Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG (23755 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / President Goodluck Jonathan Regime Signed TSA Agreement With 1% Fee - Minister / Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by SamConquer(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2013
See People Viewing the thread o.Una don tire For House So Soon...The Strike is only 3 Years Naw...#Dodges Stone#....Lollll

3 Likes

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2013
Lordave: Calm down. We understand how badly it affects you, and making all these noises on Nairaland won't solve anything.
kindly shut up if u dont have anything to say....good one hillsnite

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Lordave: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2013
BimiOne: we are doomed
you and who
Oga speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by fishkaveli(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2013
Eyin oyinbo. Ewah fun mi ni visa
Damn tired of sitting ahome.
God where your face dey
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2013
Bryancrox: Strike or no strike man go survive...phuck dem all
I no sure sey u dey go skull, e b like sey na OKAda man u b. fashola Go soon collect DAT OKAda wey dey make u survive angry
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by SamConquer(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2013
Lordave: you and who
Oga speak for yourself.
#Shakes His Hand#

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by chistar01(m): 9:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Una never see anything! Them just dey start. But ASUU demands are just absurd! Its not like they works half as hard as they make it seem, with lecturers who skip lectures and seat in their house growing fat.

Anywy check out the link on my signature for what ive been doing with my forced ASUU break. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Clemzy16(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2013
greatgod2012: When two elephant fights, the grass suffer for it.

Only the wise can understand my parable!
for ur mind nw u don say something wise..clap for yourself.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Lordave: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2013
mathematician: kindly shut up if u dont have anything to say....good one hillsnite
I should shut up? No problem I'll.
But if you think shouting and ranting like a hen that has been snatched off her chick by a kite on Nairaland would solve a pin about this issue, I'd say keep it up. That's the kind of post that sparks off revolution sh!it of a post by people like you on this forum

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by profeoo(m): 9:45am On Jul 24, 2013
hillsate: Only an irresponsible government will even contemplate a mutually agreed and signed agreement.

What in God's name is minister of labour trying to say about the agreement being inherited? That's foolish. Government cannot talk about inheriting anything. Government is seen as government. Goodluck was vice president when the agreement was reached and signed. Why don't they refuse loans collected or money piled up in the reserves by predecessors?

We have bunch of non sane persons in govt. I even heard one talking about Nigerians now enjoying 16hrs of light. I guess he means sunlight.

A government that can raise 500 million naira to spend on a 3hrs party is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

A government that has budgeted some serious money to buy two additional private jets to add to the existing 8 functional jets is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

A government that budgeted 4 billion naira to build a complex for Patience Jonathan in the name of NGO is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

What a Nigeria! Let's not focus on one side of the coin only. What has ASUU been doing with the seemingly little fund given to them by the F.G?
They should just look 4 a mid point to meet and let the students go back to school. Incessant strike actions have in no way helped the Nigerian students!
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2013
And even if conditions were met,what good would it do 4 studnts? No public serving nigerian will act differently with funds associated with their status salaries! Even with the amount u receive ASUU can still deliver dividends. I opine dt govt should not give in totally to all their demands!

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by jhydebaba(m): 9:45am On Jul 24, 2013
BimiOne: we are doomed
Really shocked shocked
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Lordave:
I should shut up? No problem I'll.
But if you think shouting and ranting like a hen that has been snatched off her chick by a kite on Nairaland would solve a pin about this issue, I'd say keep it up. That's the kind of post that sparks off revolution sh!it of a post by people like you on this forum
summary of your post in one word STUP1DITY
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by SplendidE(f): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Na wa o some of us go grow old 4 houz finish.....jst passing anyway n shaking my Cute Ass....
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by kpozite(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Only in countries like ours will ♈όϋ hear such crap.
When 25% of the budget goes NASS.
Nigerian political class the highest paid in the world.
when it comes to education funding someone will come and say FG cannot afford it.
ASUU please continue your Strike there is money they just want to test your resolve.

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 24, 2013
I think ASUU is d kind of STRIKER ARSENAL needs

3 Likes

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Naijarepsnet(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2013
WE WAN GO SKUL OOO

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by dridowu: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2013
Impossible, laughing is japenese chinchanchinchaan
Student shd ready to stay @ home 4 a very long time b dat
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2013
Clemzy16: for ur mind nw u don say something wise..clap for yourself.
what he said is not even a parable. Guy, go use ur dictionary well
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by SplendidE(f): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2013
I don old 4 houz sotay i d use walkn stick.....Jst passing thoo n shaking my Cute Ass...

