Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) (13717 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Meet Kemi Adeosun - New Minister Of Finance / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by spicyhoney(f): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
Congratulations to him. I am sure he was uncomfortable with the dirty politics played in the Nigerian government as he is a man of integrity, well learned and has an unbiased disposition towards everything.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by ballabriggs: 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This further confirms how RICH GEJ's cabinet is. Even multinational agencies are harvesting from the cabinet.

Bla bla bla as if those that came before him filled their cabinet with dullards. We have always had bright minds with brilliant CVs as Ministers so it is nothing new.

When you have bright cabinet members and you have a dimdum like Jona as head of cabinet, of what use is that.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Aromas: 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wow!!! What a nice move. By Ali Pate leaving minister position 4 Professor in University. May Allah guard n be with you. Pls just continue representing Nigeria over their. Goodluck.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by armadeo(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This further confirms how RICH GEJ's cabinet is. Even multinational agencies are harvesting from the cabinet.

i really doubt ur sanity.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by obimyman(m): 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dats very gud news!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by dady12: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
there is need to set up a commitee to investigate why this man leave all this billions for america
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by dainvincible(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nice move, wish u well in ur new level.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by moscovite7(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
It`s commendable move.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by EmperorSeal(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
sleek pro: He is not pleased with what is going on in the ministry! Good for him.

Just remembered, it's my first time to coment!
Mtcheeeew! Who cares by the way?
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by agbalej(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Somebody should please stop this brain-drain!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by vinny1276: 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
palugy colina: when will the minister for state on education resign so he can give more orientation to his group of cult boys in rivers state..

Guy resign ehhh....resign

Resign my foot. Ogbuefi Wike will rather lick the boot of Oga Jona than resign his appointment.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by ch4okechi(m): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
ok
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by eio2013: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Olodo! U must b a member of the sinking ship
magaliyu: CONGRATS and nice moves,
Atleast the ship will not sink with him.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thank you for your contribution to Nigeria in general and to this administration in particular. Wishing the very best in your next port of call
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nice one! Onyebuchi Chukwu should also resign and give way for Dora akunyili, cos we don't know what he has achieved so far. In the same vein, Orubebe should give way for Nyesom Wike as minister of Niger-delta.
We use this medium to call for the abolition of ministers of state.

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by iaindabawa(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
So Mr.Umar Pate prefer to challenge himself than become a pen robber.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Jankoller(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Good one Prof, go in peace.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by sigmundfreud(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
zeen nurei: In his resignation letter dated July 22 and addressed to Mr. Jonathan, the minister said he was leaving the cabinet to take up the position of Professor in Duke University’s Global Health Institute, USA.

He said in this new capacity, he would participate in a university-wide Africa initiative and will also serve as Senior Adviser to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC.
...so minister of health don port go Obodo Oyinbo land?! Me dey here dey expect say e go better!
Oya, i wan port oooo!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Ayatullah(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
magaliyu: CONGRATS and nice moves,
Atleast the ship will not sink with him.

Are you praying our Ship should sink? Do you know the implication of your statement? Wish your Nation well magaliyu.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by nkpommpko(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
I don't blame him, he is leaving for aa more organized society,this place is a mess
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by 2winxcom(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Congrts Dr. Pate even as the ED\CEO of NPHCDA you left an enduring legacy. Go make nigeria proud
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by free2ryhme: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
I am highly elated for your elevation to an international recognized Institute and Foundation. This clearly shows that in Nigeria, there are academically and professional bright heads. More grease to your elbow, Dr. Pate.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by since1914(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
2winx.com:
Congrts Dr. Pate even as the ED\CEO of NPHCDA you left an enduring legacy. Go make nigeria proud

Yes you are right. I don't know him personally but have followed his work from his days at NPHCDA. He looks and sound every inch a gentleman.

By the way, I think its high time Nigerian Medical professionals show more interest in core medical research work instead of all angling to get into government.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by sonymerlot: 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
But, what are the duties and responsibilities of a Minister of State

We already have a Minister for Health (at the federal level right?)
Minister of State is also at the federal level right?
So Why do we have two people obviously doing the same thing at the same Federal level??

Anybody in the house can educate me please!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by AnanseK(m): 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
s3nn2x: Congrats to him. But on a serious note, I don't think he was even relevant in this administration. I still wonder why we have Ministers of State in Nigeria, they are just rubber stamp. I believe he made a very good move, at least I know of Onyebuchi Chukwu, bu the only time I remember hearing this guy's name was was during Ministerial nomination and screening.

Sorry you are obviously not interested in Nigeria health matters . Pâté had been very central even before he became a minister of state.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by 1k001(m): 12:06am On Jul 25, 2013
Sad to hear of his resignation, heard him speak at a meeting a few years ago and met him personally while he was head of NPHCDA. He is a strong believer in the Nigeria project and moved back to from the US to help improve the health system. I hope the structure of the Nigerian system isn't what drove him away. If it is, it doesn't bode well for other health professionals attempting to return because Dr Pate had a real passion for Nigeria. Great loss to us!
Here's wishing him all the best in his position at Duke.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by IGBOSON1: 12:24am On Jul 25, 2013
henrysam:
Boko haram na ur ship go sink.

