Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic (32802 Views)

El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State / Photo Of The Day : Nigerian Police Officers Pushing Their Van In Traffic / Fashola Provides Skill Training For Hawkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by nerodenero: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
question: Oga Fash, hawkers risking their lives on traffic selling pure water is not a commendable skill. It is a disguised suicide mission.

It cant be said better than the way you put it and again for the hawkers 'you no suffer,you say you wise,then,who be your master.Poverty will make one discover skills by all means.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by emiye(m): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
P.Stacks:

You shouldn't talk like that..
Population is not a curse
Population is a Blessing.

In China, Population is strength. Strength to power industries, strenght to power growth.. That is why Nigeria can run to china today to take a loan, because china has used her manpower to have much external reserves such that its enough and they can even lend out, with our crude oil in Nigeria and manpower we still borrow to finance capital projects, our Reserves are dwindling everyday.. Come on men! Population is strength..

You are not getting her point, the problem is not mainly population, the problem is the poor households giving birth to more than enough mouth they can take care of.

Talking about population, it can alo be a curse if the rate of growth of development, industrialisation is not commensurate with the population growth. The china example you pointed out already have a one-child policy for a family, did you ever ask yourself why they've done that. We are in a nation where social security is absent, it is important households especially poor ones give birth to few offsprings they can relatively take care of, it is self destruction and selfishness to give birth to what you cant adequately take care of, and burying your head in sand like an ostrich claiming "God will take care of them", attitude like this by selfish parents brings up child hawkers e.t.c
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by XavierSmiley: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
fresh_dude: People will see what they want to see. I'll tell you what I saw:
I saw Fashola say these people are skillful, that these skills are being misused, and that these skills were used in the pursuit of unsustainable businesses.

The focus should be on educating these people on what businesses are "sustainable" and less life-threatening, not statements aimed at condemning the observer of this trend.

May God bless u® brain! Ʊ speak my words... Very well said!
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by 3ace(m): 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sunday4ars: i have seen an hawker selling rain wipper,he sold it to us on the run and still fix both wippers...dat is d most amazing succide mission i have ever seen from a desperate hawker because i was in d bus.
pls,lagos govt shld tamper judgement wit mercy not to arrest dis poor ones for dey have no other means of survival. Mercy not Judgement!
But they are endangering their lives. I support taking them off the streets to the centre. Although, I don't support hot chase that could also endanger their lives.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by SwitnessA(m): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Imagine dat! Nd somebody will say Messi or Ronaldo get skills. grin
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by free2ryhme: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
redsun: One get to duff his/her hat for those guys.Hustling under high tension and dicing with death.

It is all they know,the alternative will be the gutters or armed robbery.Being successful in nigeria without the connections of political thieves,usurping clergies and official stealings is like a rose that grew from concrete.

talking about dicing with death

One hawker was killed by oncoming vehicle along berger leading to lagos ibadan expressway. I had to call the lagos state emergency number..

Lets be sincere hawking on the highway is never safe ....
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by delpee(f): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Some children are on the street because they have no choice while others just prefer or have gotten used to street life. I once did a research on street kids and learnt so much. Also we have a children rehab ministry in church. Some of the children picked from the streets eventually run away even though they are housed, fed and put in good schools or vocational centres to give them solid foundation. The one that really makes me happy is now in the university studying Mech. Eng. on scholarship. Truth is that not all street kids can be rehabilitated. Fashola is trying his best and is only saying that their ingenuity and skills can be better utilised for progress.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by XavierSmiley: 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
fresh_dude: People will see what they want to see. I'll tell you what I saw:
I saw Fashola say these people are skillful, that these skills are being misused, and that these skills were used in the pursuit of unsustainable businesses.

The focus should be on educating these people on what businesses are "sustainable" and less life-threatening, not statements aimed at condemning the observer of this trend.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by ooshinibos: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dear Editor..
I dreamt about Nigeria and the dream unfolded like this..

Nigeria has efficient roads, rail and air transport facilities and services. The road network has been significantly modernized in recent years with 147 km of motorways connecting the capital to adjacent cities and countries. The advent of the high-speed train link to Abuja and Major Nigerian cities has led to renovation of the city's railway station while a new passenger terminal at Abuja and Lagos Airport has recently been opened. There are plans to introduce trams in the capital and light-rail lines in adjacent areas within the next few years.
The telecommunications ,electricity and water engineering industry in Nigeria is liberalized and the electronic communications networks are significantly developed. Competition between the different operators is guaranteed by the legislative framework Paquet of the Government which transposes the AfricanTelecom Directives into Nigeria law.

