Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. (753 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by AllRoundGist: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
I used to hear people preach that salvation is free but nowadays, salvation has gotten a price tag. Pastors have turned churches into business enterprises and the word of God is now marketable. I know some die-hard, brainwashed Nigerian christians will object to criticizing any pastor because according to them, 'pastors are spirit led' and no one should question their actions.

I'm a Christ Embassy member oh....but that doesn't mean i should shut up when people are being brainwashed all in the name of christianity. Where in the bible did Jesus or any of his disciples asked for money in exchange for God's word? Was the world smaller than it is right now that pastors now use every given opportunity to milk christians all in the name of 'sharing God's word around the world'? Abi whoever wrote the bible omitted that Jesus and his disciples used jets and luxury cars to share God's word around the world?

Pastoring is now the latest booming career in Nigeria which has led even native doctors into becoming automatic pastors. Na who want carry last? Everybody is now spirit filled. lol

With all the mega donations, offerings, tithes, seed sowing, etc... from church members, people are now asked to buy tickets so as to be able to listen to God's word from a 'man of God'.

These days, pastors preach nothing other than 'prosperity'. Salvation and repentance are no longer in vogue, the more they preach prosperity and giving, they more money they make.

They collect from the poor who strive to make ends meet and use it to live a luxury life, build mega schools for the rich, drive luxury cars, fly with jets, wears designers clothes and shoes, live in mega houses while the tithe, offering givers and seed sowers live in 'face-me-i-face-you' houses and buy 'okrika clothes'.

Christianity has seriously gone wrong and all these so called pastors are now using it to milk people for their own selfish interests. Pastors, are you not supposed to live a simple life on earth and wait for your reward in heaven? I just hope he won't be collecting Tithes and Offerings after the gate fees and i hope he pays whoever wrote the bible for marketing what's in it. SMH!
http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/07/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-collects-money.html#more

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Since when has nigeria started using pound sterling?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by AllRoundGist: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Since when has nigeria started using pound sterling?

Who is holding 'Higher Life Conference' in the UK?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
@op: the sad aspect is that when the wrath of God starts descending upon u, nobody may be there to see & learn from ur experience...
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by Boss13: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
Justosaus: @op: the sad aspect is that when the wrath of God starts descending upon u, nobody may be there to see & learn from ur experience...
I hate this ignorant comment with passion. The OP has identified something unusual. God's wrath does not descend on anybody. Your pastor has guided your heart with fear
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hi,

The ticket is for a conference and I don't think it is unusual to charge a fee for some specific conferences. Unless you are saying that this conference is the same as the normal Sunday services they hold.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by Sijo01(f): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by alexleo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
@OP

So what are you still doing in that church? You people are so deceived and you just dey follow like that. Which kind mumurism be this? Na wa for una o.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Collects Money In Exchange For God's Word. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Boss13: I hate this ignorant comment with passion. The OP has identified something unusual. God's wrath does not descend on anybody. Your pastor has guided your heart with fear
...yeah, great opportunity for the vultures to pour out... If he thinks he's the only one who hasn't been 'brainwashed' among millions then what is he still doing in the church? Why doesn't he have the boldness to stand up to his pastors in church instead of scurrying behind the veil of the computer screen?
And to you my 'learned' colleague, do you have an opinion of your own, or you're just here to support & oppose?

(1) (Reply)

Anti-trinitarians: I Can Now Prove That Jesus And God Are One / Any Kenneth Copeland Ministry's Partner Here? / Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.