Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? (756 Views)

Even Critics Of His Time Accused Jesus Of occultism And Stage managing Miracles / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by mrlaw93(m): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
the question is how did Jesus pray during his years on earth? did he start by saying "IN JESUS NAME" like we all do today?. I dont tink so cos it will look like self boast before GOD. someone pls give a clue how he prayed. No abusive word. please
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by kennybelle: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
Read d Lord‘s prayer once more. I believe since he was d second-in-command after God,he was no sinner n was nt ransomed; he needed no intermediary btw himself n God, so he prayed directly to his father with d greatest show of humility! However,he serves as a channel btw US n God,dts y we pray 2 God through him.
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by enilove(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is a sample of Jesus' prayer to his Father in heaven:

John 11:41-44 KJV
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. [42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it , that they may believe that thou hast sent me. [43] And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. [44] And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by mrlaw93(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
enilove: This is a sample of Jesus' prayer to his Father in heaven:

John 11:41-44 KJV
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. [42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it , that they may believe that thou hast sent me. [43] And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. [44] And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

nd do we still do this
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by enilove(m): 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
mrlaw93: nd do we still do this
l

Jesus commanded us to pray in his name, as we can read in John 14:13-14 KJV
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. [14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by mrlaw93(m): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2013
hmmm.. interesting
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Does God Pray who would He pray to, and what would He pray for and why would He pray and when would He pray and what method/mode as in just standing or does it include bowing, etc, prostrating?

If Jesus prayed, he was not God. If the mother of Jesus was not the spouse of God, Jesus was not the son of God. We dont need to seek a father for him because greatness does not have to anchor on having a father.

Prayer of Jesus could not not have been what you listed. It must include more than that in official sense as demonstrated by the night prayers at the gethsemane. Standing, bowing and prostrating all the while having something structured to say, even so intense that he cried and sweated heavily is more like the prayers of believers.
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by mrlaw93(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
RoyPCain: Does God Pray who would He pray to, and what would He pray for and why would He pray and when would He pray and what method/mode as in just standing or does it include bowing, etc, prostrating?

If Jesus prayed, he was not God. If the mother of Jesus was not the spouse of God, Jesus was not the son of God. We dont need to seek a father for him because greatness does not have to anchor on having a father.

Prayer of Jesus could not not have been what you listed. It must include more than that in official sense as demonstrated by the night prayers at the gethsemane. Standing, bowing and prostrating all the while having something structured to say, even so intense that he cried and sweated heavily is more like the prayers of believers.
re u trying to say Jesus is god... Dnt try and complicate issues here ooo
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
@op read this:

1) JESUS
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON[/b]:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) [b]ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

5) MUHAMMAD (SAW) was commanded in the glorious Qura’n to prostrate to Allahthus:

(96:19)
Re: How Did Jesus Pray During His Time? by mrlaw93(m): 10:52am On Jul 25, 2013
abubello: @op read this:

1) JESUS
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON[/b]:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) [b]ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

5) MUHAMMAD (SAW) was commanded in the glorious Qura’n to prostrate to Allahthus:

(96:19)
interesting

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. / This Time Its Winners Chapel U.K Branch. / Do Atheists Believe In Nothing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.