Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex (13760 Views)

Armed Men In Military Camouflage Besiege Oyo State Govt Secretariat (photos) / EndSARS Protesters Besiege National Assembly / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cattle In Front Of National Assembly Complex, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by dre11(m): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2019
Abuja – The lobby of the National Assembly complex was on Thursday jammed with thousands of job seekers who thronged the legislative building to secure employment with newly inaugurated lawmakers.

Majority of the job seekers were those whose employment just ended with the dissolution of the 8th Assembly last week Thursday.

The Nigerians who came from all parts of the country were a mixture of both former legislative aides, senior legislative aides and secretaries to former lawmakers in the House and the Senate.

The sheer number overwhelmed the Assembly security personnel who attempted to close doors leading to lawmakers’ offices against the loitering unemployed Nigerians.

It has become a usual sight every four years, especially for those not lucky enough to have their bosses re-elected back to the National Assembly.

The rules of both chambers provide that each lawmaker is entitled to at least five aides in Abuja and their constituency offices.

The practice is that all aides employed by lawmakers are captured in the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) data base from where their remunerations are paid.

However, Nigerian lawmakers have over the years devised means of subverting the process by electing to pay the aides from their pockets, salaries far lower than what is approved by the NASC.

The aides so employed are taken advantage of as less than half of what is due to them is paid at the end of every month.

Some lawmakers have been alleged to have forced their Abuja-based aides to share their salaries with those in their constituency offices while the lawmakers pocketed what was meant to service the constituency-based aides.

A senior legislative aide (SLA) (consolidated) is entitled to earn between N500,000 and N600,000 monthly, including allowances, while a legislative aide (LA) is entitled to earn between N250,000 and N300,000, including allowances.

But some lawmakers have perfected the art of short-changing them for their relations and children whose names are sent to the NASC for appointment letters.

However, different persons are called to sign for the letters and do documentation posing as the real bearers of names on the appointment letters.

In the end, monies paid into bank accounts submitted by the lawmakers as belonging to their real bearers of the letters would be taken with as little as 40,000 or 50,000 or N60,000 paid to the ones who do the actual work of legislative aides.

Some of the job seekers who spoke to Daily Independent said they found themselves in the situation every four years due to crippling unemployment in the country.

https://www.independent.ng/job-seekers-besiege-national-assembly-complex/

3 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by SadiqBabaSani: 7:15am On Jun 14, 2019
Wonderful country

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Junkie1: 7:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by dipopooo(m): 7:20am On Jun 14, 2019
What exactly has PMB done successfully since 2015?

No steady power supply
Insecurity
Unemployment
Corruption level still high
Etc

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by owem19(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2019
Una neva chi chum chim grin

5 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by landforeast(m): 7:24am On Jun 14, 2019
OK
Nigeria my country
Government should do something about the unemployment rate in the country because it is always directly proportional to the crime rate in the society.

3 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by bigerboy200: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2019
See as Nigeria’s money is being wasted.
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by saraki2019(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2019
Why the need for these aides?
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by faithfull18(f): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria, this country's brand of greed and wickedness is something else.

5 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by erhabor11(m): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2019
Wonderful. This is Nigeria. Where you are never satisfied with what you have.

6 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2019
So those that don't have access to NA would remain unemployed
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by eben401: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2019
how can a law making body take advantage of the under employment in the Country. instead of making laws to protect its citizens, most of this law maker short change her own very citizens they were elected to make life better. what an irony.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by AUTHORITTY(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2019
I AM STILL LEARNING!
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Magnifico2000: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2019
Good morning nlders. Abeg make una help me. I don find work Taya, no headway

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by xtophy1(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2019
Please, i'm a graduate of Electrical Engineering(2.1). I am into solar system and CCTV installation. I am in dire need of a job anywhere in Abuja. I stay in Gwarimpa, Abuja. Please help, I'm tired of sitting at home for long now. Please, help a soul

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by mrgreen4real(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2019
Wicked politicians.
I repeat, very very wicked politicians.

