Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,456 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister (20075 Views)

UPDATED: How To WRECK Nairabet And Other BOOKMAKERS Every Week Betting On Sports / Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison / Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2013
Abuja - A meeting between Sports Minister Bolaji Abdullahi and cruiserweight boxer Bash Ali ended abruptly on Tuesday in Abuja with both sides giving contrasting views of what had happened.

The meeting was earlier said to be a courtesy visit to Abdullahi by Ali on the proposed historical fight.
Officials at the minister’s office at the National Sports Commission (NSC) had earlier said Ali was expected to apologise to the minister during the meeting.

But Ali had walked out of the meeting after about 15 minutes.

He later told newsmen that while he was there to apologise to the minister if he had offended him but he felt he was being interrogated.

The boxer said the minister refused to co-operate with him on the boxing fight which would have created employment for athletes.

“Nigeria is bigger than all of us. We have a big fight to do that will bring about employment and provide an avenue for athletes to exhibit their talents. But, unfortunately, the minister refused to co-operate with me.

“We discussed for 15 minutes and I told him if I have done anything in the course of trying to bring the historical event to Nigeria which has offended him, I am very sorry,’’ he said.

According to him, “the minister went on and wanted to do more interrogation and I told him this was not the appropriate time for allegations and I walked out.’’

However, the minister’s Special Assistant on Media, Julius Ogunro, while responding to inquiries on the issue, said Ali had apologised to the minister at the meeting.

He also confirmed that the event ended in a deadlock, saying the minister had asked Ali to tell him (Abdullahi) if he ever asked him for money.

The minister’s aide said Ali could not respond to the question and the development had ended the meeting.

“The meeting ended in a deadlock because, after he apologised to the minister that he was sorry, the minister asked him whether he (Abdullahi) asked him for money. But Bash (Ali) could not respond.

“And the minister said if he (Ali) was not willing to tell the whole world that he did not ask for bribe he would not have a meeting with him,” he said

Ogunro said even though the Nigerian government does not sponsor professional sports, but the sports minister had wanted to help Ali out.

“He will go out of his way to do that, which is a privilege and not a right,’’ he said.(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/bash-ali-walks-out-on-sports-minister/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 24, 2013
Bash Ali should go & enjoy his retirement & quit embarrassing himself, now he's been accused of demanding bribe.. Just few months ago, we was dragged on the floor by the minister's dogs
Its this same Bash Ali that went to Libya 'Cap in hand' to meet the late Ghadaffi begging for money to host his bout, na God say he no go die for that uprising...
Oga u don try, call it a day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Gwekzy: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wat is dis?
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by plainmirror(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
what should b my comment on dis?
2nd to comment grin
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by swstest(f): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wow! Xo xcitd 2post. 4th 2 comment. Hy guys. *winks*
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Indifferent(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
I think it is better to walk out than to bash somebody's face

3 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by ichommy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
No be Bolaji?
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by picaro(f): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ogbeche77: Bash Ali should go & enjoy his retirement & quit embarrassing himself, now he's been accused of demanding bribe.. Just few months ago, we was dragged on the floor by the minister's dogs
Its this same Bash Ali that went to Libya 'Cap in hand' to meet the late Ghadaffi begging for money to host his bout, na God say he no go die for that uprising...
Shut up dia! Bash is a legend. (Look it up in the dictionary). Who says hes begging for money? If ur country is not a useless one, he will on his own have sponsored the fight. rather than have small children embarrass him, its better he walked out.

14 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Seems like there is a whole chunk of this story that is missing.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by ninja4life(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dis bash ali wants them to bash him wella in other to prove his name,or wtf can i make out of dis jargons
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by moscobabs(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
That Rude!!!The Minister suppose to Slap him
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
swstest: Wow! Xo xcitd 2post. 2nd 2 comment. Hy guys. *winks*
I'm guessing you are virus. Cos I'm shocked that someone who has pass through the 4 walls of a school ll be running from thread to thread typing first to comment crap

7 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by sanklose: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hmmmn bash Ali nd his mumu pride....he tink say na ring him dey?

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by picaro(f): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
moscobabs: That Rude!!!The Minister suppose to Slap him
while im supposed to slap you for mouthing such nonsense. whats rude? interrogating Bash? where was the minister when Bash was making his bones? Bash got to where he is through hard work, the minister through appointment. so who should bash who?

