thousand of voltage, the only effect it has on the body is just pulling up ur hair
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by supaeagles(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Allocsoluwatosi: Condolescense to family of d deceased, but it little current in high tension transmission that kills not the high voltage. To confirm check van de graaf generator built with thousand of voltage, the only effect it has on the body is just pulling up ur hair
oga no oh, static electricity case from a van der graff is different I believe...., though the static voltage is high, it dissipates away rapidly on contact because there isn't sufficient charge. Whereas the high voltage in electricity lines can kill because that voltage level is always maintained (by the generation process) on human contact
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by Remii(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
OP, anyone electrocuted is dead, nothing like electrocuted to death. You could say shocked to death.

Topic: RIP, next life please take lesser risk.
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by Chamber10(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
Don Demu: Wetin igbo man no fit do cos of money? Na d N200 wey this man go give electrician don go make am die so. RIP

Park well jare. Poor reasoning, any tribe can do it so far say na Naija. Cheap bigot angry

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by AbuMikey(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Too Bad!!!!!!!
Consequences of Illegal Connection

[centre]Stupidity of PHCN[/centre]
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by DICKtator: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
ZACHIE: Electrocuted to death....see grammar.
wetin else him for electrocute to? coma?
electrocute is plain enough

grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by FUCKU: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Don Demu: Wetin igbo man no fit do cos of money? Na d N200 wey this man go give electrician don go make am die so. RIP

you are Amu
Re: Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos by ajaolu(m): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
supaeagles: cry cry cry
RIP ..... Condolence to his family too.

Needless to say, that was an ill advised move by the unfortunate electrician. If he had the misfortune of working on an 11kV line then 11,000 volts would have surely done the damage. Even if it was a regular 240 volt 3 phase line, that would have been 415 volts across 2 lines

how did you calculate it to be 415, i think it should be 240 x 2 = 480

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Has Made Saraki Current Issue In Nigerian Politics – Senators Misau & Rafiu / $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu / Yerima Shettima To SE: Politicians Are Responsible For Your Suffering Not Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.