Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved (5506 Views)

Reps In Rowdy Session As Tambuwal Sides With Baraje-led PDP / Baraje-led PDP Faction A Fraud - Falana / Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
ASUU Strike: Baraje-led PDP faction goes spiritual

Published: September 15,2013

ASUU Strike: “New PDP” calls for fasting, prayers.
A factional chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Abubakar Baraje, has requested all members of the party worldwide to embark on seven days of fasting and prayers commencing from Monday, September 16 as one of the ways of resolving the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.

Mr. Baraje said his faction decided to commit the present logjam in educational sector to God because it has proven too intractable for the Federal Government to solve.

He said his party was deeply concerned by the plight of students and parents due to the continued closure of public universities following the strike by ASUU to protest the Federal Government’s failure to implement the agreement it signed with the Union in 2009.

“Muslims all over the nation and abroad who are PDP members should close their fast by this Friday, 20th of September, 2013, at their places of worship while the Christians should end theirs on Sunday, 22nd September, 2013 at their places of worship,”. Mr. Baraje said in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.

The statement, which was signed by the spokesperson of the faction, Chukwuemeke Eze, said it had become imperative to seek the face of God over the lingering industrial action considering that “all efforts to resolve this unwarranted strike have failed woefully and considering the socio-economic damage this strike has caused both parents and our children,” Mr. Eze said.

He said he was confident that their resolve to go to God would succeed as the importance of fasting and prayers could not ” be overemphasized”.

Ashamed of the government
Mr. Eze said members of the faction are shocked that the government inflicting this monumental hardship on Nigerians is a PDP Government popularly elected by majority of Nigerians and run by a president who was once a university lecturer.
He asked for forgiveness from Nigerians on behalf of the federal government and assured that the party would find a way out of the “shameful situation”.

Sets up four-man committee
Mr. Eze also said the factional chairman, had set up a four-man committee, under the leadership of Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, to advise the party on the best way to get the Federal Government’s Negotiating Committee and the leadership of ASUU to reach an agreement on the issues at stake and therefore end the three-month-old strike.

Other members of the committee are Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State, Chinwo Ike, President of the University of Port Harcourt Alumni, and Timi Frank, the faction’s National Youth Leader.

Mr. Eze said the setting up of the committee became urgent as reports reaching the faction indicated that many of students “have out of frustration and boredom turned to prostitution, armed robbery and other vices due to the prolonged industrial action”.

Police should unseal our secretariats
Mr. Eze asked the detachment of police officers currently stationed at the faction’s secretariat to vacate the property following Friday’s decision by a Federal High Court in Abuja which ruled that the Baraje faction of the PDP should be allowed to operate without any further harassment or inhibition.

Justice E.S. Chukwu had in his ruling held that there was no evidence before the court to show any misconduct on the part of Baraje’s faction as claimed by the Tukur-led faction, which requested it to stop the Baraje-led PDP from operating.

“We, therefore, wish to appeal to President Goodluck Jonathan to save the Police from the plot to ridicule it by using it to perpetrate illegality such as sealing the lawfully-acquired National Secretariat of PDP and our Secretariats in states like Rivers, Bayelsa, Kaduna and Kwara,” Mr. Eze said.

“The powers that be should as a matter of urgency stop projecting and portraying the Police as a tool of injustice and attack on the perceived political opponents of Mr. President” Eze. Said.

He said the faction would continue to use the Judiciary to prove to Mr. Tukur’s faction that the days of running the affairs of the PDP with impunity and high-handedness were over.

He said the time had come for Mr. Tukur to correctly read the handwriting on the wall and honourably throw in the towel along with other members of his National Working Committee.

Source
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Tolexander: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wonder shall never end.
All this while when things were smooth and ions flowing within the PDP circuit, none of them remembered there was a problem between the federal government and ASUU. Now that things have fallen apart with the centre failing to hold, they now understand federal government can't withstand the demand of ASUU and calling for fasting and prayer.

Why can't they organise a fasting and prayer to call their own house to order before extending the spiritual arm to the FG-ASUU saga!

After the fasting, they will go on to break with food containing all the classes of food while i break the fast with garri and sugar which is just glucose and roughages. When the prayer is answered with ASUU resuming, it becomes another problem on me cos i may not resume with them due to the breakdown resulting from the non-nutritious food used for fast breaking.

18 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
Another brainless religious approach to pertinent national issues. Rubbish! Hope he will declare fast to stop looting n return of their stolen billions.

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
mitwitdot: Another brainless religious approach to pertinent national issues. Rubbish! Hope he will declare fast to stop looting n return of their stolen billions.

How dare you condemn the most popular problem-solving approach at the disposal of Nigerian politicians? angry

3 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by orelove4liff: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Tolexander: Wonder shall never end.
All this while when things were smooth and ions flowing within the PDP circuit, none of them remembered there was a problem between the federal government and ASUU. Now that things have fallen apart with the centre failing to hold, they now understand federal government can't withstand the demand of ASUU and calling for fasting and prayer.

Why can't they organise a fasting and prayer to call their own house to order before extending the spiritual arm to the FG-ASUU saga!