11 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by DICKtator: 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
Still wants to be the oldest boxing champion which isn't bad IMHO
Nigerian bureaucratic procedures has really frustrated him.
He can appeal to private organisations for sponsorship!!!
The Government hasn't forgotten about how a whole able-bodied like Samuel Peters left the shores of the country after all the celebrations to sleep on the floor of the ring like we do not have better beds in Nigeria after Kilschko sang him a lullaby!!!
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by DICKtator: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
swstest: Wow! Xo xcitd 2post. 4th 2 comment. Hy guys. *winks*

oh gosh!!!!
i prefer the garri crew!!!!. This balderdash needs to stop.
Shouldn't you be sucking *BANNED* ?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by WildChild00(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
picaro: while im supposed to slap you for mouthing such nonsense. whats rude? interrogating Bash? where was the minister when Bash was making his bones? Bash got to where he is through hard work, the minister through appointment. so who should bash who?

Na u be Bash Ali wife? Tell him Bendel insurance is no more working again is boxing ooooh.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
picaro:
Shut up dia! Bash is a legend. (Look it up in the dictionary). Who says hes begging for money? If ur country is not a useless one, he will on his own have sponsored the fight. rather than have small children embarrass him, its better he walked out.
better crawl back to your hole.. If u are so desperate about watching a bout between Ali & a homeless Lebanese, you can ring him up to sponsor..
He won't be hosting a sham fight with the tax payers money

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
If Ali refuse to answered d minister when asked if he has ask for bribe from him(Ali ) know it d minister has taken bribe from him b4 .They don't know anything about sports,they wouldn't leave that office for young nigerians that knows sports to manage.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oooooohhh tel me beta tin nah
*anywayzzz,2maro z ma betdy...#hmmmmm,filin lyk a new born#
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by swstest(f): 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Ogbeche d worst u cld do is 2go hug a trans4ma n d least is Nth. *wateva* d main tyn hia is..'u cnt interrupt my funnnn'.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by kzokul(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
I don't understand
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Welder(m): 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
I really dont understand the whole issue between Bash and the Minister, while i find it strange that Bash Ali apologised for any offence or embarassment he may have caused the honorable even though Bash was the one that was dragged and shoved out like a criminal. Is Bash Ali himself not deserving of some apology from the minister, why is the minister demanding for answers to specific questions when he equally has answers to provide.

Who is the aide that says its a privilege and not a right for government to sponsor sporting events, what nonsense. I think we need to define the job of our sport officials, this whole episode is sickening and requires thorough scrutiny......

4 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by kingthreat(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ogbeche77: Bash Ali should go & enjoy his retirement & quit embarrassing himself, now he's been accused of demanding bribe.. Just few months ago, we was dragged on the floor by the minister's dogs

Bros, you make sense. Bash Ali, you can't force people to do what they have lil interest in doing. It's like submitting a proposal and the sponsors are not interested. It is not by force for them to accept it. Enjoy retirement.
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by ddeola: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
moscobabs: That Rude!!!The Minister suppose to Slap him
grin grin grin grin grin

See U, dem go pick all d minista teeth for ground, U no even no anythng

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by kaycrystal(m): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
If bash cud go to libya riskin his life, walkin out on d minister is def not a way fwd here! Where d heck are his promoters sef? Dis is gettin really absurd o.
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by kzokul(m): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
I don't understand!!
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
DICKtator:

oh gosh!!!!
i prefer the garri crew!!!!. This balderdash needs to stop.
Shouldn't you be sucking *BANNED* ?
grin grin grin grin

Seriously!
Caracta made a funny comment recently about how they should be given toys!
Childish rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by swstest(f): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wateva
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by U235weapongrade: 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
swstest: Wow! Xo xcitd 2post. 4th 2 comment. Hy guys. *winks*

Hey, I can C ur rily having fun posting on all topics....Welcome to NL....WERE POSTING IS FREE...
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by naptu2: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Anyone who is considering sponsoring this fight should go and find out from President Obasanjo why he pulled out of sponsoring the fight.
Re: Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister by Maxymilliano(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ogbeche77:
“And the minister said if he (Ali) was not willing to tell the whole world that he did not ask for bribe he would not have a meeting with him,” he said

Why is Bash afraid of answering the one million dollar question posed to him? Afterall he've been going about telling who ever care to listen that Orubebe and some persons in the sport ministry demanded a cut for the fight to be approved ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rio Ferdinand: This 60 Mins Have Sent Me To The Emmergency Ward / Ogenyi Onazi Signs New Contract Worth €700k Per Year At Lazio: Is This Slavery? / NFF President Aminu Maigari Arrested by SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.