CCTV has been installed in public areas to enhance security of its citizens and tourist
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by Revolva(m): 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
grin grin grin grin no mind fashola..sey no be naija he dey all his life...abi hawking dey new for him eyes
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by nduchucks: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
slim fit :

Let me make it a bit easier for you. We are trapped in a house with 100 people with lots of food to last you and I one week , if only you and I stop other people 100 from eating so that we can survive more days then I think the rest of the 98 are stupid if I'm wrong please correct me ?

Nna, if you and I are armed with loaded guns, vicious dogs, bombs and the like, while the remaining 98 are unarmed, I guarantee you say na only me and you go chop unless I kill you first. In that case na me biko.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by pheesayor(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
P.Stacks:

Don't talk like that.. People flock into lagos everyday from every part of the country where other state govt and federal govt has failed and heap their failure on Fashola a tiny small Lagos with over capacity of over 15million people.. Zimabawe where Mugabage wants to kill himself over is not upto the population ment for Fashola to handle. If for anything he's handling the Population of a country with Allocations of a State. Its not done anywhere in the world where 15 million would over stretch infrastructure built for not more than 5million..

Fashola is Really Trying but Water done pass Garri. I feel for him, I feel for the street hawkers I feel for Nigeria.. Koni Baje.
You have spoken well, well said.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by Alveez(m): 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
coastal queen: And what has he done to help them? Send LASMA guys to clear them off the road dead/alive. There was a day I saw some Lasma guys chasing a gala hawker just at the beiginning of third-mainland bridge, the guy jumped off the bridge to that open foot ball field. imagine the distance. I'm sure he sustained serious injuries. And Mr Fash is here hailing. Abeg make he close his mouth jori. yeye politician.

Hey guy ! Do U̶̲̥̅̊ have anything in d name of conscience at all? LASTMA chasing hawkers ? Are U̶̲̥̅̊ for real? Were d hawkers blocker highways or obstructing traffic flow or are they hawking facing one way? If U̶̲̥̅̊ have a grudge with d govt or the FASHOLA govt has demolished ur house dt U̶̲̥̅̊ erected on drainange say it rather than coming here to bombard us with brazen white lie. D govt. Of FASHOLA is trying though with its own obvios flaws expected of any human endeavors. But definitely not this ur own ill motivated trash U̶̲̥̅̊ at throwing around here . Get factual with issues not personal.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by seangy4konji: 12:18am On Jul 25, 2013
u will say a lot of things after 4 wraps of jumbo.fashola was just making jest of em cos he don high..its skill when u see people hawk and at the end of d day make 50 Naira gain.all d job weh dem deh use billions say dem provide?do they use it to employ 20 thousand people at a time?o boy?no deceive ur self ooo..i don finish school since 2008,i serve 2010 finish,one job i no see,abi i no do interview ni?i have brushed my laptop and going back to hustling. (my life was better wen i was living illegitimately as they all do)....you can only deceive your self.bleeped up country i live in as much as i love my country.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by seangy4konji: 12:20am On Jul 25, 2013
As water don pass all this garri now,na to use Captain Jack sparrow phrase which says??TAKE ALL YOU CAN AND GIVE NOTHING BACK!!!
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by Iceman296: 1:14am On Jul 25, 2013
owolabifunke14: your excellency, it wont be out of place if you offer them a job. they are nigerians like you sir.
Abi. Not All This his Sage Observations that Leads No where.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by adeboolusegun(m): 1:37am On Jul 25, 2013
When you marvel on smt,it shows the level of ur concern and cares...but if this shld go in vain thn empahtically speakin,der shld be no reason to marvel. So Gov fashola,I beliv u re much concern abt dis guys who runs up and down even competin wt buses and cars on an express all to put food on the table at nite, sir the way forward shld be stated and implemented as soon as possible.....thnks for the observation.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by babsomotde(m): 3:25am On Jul 25, 2013
I only pity them. Making tiny profits and at the same time, playing around Death Door. Get some penny or they die trying.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by judedwriter(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2013
Hmmmm... Once saw a hawker who ran so fast to sell his stuffs as if he was pursued by a lion! It is a clear reflection of the high level of poverty many youths struggle with in our land of plenty.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by akinalabi(m): 8:24am On Jul 25, 2013
redsun: Being successful in nigeria without the connections of political thieves,usurping clergies and official stealings is like a rose that grew from concrete.