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by njokujeoffrey(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2013
This govt seem nt to av d naija students in mind......nd they want evil vices to stop .......i pity thEM
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Lordave: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2013
mathematician: summary of your post in one word STUP1DITY
obviously you don't have anything to say but you told me to shut up.
Chai! I don't know what is inside that your thick skull.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by amacastel: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Well well this is absurd but the truth is this ASUU are the same with the govt the funds that are been given to them earlier wot have they been doing with it nothing I never know that govt give them dime b4 yet they sale hand out ,sort out,miss lectures,behave any how they want as if they are demi god let's not forget that GEJ is in the system b4 so he know wots up with ASUU and money we just need revolution I urge federal govt to employ foreign lectures then we will see a turn arund in our educational system cos our nigerian lectures are wicked,proud,arrogant even worse than the politicians bt these are people that dis country use their money to train I strongly support the federal govt on dis issue

2 Likes

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by APON11(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2013
In Usuafia's vioce *aggreement is aggrement eyo, aggreement is aggreement eyo. E don reach 4 settlement u come day tell me nonsense aggreement is aggreement eyo* hahahahaha
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Exponental(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Wat a Dameshame. Display of irresponsibility
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by muredo(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2013
ojubi: Nigeria is a complex society, once government give ASSU 90 billion naira, it is going to be a reference point to every sector to ask for a raise, infact Non teaching staff in the university will start their strike immediately.
At the moment nigeria recurrent expenditure is not looking good couple with the level of unemployment. We shd be talking about new jobs not too much increment in pay.
BUT THEY CAN GIVE NOLLYWOOD 35 BILLION,CRAZY COUNTRY OF OURS
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by crystalballs: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2013
It is only done in Naija.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by phyktor(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2013
This country is jst a film you cant avoid to miss, here sum1 is talkin abt inheritance in government.....ASUU should just please do sumthing because this people are not ready to reach a tangible consensus
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by emmanuel4758(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2013

ediot is dat tin nt proverb
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2013

Ok, wise one. You've been spotted
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by onyeka205(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2013
ojubi: Sad but that is the bitter truth.
The government never sat in One table with ASUU as partners to draft the said agreement.
During the presidency of YARADUA ASSU single handedly drafted that agreement and forced the government with series of strikes to assent it, which they did due to public out cry to stop the strike then.
But come to think of it ASUU wanting the addition of another 90 billion naira to their recurrent expenditure is crazy, once the fed govt agree to do it the state universities will ask for the same amount and trust me state governments will never be able to pay the money.
If they eventually have their way which i doubt then we should be ready for the worse because the price of school fees will sky rocket and an average Nigerian will not be able to acquire university education.
Workers from other sectors will also come out and tell the government; you raise ASSU budget by 90 billion, we need a raise too which is not healthy for the economy at the moment especially with the oil theft.
So ASSU just need to find a way to lower their expectation.

Who told you that ASUU never had a roundtable discussion with the Federal Government? Are you speaking for the Federal Government because there has been any time the Federal Government denied having an agreement with ASUU, what they are saying was that the agreement was inherited by the present administration.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by ITbomb(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2013
ojubi: Sad but that is the bitter truth.
If they eventually have their way which i doubt then we should be ready for the worse because the price of school fees will sky rocket and an average Nigerian will not be able to acquire university education.
Workers from other sectors will also come out and tell the government; you raise ASSU budget by 90 billion, we need a raise too which is not healthy for the economy at the moment especially with the oil theft.
So ASSU just need to find a way to lower their expectation.
Point 1. It has come to a point that Nigerians should not be asking just for university education BUT QUALITY UNIVERSITY EDUCATION which the present funding cannot provide. When Nigeria signed the UNICEF agreement to provide more allocation for education, didnt they know that other sector existed. They should have said, 'no we dont care about education, we are not going to sign this'.
Point 2. We already have classes in the tertiary education. Trying to play level ground is what is keeping Nigeria from growing as per Federal Character. THere should be no issues in establishing premium Federal Universities for those who can afford it and scholarship for brillant ones who cannot afford it. States can provide only what they can afford and must not be drawn into unfair competition. But healty competition for quality is allowed.
Point 3. This is not a question of ASUU lowering their expectation. It is a crisis call for the tertiary educational dysfunctionality in Nigeria to be corrected. If we must improve on the quality of life and lower corruption, then education should be given high priority.
The strike should continue until we see university labs fitted with adequate bunsen burners, Class ratio lowered from the current average of 400:1 by employing more lecturers and building more lecture halls, Research Centers established in Universities, companies partnering with University to train manpower, and of course the staff being paid enough to concentrate on teaching only and be able to compete with colleagues in other countries.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.