After the fasting, they will go on to break with food containing all the classes of food while i break the fast with garri and sugar which is just glucose and roughages. When the prayer is answered with ASUU resuming, it becomes another problem on me cos i may not resume with them due to the breakdown resulting from the non-nutritious food used for fast breaking.
so u still hav money to buy sugar? U are rich!
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
eGuerrilla:

How dare you condemn the most popular problem-solving approach at the disposal of Nigerian politicians? angry

Lol...I don't dispute it mehn! They know hw to get Nigerians when they need it. Religion n ethnicity being their chief weapon.

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by wesley80(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
eGuerrilla:

That "popular problem solving approach" might just be the reason this nation hasnt gone up in flames along with the souls of thousands. Dont hate on Religion - which remains mans greatest weapon, hate on those that have chosen to use it as a tool of deception and an excuse for indolence.

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
wesley80:
That "popular problem solving approach" might just be the reason this nation hasnt gone up in flames along with the souls of thousands. Dont hate on Religion - which remains mans greatest weapon, hate on those that have chosen to use it as a tool of deception and an excuse for indolence.

It might also just be one of the reasons for our re#tarded growth as a nation.
When political science students believe a rigged election is God's doing, as Okey Ndibe once remarked about students he taught at UNILAG, we have deeper problems, don't you think?

3 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by wesley80(m): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It might also just be one of the reasons for our re#tarded growth as a nation.
When political science students believe a rigged election is God's doing, as Okey Ndibe once remarked about students he taught at UNILAG, we have deeper problems, don't you think?

A "rigged election" as God's doing? Only a Godless fellow would fail to see the Paradox in reaching such a nonsensical conclusion which leaves me wondering who were those in Okey's class; mowrons? Despite the many arguments you and so many feel you can advance against Religion and the concept of a Divine God, have you stopped to wonder what a "Godless" Nigeria would be like? It's already Dog eat Dog as it is so what would be the prospects without the tender restraint Religion and "God" brings?

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Kingspin(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Rubbish set of Nigerians. Go and form your own party.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Tolexander: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2013
orelove4liff: so u still hav money to buy sugar? U are rich!
no o!
Na sugar cane o. Squeeze out the water in large amount to take my garri.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by chimeziepaul: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
WE GIVE UNCOLLATERISED LOAN TO SALARY EARNERS, WHAT QUALIFIES YOU IS JUST A STEADY MONTHLY INCOME AND WE CAN HELP PROVIDE THAT QUICK CASH YOU NEED.ITS MORE OR LESS LIKE A SALARY ADVANCE BUT WE GIVE YOU YOU MORE THAN YOUR MONTHLY AND YOU HAVE 60-90 DAYS TO PAY BACK.INTERESTED OR WANT TO KNOW MORE? CALL Paul ON 08066344731 www.consumerinvests.com
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by israel007: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
[size=20pt]lip service.

they have been eating. they didn't fast NOTHING[/size]
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by mosho2good: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Next thing we go hear is dat GEJ fast and pray for ASUU srike to end.....

Click Like if u Agree with me......

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Not everything needs prayer. Please they should stop involving God in this. Rather they should curtail their greed and increase their kindness and love for the normal Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Symphony007: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why was'nt the immediate resolve of the ASUU strike part of the terms of demands the new PDP made to jonathan for them to rejoin the party? That would have been a more comendable and serious action rather than eye service prayer and fasting.

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2013

Oh I just LOVE this country!
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nomski0(f): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
Fast and pray ke? Nigeria is really getting sicker everyday. Instead of them to release the millions to our lecturers they're talking rubbish. Nonsense, in my next life if, God makes me a Nigerian.....e nor go funny.

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Chamber10(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
Tolexander: Wonder shall never end.

Exactly my thought. But on the fasting declared, believe me they are not going to fast. They are just seeking attention and sympathy from the masses.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by mcdokwe(m): 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
appeal to sentiments
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by PStacks(m): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard in over 25 years.. Fast and Pray..

Religion is the final straw that would break the camels back in this country..

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Dibangoking(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lwkmd,....in Hindu...These Folks really know how to mock Nigerians...Their sarcasm on point
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by endlessAli: 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
new PDP on my foot, you people eatn Nigeria moni alone and ur childrens r studyn outside d country
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Madamspeaker(f): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
...jst like a barren woman tellin a woman dat lost 1 of her children, 'u will giv birth again'...
....PDP put ur house in order first b4 u help d nation settle her problem....i really think PDP needs a 40 day dry fast sef....
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by ecolime(m): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nothing suprises me again in this country. I wonder what all these greedy and wicked rulers take Nigerians for. God will judge them all.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by ayusco85(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
@OP. its ASUU not ASSU. Pls mods change d spelling. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
These guys must really believe nigerians remain fools, suffering makes people smarter, nigerians re smarter dam usin religion to inspire sentiments mow. Jeez smh for this politicians with blurred knowledge of the people they re dealing with.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by anytexy: 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
not worth comenting.....smh
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
The spelling of ASUU on front page is wrong.....

Mods pls change it from ASSU to ASUU.

Thanks.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by bionicdude(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
wat else do u expect from nigerian politicians dan sum kind of sick rubbish dat will always cum out of their deceitful mouths
Re: Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved by roxell120(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
eGuerrilla:

grin
they will kneel down to pray hypocritically with their hearts on mt killimanjero.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Over 1,000 Ghost Workers Uncovered In Niger State - Brainnews / What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani / Gombe Government Bans Underaged, Migrating Herders Until January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.