^^^You meant to say 'Camel go sink inside sand dune'......remember say ship no dey for desert!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 25, 2013
?
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 25, 2013
mu2sa2: Waiting for the first tribal bigot to post "aboki"!

*pokes head out of window*
*looks left and right and left again*
* shouts ABOKI*
*pokes head back in and picks race*
grin
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by mensdept: 2:39am On Jul 25, 2013
sony.merlot:
But, what are the duties and responsibilities of a Minister of State

We already have a Minister for Health (at the federal level right?)
Minister of State is also at the federal level right?
So Why do we have two people obviously doing the same thing at the same Federal level??

Anybody in the house can educate me please!

This is because the entire structure of our government is messed up. They want to put someone from all the states in ministerial positions by force, states that were created, not by the people, but illegal military THUGS. There's no reason to have this, and frankly, no reason to even have all these useless states in the first place.

As for the resignation, even though I dont blame the minister, it just shows once again, that being a Nigerian at the end of the current day and age, is becoming useless. People are lining up to go abroad to give birth for American Pali, for medical checkup (like David Mark our military "Senate President"wink, and on and on.

Too Bad
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by nameo: 3:56am On Jul 25, 2013
This for some of the few persons who have commented fooolishly on this. Read carefully:

The Minister of State for Health, Muhammed Pate, has resigned from his position.
Mr. Pate announced his resignation in a later dated July 22 and sent to President Goodluck Jonathan. Mr. Jonathan has also accepted the resignation which takes effect from Wednesday.
In the letter, Mr. Pate said he was resigning to take up the position of Professor in Duke University’s Global Health Institute, in the U.S.
He said in this new capacity, he would serve as Senior Adviser to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC and also participate in a university-wide Africa initiative.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation plays a major role in Nigeria and other African countries in the fight against major disease like Polio.
Mr. Pate, who is currently the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Polio Eradication, however, said he was willing to restate this position on a part time basis; as well his position as head of the Saving One Million Lives Initiative. The president accepted both recommendations.
“As we have discussed, I wish to offer the continuation of my service on part-time basis as chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Polio Eradication and the public-private coalition for Saving One Million Lives Initiative, if you agree, in fulfilment of my previous commitments to see to conclusion of these important national priorities. This may entail an honorary advisory role reporting directly to you progress at least on quarterly basis,” he wrote.

President Jonathan’s spokesman, Reuben Abati, while speaking on the resignation, said Mr. Jonathan was highly elated that members of his cabinet were attracting required global attention.
Mr. Abati said the president saw Mr. Pate’s appointment as a plus for the administration and the country. He said President Jonathan commended Mr. Pate for his successful performance first as the Chief Executive of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency; and later as a minister.
The spokesman recalled that another cabinet member, the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was one of those shortlisted for the position of the World Bank’s President last year.
“The cabinet is full of very distinguished men and women; people with not only national but also international recognition.
“The President congratulated the minister and accepted his offer to continue to serve on a part-time basis as honourary adviser.
“It is a positive development that we have people who are recognised globally. His appointment a plus for the administration and the country,” Mr. Abati said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141564-breaking-health-minister-pate-resigns.html
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by nameo: 4:00am On Jul 25, 2013
NMA lauds Pate, tasks Jonathan on replacement

Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, has lauded the voluntary resignation of Minister of State for Health, Dr. Muhammed Pate, over his appointment as a Professor in Duke University’s Global Health Institute, USA, and as Senior Adviser to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC.
The association has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to appoint a fit, proper, competent and capable replacement of the ilk of Dr. Pate as the next Minister of State for Health.
A statement by the President of the association, Dr. Osahon Enabulele, said: “While NMA rejoices with him over this appointment, NMA is, however, pained that this came at a time when Nigeria’s health sector is already beginning to show signs of progress from his purposeful leadership and that of the Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu.”
The statement added that NMA was consoled by the fact that Pate excellently epitomised the leadership attributes and qualities of medical practitioners by exhibiting commendable altruistic and selfless leadership, integrity, clarity of purpose, knowledge, capacity and competence in the execution of his responsibilities as Minister of State for Health.

It said: “The Association wishes Dr Mohammed Pate success in his new appointment and calls on President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to appoint a fit, proper, competent and capable replacement of the ilk of Dr. Mohammed Pate.
“Not one below his level of training and expertise, experience, administrative competence and far-reaching practical understanding of the structure and workings of the Nigerian Health sector as the new Minister of State for Health to compliment the on-going efforts at actualising the transformation agenda of Mr. President in the health sector.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/fg-commends-son-as-it-launches-local-social-responsibility-practices/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex / PIB: South South Lawmakers Criticized / #fixthenass; Nigerians React To The House Of Rep Saga99reactions On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.