After all the juicy packages they take home with, they still device means of stealing from their workers. Stealing of the highest order.

ordinary thief is burnt to death while political thief is hailed every day.

Nigeria will never get better (not a curse but a fact) until we start attacking every politician. Revolution is the only option.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by nrexzy: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2019
Buh Dem Dey break naaaa
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by argon500: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2019
Better oo.

The Senators were quick to adjourned plenary cos they want to arrange their welfare package first before anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by GOFRONT(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2019
angry

Nigeria has the highest paid Legislators representing the poorest people of the world...

6 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by rusher14: 7:40am On Jun 14, 2019
dipopooo:

No steady power supply
Insecurity
Unemployment
Etc

Read damnit.
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by rusher14: 7:46am On Jun 14, 2019
saraki2019:
Why the need for these aides?

Someone has to draft his speech, note or publication.

He can't be in 2 places at one time and sometimes its necessary he is.

Someone has to take care of his wares, his home front, and his guests.

When it's time to receive bribes, sometimes he'll prefer his aide have the exposure as he can deny participating if things were to go wrong.

The list goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:48am On Jun 14, 2019
The evil ones

It shall never be well with the parents of the person that cursed Nigeria as a whole grin

From north to south to east to west Nigeria is under curse please let’s pray
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by dheaven: 7:48am On Jun 14, 2019
The law makers not practicing this before will learn the trick.
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Reference(m): 7:49am On Jun 14, 2019
mrgreen4real:
Wicked politicians.
I repeat, very very wicked politicians.

After all the juicy packages they take home with, they still device means of stealing from their workers. Stealing of the highest order.

ordinary thief is burnt to death while political thief is hailed every day.

Nigeria will never get better (not a curse but a fact) until we start attacking every politician. Revolution is the only option.

Well we have a new government in place and the ruling party having all the cards. Let us see what the change agenda is all about.
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 14, 2019
few group of people sleeping on chairs

earning in a year what profs and doctors might not see in decades

and some people are expecting change cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by jago2016(m): 7:56am On Jun 14, 2019
Who will make the change in this country, lawmakers are scammers too, The worst thing that ever happened to me is being born into this county

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by EazyMoh(m): 8:00am On Jun 14, 2019
eben401:
how can a law making body take advantage of the under employment in the Country. instead of making laws to protect its citizens, most of this law maker short change her own very citizens they were elected to make life better. what an irony.
They shortchange and even under pay their own blood relatives. The only people they care about are their wives and kids, and of course mistresses.

4 Likes

Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by Ugosample(m): 8:02am On Jun 14, 2019
faithfull18:
Nigeria, this country's brand of greed and wickedness is something else.

I tell you
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by BigBashiru: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2019
dipopooo:

No steady power supply
Insecurity
Unemployment
Etc

This is because the black race is cursed. Glaring example the Senate approved Electoral Act 2018 that allowed for e voting but president didn't sign something obviously progressive. This is because Nigerians are cursed spiritually that's why the president is always taking regressive decisions and acting cursed. Same with the citizens of this country - the average Nigerian is crazy. So I dare say Buhari hasn't performed becos the black race is cursed spiritually (Genesis 9 and Genesis 10; psalm 78, Psalm 105 - Egypt is referred to as Land of Ham).

This curse is also responsible for the slave trade, ibbs annulment of June 12 elections and cultism in universities. Noah cursed his son (Canaan/Ham) from which Africa descended.

The curse can only be proken by believing in Jesus Christ the Son of God, His finished work on Calvary's cross. Break the curse today!

My opinions though.
Re: Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex by jadeliyi(m): 8:10am On Jun 14, 2019
chai some will still blame buhari for this, is buhari some of the lawmaker or did he have right to their salaries nigerians i hail thee.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Changes From 'Aso Rock' To 'NigeriaGov' On Twitter (Photos) / Sagay: Hold Buni, Akpanudoedehe Responsible If APC Loses 2023 Presidential Poll / Live Results From The Labour Party Situation Room As At 8am Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.