Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled (34180 Views)

Poll: University students expelled for not carrying along their bibles to assembly! This:

Outrageous: 80% (226 votes)
Justified: 19% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Jeovy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
I think it was a little too harsh,a suspension could have been better.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by rotimy(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
If the story is confirmed, then NUC MUST CALL COVENANT UNIVERSTY TO ORDER!
We cannot be condemning the religious fanatics in the North then smile at bigots in the South! Let the truth be told, the University is turning to a Convent not Covenat. But even Rev. Fr Edeh that runs Catholic Madonna UNIVERSITY  will not descend so low!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by youngies(m): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
Is this school really a University? What is there school uniform like?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by ukoma(m): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
I believe the students should have complied to the school's regulation, it is not a big deal,
, many students will never fail to go out with knives and other weapons which are against the all schools' regulations,

but on the other hand, the school would have suspended them, that, would pass a message to all the students, unless other wise and such had been done severally.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2008
Whats Wrong with people.

Which Institution dosnt have rules and codes of conduct!

aaaaa!!!!!!!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
the university environment is supposed to groom you and make you responsible and ready for the challenges ahead, and this is what most of the private universities have failed to give, that is why most of them after graduation are still like babies, they don't think or act like adults, and even the knowledge they thing they are giving them, i think the public universities still got that, the fact that 20 students made a first class in one single class is rubbish, that cant happen in uniben anyday, but i tell you these first class can't compete with the 2-1 in that class.

abeg university should be university abeg, parents shld think about the future of their kids before sending them to these private schs, because they wont be there for them all their lives, one day they will have to stand up and take responsibility for themselves, for instance how can u say someone will go through university education without a girlfriend, abeg na f*%k up.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Seun(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Whats Wrong with people.

Which Institution dosnt have rules and codes of conduct!

aaaaa!!!!!!!
If the rules of an institution state that the boss is allowed to sleep with any employee,
and the employees sign it because they have no other option, does that make it right?

More importantly, students in a private institution of learning are not employees or slaves.
They are paying customers, and should be treated as such. With reverence.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by tall4real(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
I agree with vassilli, what generation of leaders, leaders who cannot be independent, cannot make decisions on their own until their HOUSE MASTERS OR HOUSE MISTRESSES so to say gives them a go ahead. Covenant University has its own good sides, their motives are okay but they go to the extreme to establish it. I am not saying that the students were justified but they could have given them counselling or something, expulsion is extreme. According to the story, even the school’s PRO could not call back to say what was going on. Now tell me is that Christian-like, he couldn’t pick up his phone because he did not want to be interrogated. People please let us reason, we have our own minds, covenant products have been so stereotyped to believe that the school can never go wrong, they have been brain washed so to say. If we are not careful this can be another form of COMMUNISM in a mini form. I too attend a private university, Ajayi Crowther University, owned by the Anglicans, I know what it feels like but my school does not take it to the extreme. And besides how many scandals have you heard coming out from Redeemers university or Bowen, it is always covenant and upon all their efizy they still did not enter the list of the best universities in west Africa, so what is the fuss all about.

One final thought-provoking question, are they really raising Christians or fanatics? Is the Bible impressed in the mind of the students? This students who only pretend in school and return to their real self when they get back to their respective house and I say once again so what is the fuss all about?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Ovamboland(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
I am a Christian too, but it's appalling; that is the practice at Covenant 'university'. The children are not allowed to develop naturally and make real choices. I hope they won't enter society completely unprepared for the shock they will defiantly receive. God knows how many of them can withstand those eventuality.

Jesus Christ never seized under compulsion our power to make a choice. I sincerely hope they are able to reach the hearts of those kids and not just make them follow rules ONLY while in the campus.

I've met wonderful and well brought up Covenant graduates, i have also met some who never go home after holidays but congregate to attend wild parties and clubs and generally do things that hardly cross my mind in my own days at a Federal , open university
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
the truth is that most of the students in this private universities couldnt pass jamb, and some are still being breast fed by their parents who want them to be where they wont grow up 4eva.

if na lie abeg give those 1st class jamb write till now, they cant pass it.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
beef o beef!!!!

ha haahahahaha

Give me JAMB!!!!!

i go tear am down!

Seun, so your Brother doesnt deserve his degree
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
nobody is beefing anybody, is just plain truth, i too can afford a private university, but i like to compete with the best at all times, i must confess i took jamb 3 times, all three times i was above 200,but never enough mark for accounting in uniben,till i got 280, before i got a place, thats competition, and thats me. and i was one of the best in my class but i didnt make a first class abeg.

the only time the had 5 first class students in accounting,the HOD GOT A QUERRY.that is why the school is still ontop,they have one of the best, and i choose to compete with the best rather than run to one stupid private sch and get a cheap degree to show off with an empty brain.

gemaine i will soon send jamb questions now, if u no take time.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2008
Simple Copy and paste you cannot succeed.

You are coming here to boast about 280 in JAMB

no one can verify , so pls

its GAMINE!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by simmy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
@gamine
its not your fault. dont worry
how can you know what a good university is like when u never went to one?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by youngies(m): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2008
I know that we 've had missionary schools in this country in the past that perhaps this Oyedapo guy and his likes passed through maybe even on scholarship. In those schools in those days, learning and character were the watch word.