That is a big fat lie.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by sunnyprof: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2013
Until corruption is being punished, it will remain our culture to steal 'govt money'.

What we call 'Corruption' here is like giving it a beautiful bridal name that can be tolerated. To me it is simply 'WICKEDNESS IN THE HIGH PLACES' because if the exhorbitant and inflated costs of social projects were taken and the basic Facilities were put in place, it will not matter much, but all the money is gone and nothing was done which was to be for the benefit of the Society - that is WICKEDNESS, ROBBERY AND INHUMAN.

For instance, Electricity was all we needed for some meaningful living, it has been acknowledged by all governments and trillions of money spent, but we still remain at the level of 1973 where we got 'light' 7 hours in 7days; yet nobody had gone to jail for 'eating' the money without doing his job. Rather, all the former MD,, GMs and Contractors of ECN, NEPA, PHCN are now our elderstatesmen and rolling in millions. You merely call that 'corruption'. That is WICKEDNESS joo!!
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by Azone: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I reckon some of those boys can give Usain Bolt a run for his money......and have the stamina and staying power to give Mo Farah a fright! Some of our fat wealthy thieving elite should help some of these poor kids for heavens sake!; it doesn't have to be that unless you have somebody that knows somebody, then you can't get a leg-up in life.

Oga, U have said it all. I see this guys daily, do u know what it takes to run everyday of the week under the sun... This guys are good athletes, they can run faster than some of the best in the world with proper training.

To chase after machine on bare foot under the sun, my brother, this money na wa o. They have various forms of diversion yet they know the car u are in, chasing and tracing ur car, while calculating change and running from Lastma.

I respect them Sha....
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by sirphil: 11:09am On Jul 25, 2013
Upon that suffering fash, they are still been maltreated by your kai boys. Any comment about that?
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by kolamilan(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
gboss4sure: Fashola's talk make sense, To hawk no easy
talking from experience !
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by josite: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
fashola should stop the talking. He should go and improve the skills of his workers in his ministry of lands where he refuses to appoint a commissioner .A ministry where you have to follow a file from table to table and where the civil servant will be watching tv and ask u to go look for the file they have signed out without working on same and if you dare complain ,all the workers descend on you. Enough of the good talks fashola.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by mikeapollo: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nonsense! Who is this heartless Fashola deceiving!

May be he is planning and thinking about how to start to use KAI to arrest those poor little kids and lock them inside ''Black Maria''....a vehicle that is meant for convited criminals.
Re: Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic by onitshaigbo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
emiye:

You are not getting her point, the problem is not mainly population, the problem is the poor households giving birth to more than enough mouth they can take care of.

Talking about population, it can alo be a curse if the rate of growth of development, industrialisation is not commensurate with the population growth. The china example you pointed out already have a one-child policy for a family, did you ever ask yourself why they've done that. We are in a nation where social security is absent, it is important households especially poor ones give birth to few offsprings they can relatively take care of, it is self destruction and selfishness to give birth to what you cant adequately take care of, and burying your head in sand like an ostrich claiming "God will take care of them", attitude like this by selfish parents brings up child hawkers e.t.c

I guess you don't believe in God, stranger. Because God has commanded us in His Holy Bible to "GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY" aka HAVING MANY CHILDREN. In God, there is abundance. Stop worshipping idols like money or science. Nothing is impossible to God, the Almighty One. The more children, the better we have fulfilled God's commandment and the more we will be connected to God. Stop only thinking in terms of physical, materialist perspectives like economics, but more on the spiritual aspects. In God there is abundance. Jesus explicitly tells us to not worry about how to survive.

Look, instead of worrying about how other people have too many children, maybe you should worry more about how to avoid spending eternity in hell for not accepting Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour and put all the trust in Him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC To Fayose: Joining Our Party Won’t Shield You From Prosecution / Lagos Task Force Serves Iganmu Under Bridge Squatters Removal Notice (Photos) / Angiama Community Residents Happy As Automobiles Arrive For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.