Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (14625 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by debouy: 2:43pm On May 26, 2008
Hi guys.Please can anyone advise on how to book appointment at the s.a high commison for student visa? what docs do i have to provide? thanks as usual guys
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 26, 2008
Right now with all that's going on in SA, going there would not be one of my options

But good luck though smiley
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by beystwin: 4:06pm On May 26, 2008
life don tire some people!
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by AKO1(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2008
Search online. Meanwhile, these are some of the things you'll need:

ORIGINAL letter of admission from school

Covering letter from sponsor or bank statement of sponsor (preferrably both)

Proof of payment of fees

Proof of accommodation arrangement

Medical insurance from a South African institution

83,000 repartriation fees, refunded on completion of studies

Police character certificate

Medical certificate not older than six months old

Birth certificate

Passport, duh?! wink

Youre advised to apply early. Be ready to willingly patronise touts to secure your entry into the embassy.

Good luck.
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by debouy: 9:00am On May 28, 2008
Thanks A_K_O, I was there yesterday and boy what a huge crowd that i met there!
It was written that student visa cases are only dealt with every Thirsdays.So i hope to go there next thursday.Do u know anyone who can get me inside the embassy?
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by AKO1(m): 9:21pm On May 28, 2008
No.
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by debouy: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2008
hi,
I intend to apply for my south african study permit next week's thursday, The school resumes july 20th 2008.Will this be feasible?Here are d list of gathered docs that will be submitting
1.admission letter from the uni .
2.proof of payment of one year full tuition fee
3.proof of accomodation payment for on-campus accomodation(3months upfront)
4.payment of 6months medical insurance
5.letter from sponsor and sponsor's bank statement
6.police certifcate
7.sworn afiidavits that i will return upon completion of studies
8.payment for repartriation fees.( i have been told its N110,000) is this correct?
9.My educational docs

Are there any other docs to be included as these are d requirements for securing a study permit for SA.

How soon will be issued d visa bearing in mind that i have to travel by July 19th,

Thanks Guys
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by uju18no(f): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2010
gud morning people,hw was ur week?
can any1 advice a sista applying for student visa to a south african university
the process involved.
i honestly dnt knw where to start
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by suxes2005(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2010
Get to the embassy very early or go a day before and u'll see guys who will
help u book no 1-3 spot for 5k

as per d docus, talk to ur school
i'm sure dey'l help or rather go to
the embassy for more infos

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by niceguy10: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2010
SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH AFRICA, you guys must have it in mind that Life here is HardCore.
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by suxes2005(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2010
nice-guy
so wat are u still doin dia then?
If life aint easy den come home

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by ikennahill: 3:37am On Jan 25, 2011
well you dont need to pay any tout

get the documents needed if you go through the thread you will see them already mentioned

I advice that if you like orderliness go to Abuja embassy of south africa

On getting there they will check your documents and tell you to go and pay the visa processing fee of 8.6k @ one diamond bank (bank charges not included,on paying this t you come back 24hrs after paying to present teller and you will be given date for interview,
on the day of interview you will come with all original documents requested with their photocopies.
After the interview if they view you successful they will tell you to go and pay the repatriation fee ,110k (bank charges not included in this,u will still pay like 7k for bank charges)

you come 24 hrs after to get your receipt and you will be told the day to come and pick your passport.

This is the normal route however every embassy have the power to change the way they do thing on group of people or individual.
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by AKO1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2011
ikennahill:

well you dont need to pay any tout

get the documents needed if you go through the thread you will see them already mentioned

I advice that if you like orderliness go to Abuja embassy of south africa

On getting there they will check your documents and tell you to go and pay the visa processing fee of 8.6k @ one diamond bank (bank charges not included,on paying this t you come back 24hrs after paying to present teller and you will be given date for interview,
on the day of interview you will come with all original documents requested with their photocopies.
After the interview if they view you successful they will tell you to go and pay the repatriation fee ,110k (bank charges not included in this,u will still pay like 7k for bank charges)

you come 24 hrs after to get your receipt and you will be told the day to come and pick your passport.

This is the normal route however every embassy have the power to change the way they do thing on group of people or individual.

When I tried to go there a few years back I was told that they only deal with people that live in Northern Nigeria. Does this rule still apply?
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by ikennahill: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2011
no it does not apply at all,may be they changed it too.but they now use this agency UK use .You will get ur passport via DHL and u will not see the embassy,just the agent. this is not Good because u might need to explain some things to the embassy staff if need be,but this will not happen with the agency.Good luck
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by bootchef: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hi guys,
Pls my cooking training will start by fabruary 20013,
I just want to go and book for appointment 2moro in lagos embassy.but I bing to sa be4.
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by wagab(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Hi please ℓ̊ want t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ know ђã†‎​ arε Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ document someone travelling for Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ first arε going t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ provide ?ãήϑ ђã†‎​ arε Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ process.
Re: How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos by justwise(m): 10:21am On Mar 17, 2013

(1)

Surviving Airlines Are Only Doing National Service Due To Govt Policies – Arik / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate About Travelling Abroad? / Five Ways To Avoid Being Robbed In Lagos This Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.