The schools were run by nuns and priests, but by no means did they attempt to undermine the diginity and the effervescence of being a student by introducing some obnoxious rules and regulations and expect people to abide by it because the want education. CU is exploiting the deteriorating educational system in the country. What we have in CU is akin to religious bigotry and hypocrisy of the highest order.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Simple Copy and paste you cannot succeed.

You are coming here to boast about 280 in JAMB

no one can verify , so please

its GAMINE!

whats the big deal to copy and paste,anyway i didint want to quote any retard first class product from a glorified nursery sch, and pls no doubting the jamb score abeg, everyone knows that uniben will not take anything lower than 250 for any of its course,at least thats why u didint go there
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by toytoy1: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
@gamine
angry don't be stupid there,you talk like this because its not you in their place.and also i don't think its right for them to be expelled like that,even JESUS in his lifestyle never forced religion on anyone.[b]Not everyone that calls me Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those that do the will of my father in heaven.[/b]so expelling this kids because they did not bring there bibles to the assemble ground is very crazy of them.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2008
When you people stop yaning dust

i will know what to say to you.

for now, bye bye!

lolol hahahahhahah
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Blackcat(f): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2008
If God were to expel people from the face of the earth without giving them an opportunity to repent, I wonder who would still be living on this earth.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
Dont talk about what you dont know, Abeg.
No one was Expelled for just that!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by ifyalways(f): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
lol
the rules were laid down and no one was forced into going to that school,i presume  undecided If the students were expelled not too bad,they were Only trying to enforce a laid down rule. It doesnt  sound good to me but to them well,who knows  undecided They ought to know that its better to go to class without even a biro than to forget your BIBLE.Its their fault . . .being there,forgetting their Bible and the expulsion.lol their fault and their choice.
Seun:

They are paying customers, and should be treated as such. With reverence.
Bulls.so because they are paying they should go haywire?.Guys the rules were there even before induction,they should all stick their asses to the rules or get booted out !
Gamine:

Dont talk about what you don't know, Abeg.
No one was Expelled for just that!
intresting.Pray,do tell us  tongue
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

When you people stop yaning dust

i will know what to say to you.

for now, bye bye!

lolol hahahahhahah

not surprised, what can a 1st class retard, bla bla bla bla 1st class convenant my arse.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
abeg all these private schs self, they come up with bizzare rules, babcock says no eating meat through out the duration of your study, CU say no phones and now i just learnt u have to super glue your bible to your hands at all tmes, abeg does anyone know any other rules out of range in any of these schs, please post it i want to know them o.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by prizeless(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
i believe covenant university is for successful students who have made a covenant with success
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
Its Obvious this Smooooooth character is feeling 2nd class.

Dont hate, Appreciate! grin

@Ify.

i hate repeating myself, but
Those Expelled had previous offences which added up to this.

People without any offence were just warned.

Why will you leave your bible in your room when your going for a chapel service
especially when thats the only program you have for the day!!!
sometimes, we just cause issues for ourselves.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by lailai2(m): 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
thats harsh if its true the roomate had already locked the room. even if they had previouses offences, they might hav changed. u cant say 4 sure
thats bonkers, it could happen to anybody
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by youngies(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
smooooooth:

abeg all these private schs self, they come up with bizzare rules, babcock says no eating meat through out the duration of your study, CU say no phones and now i just learnt u have to super glue your bible to your hands at all tmes, abeg does anyone know any other rules out of range in any of these schs, please post it i want to know them o.

You are not supposed to have wet dreams in school grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2008
Yes, and it has happened to me several times.
ive gone for service without my bible for a number of reasons.

They say, does who have ears let them hear!
they had been warned before
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2008
The punishment sounds harsh. However I want to believe there are a lot of things hidden from the newspaper coy.

For those who condemn Covenant University what would you say of a typical Uk university where B Eng is obtained in three years and your year one doesn't count. Technically you become an engineer in two years.

Covenant University is okay. Infact when you want a job or admission anywhere noboby asks you what is the name of your university especially when it's a nigerian uni. The question is what course and what grade?

If you can afford the tution fee send ur children to covenant and remember to tell them not to forget their bibles when going to the chapel or what have you
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by lailai2(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
belabela:

The punishment sounds harsh. However I want to believe there are a lot of things hidden from the newspaper coy.

For those who condemn Covenant University what would you say of a typical Uk university where B Eng is obtained in three years and your year one doesn't count. Technically you become an engineer in two years.

wats ur point?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by ifyalways(f): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Its Obvious this Smooooooth character is feeling 2nd class.

Dont hate, Appreciate! grin

@Ify.

i hate repeating myself, but
Those Expelled had previous offences which added up to this.

People without any offence were just warned.

Why will you leave your bible in your room when your going for a chapel service
especially when thats the only program you have for the day!!!
sometimes, we just cause issues for ourselves.
aaah Ok.it was rather harsh(school authority) and foolish (student) . . . .going for a service without a Bible  shocked shocked shocked shocked in a church school too  tongue
If men were God  lipsrsealed rules ! rules! rules! when do we nigerians learn to stick to an agreement and laid down rules?when do we remember that justice should be tampered with mercy?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by ifyalways(f): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
youngies:

You are not supposed to have wet dreams in school grin
lmao cheesy
Not too bad if you agree to that.like Osuofia said" agreement is agreement" !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor / Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? / States With The Most Unqualified Teachers In Primary Schools — Statisense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.