Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State (20654 Views)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by myselfonly: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
The Kaduna State Government on Tuesday banned any form of street begging and hawking in the state.

A statement signed by the media aide to the governor, Mr Samuel Aruwan in Kaduna, said the ban was with immediate effect.

The statement said that the order was to reinforce security in the state, following a suicide attack in Zaria, which claimed the lives of 25 people on Monday.

It emphasised that the ban on commercial motorcycle operation was still in force and government would deal decisively with offenders.

“All beggars and hawkers are to stay off the streets until further notice.

“Any beggar or hawker found on the streets will be arrested until these measures are relaxed,’’ it said.

The statement however, urged members of the public to report all suspicious persons and movements to the security agencies.

It also urged them to cooperate with security agencies in the protection of lives and property in the state. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/445320/boko-haram-el-rufai-bans-street-begging-hawking

11 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by ifeanyija(m): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by MuguliciousMUGU: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
Politicians eh!

That was what happened to one girl like, their conversation was like this:

nneka- baby, after we had sex, you stopped calling me, no sweet messages again, you stopped taking me to fast food joint, you even stopped sending money into my account? Why are you doing this?

John-- baby, have you seen a politician campaigning after winning election?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by wahles(m): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good cal#
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Mekybliss(f): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Alright
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by sinizia: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
I don't think it's a good move because it'd increase unemployment, economic hardship and other sufferings which might metamorphize into stealing by affected parties. This action is wrong IMHO.

What El-Rufai should do is to copy the Chadians and ban wearing of any type of Hijab TEMPORARILY for now till this bombing issues subsides. These new breed of female terrorist hides these locally-made bombs in their hijabs.

Banning hawking might not work since the bombers can go to market and other gatherings and bomb people.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok. Now that he has banned beggars, what measure have he put on place to house and support these beggars? Or he wants them to start feeding on airs and his urine.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by deebsman1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Our govt should designs programs to reduce poverty greatly in the society, thats the only way by which sanity can return to the nation. For decades, the ruling class and the government have left things aside, leaving them to deteriorate to this level, only now to be looking for a military solution which will never work, they should focus on people better living oriented programs and wahala and fitina go reduce greatly for 9ja

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by money121(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
nice move... but i don't thinks dis will stop this boko issue..
because want i can say about does boko haram... i think is a secret cult undecided undecided

Oh Allah please come and intervene dis is geting out of hand....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKhxUykOAv8&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by onyeguy: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
But why Muslim fighting against Muslim Anyway I S L A M B A D

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by yorke1: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
MUMU. What have they done all these years to impact on the lives of their people. The uneducated, backward and poorest people on earth comes from the north. And you say they should not beg. The thunder wey go fire Hell-Rufai and Daura Dulllard is drinking Kunu.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by berrystunn(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
I will they pass this information to the beggars and hawkers?

do they have union ?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by benedictjohn(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Rip To The Dead.
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by omanifrank(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by kobonaire(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Perhaps he knows better but I think there could be others things he could be doing like beefing up security, more check points, improved "under ground" surveillance of suspected areas where operations are planned or terrorists harboured etc.
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by eleojo23: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
He should rather come up with structures and ways to promote education among his people so that they can become more productive.
If it means empowering them by learning different trades, he should do that.
It is a more lasting and sustainable approach because he may not be able to keep the beggars off the streets for long especially when that is their only source of livelihood.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Beetroot: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
This man seems to have gotten busy.
We shall see

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please I just want to ask a simple question, when last did anyone here see el rufai tweet? I know that he love to tweet alot, or is it that because GEJ is no more in power, he no condemn FG again. Yeye people, all of u gang up to destroy GEJ administration, una no know say the word karma na real, una never chin chon tin.

Last bullet: why is Nigeria yet to elect new president since GEJ left the office for those shouting change? undecided thunder that will strike anyone that quote me wrongly eh, still dey collect instruction from those real armed robber that rob the ikorodu banks, not the dundee those police paraded o.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by CriticalThought: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
How is this going to be enforced?

The people begging and hawking know no other way of life, until his administration figures out how to tackle education and unemployment, his actions are just words on paper

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Dbboy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Stitch in time saves Nine.
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by jujutom(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wow!
Here pplz help a nairalander win this
vote for mi here https://instagram.com/p/41st6OLR3B/
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
We have just 2 govs for now..

Obiano and el rufai
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by opalu: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
RIP to the dead. Action Gov.
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Gwan2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by mirexxx(f): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
nice move
Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
If only the north had more responsible governors like this man. Not someone like Gov Shettima of Borno feeding his friends with 10million naira everyday because of ramadan.

The only 2 northerners for whom I can vouch are Nasir El Rufai and Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. We thank God for people like them.

I can't forget how Sanusi challenged the National assembly for consuming 25% of Nigeria's budget. I also remember that El Rufai was the first governor to start demolishing illegal buildings affecting the FCT masterplan.

We claim to be a democracy but we're using a military constitution and nobody wants to change it because it favours their mammonism.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by stepo707: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
sensible governor.By the time he is done with his 4years, kaduna will be restored to a befitting state.He only needs to sensitize the beggars now in their local language so they will be awre of the development.Hardtimes await beggars though lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by money121(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
onyeguy:
But why Muslim fight against Muslim Anyway I S L A M B A D

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by abdulwastecx(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
keyzid:
Ok. Now that he has banned beggars, what measure have he put on place to house and support these beggars? Or he wants them to start feeding on airs and his urine.

Begging is a disgrace to humanity, they should be ban for life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by olaopts: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good initiative!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State by DankemzI(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Why i always like this man is because he has the right solutions to the most difficult problems though i no kpadoo him height

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suzzette Nyesom-wike Donates Materials To Less-privileged Children / Police Arrest Immigration Officer, Abdullahi Usman Linked To Odili Home Invasion / Explosion Rocks Rivers Deputy-Governor's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.