Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled (34177 Views)

Poll: University students expelled for not carrying along their bibles to assembly! This:

Outrageous: 80% (226 votes)
Justified: 19% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by jess(f): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2008
Every fresher who gained admission into Covenant University must be aware of all the rules and regulations of the school.
Therefore, I don't see the need for all the fuse being made because someone was expelled as a result of flouting such rules.
In recent times, churches now own universities and since it isn't owned by the government, the School Council reserves the
right to enforce rules to guide the students and reduce indiscipline.
I am not a fan of private schools because I am of the sincere opinion that every one should learn to grow on his or her own
at a point in life, learning from all mistakes. That is what differenciates graduates of Governent-owned universities from those
of private universities.
However, as an undergraduate, if you or your parents decide you should attend a private university, then you are bound by their
laws. If those students knew it was a crime to be without their bibles at that time, why didn't they have them?
It's time for Nigerians to grow up and let go of their lackadaisical attitude to observing laid-down laws.
If you can't obey the law when you are below 30 years of age, what will happen when you are forty?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by asamuel: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2008
Oyedepo is a man of God? We should not touch God's annointed? Hehehehe! This is why Nigeria is far from progress. You see someone using God's money to build personal business, we are still calling him man of God. Anyway the Bible has said that many will come in that day and will say I have preached and cast out demons in your name but will be rejected by God.

I am a christian but I still don't believe that anybody should be forced to practice christianity even when they go to christian universities. God still sends His reign on the just and unjust. So, why expel someone because he simply does not have a Bible. If it's Jesus whom we are following, He would even provide you a Bible if you have none. Moreso, it's not carrying Bible that matters but doing what is written in it.

May God save these pastors!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by neduogu(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]
this is good rediance to bad rubbish.
let those in support of the school beat their chest and tell me they abode by the rules and regulations throughout their stay the that GLORIFIED UNIVERSITY.
lets even check this whole thing this way. when the early missionarist ventured into education what did they do? they made education free of charge (the likes of methodist, catholic and so many other colleges) but today the whole story has changed and even worse in that cult.
if they say they are producing future leaders then i bet you that the level of moral dacadence has just started in nigeria.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by everchris(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
asamuel:

Oyedepo is a man of God? We should not touch God's annointed? Hehehehe! This is why Nigeria is far from progress. You see someone using God's money to build personal business, we are still calling him man of God. Anyway the Bible has said that many will come in that day and will say I have preached and cast out demons in your name but will be rejected by God.

I am a christian but I still don't believe that anybody should be forced to practice christianity even when they go to christian universities. God still sends His reign on the just and unjust. So, why expel someone because he simply does not have a Bible. If it's Jesus whom we are following, He would even provide you a Bible if you have none. Moreso, it's not carrying Bible that matters but doing what is written in it.

May God save these pastors!

Abeg tell them. What kind of man of God is that? Expelling students becuase of bible, thats rediculous.  Do they mean that the student he expelled are MEN OF DEVIL? I'm not trying to make fun of a man of God but he went too far. Even though i think what he did was very bad, i still think the students shouldnt make a fuss about it, afterall they knew the nature of the school, yet they got into it. If they knew they coudnt bear it, they shouldnt have entered the school in the first place.
All thesame, what the man did was BAD. That school is worse than a secondary school, If u ask me, i think it s a SENIOR  PRIMARY SCHOOL.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esss(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2008
CU Students please answer the following questions;

1. Why arent mobile phones allowed on campus??

2. Why does your University not have any Student Union Government??

3. Are non-christians allowed to attend CU??

4. What is the primary goal of CU?? education or religion??

5. What is the relationship between education and the bible??

6. Since CU basically makes all the decisions for their students, how do their students learn to be self dependent outside the walls of CU??

7. Dont you find these rules counter-productive??

8. What was the motive behind the expulsion of HIV positive and pregnant students??

9. Why do you have assemblies in the university??

10. For an Anglican like myself who absolutely despises Pentecostal Churches, are there any other denominations on campus other than winners chapel Nig. limited??

11. If Jesus owned a university, would have expelled students for not having a bible??

12. If you had a choice, what would you change about CU??
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by zion222: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2008
dont speak evil of digniteries is wat my dad sayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssszion 08064243690
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Echeozo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2008
/
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by PiMpjUiCe1: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
wots all d effing fussin about? didnt they know those rules applied before they enrolled. its a contract meeen, abide and be or abide not and be excused. sshi kena, i tire for dis 9ja peeps o. na so we dey inside cab one 9t for ghana o. i think it was around 3am. taxi man that took us from club to hotel had to stop at the traffic light and we wer hustling him not to stop o. say dem mfit come rob us for there o. the dude just looked at us from his rear view mirror and shook his head, next i heard is, these nigerians, rules dont apply to u people at all, u break d simplest rules and think of it as a normal thing. no wonder ur country is in so much confusion, no order, bobs shame catch me. just say as a lagos boi. i just start to yap am say if e do that kind thing for allen round about na leg e go take reach house dat na if ritualist no kidnap am colet wetin remain of him lyf,
but think of it. we have order problem in 9ja. this new genration cant even respect queue. they jump queues and feel good abt it. no wonda una dey cry say somebody deal with people who didnt keep their part of a contract, sorry for una, its a deal, keep to it and be happy else, wot happened will happen and it has happened. so what?, awon nomo jati jati
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by vassilli(m): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2008
TOH no b only u c sth wit this big babies of C.Uni durin service o
durin my service too 1 like dat contested for Miss nysc she
was asked d market price of coca cola bottle she no knw
this gal na 2.1 student o, shes also a model and presently works wit kimberly ryan

On a 2nd tot, this C.Uni thingy na fraud o
mathematically spkin
300k fees som pay nor o dependin on course of study x 120 num of studnts expelled x 2semesters x num of yrs alrdy usd by each studnt
na same wit pple wey dey inflate contracts o
d sch don scam parents whose kids r involvd o,
dem do dem u dey watch am e dey go odidigbo igbo.
this 1 pass ettehgate o, na covenantgate o.
which acct parents wan write this kinda bad debt?
its high time C.Uni experienced aluta o
abi na 1 million man walk dem want?
abeg o
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by shescute4(f): 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2008
well d subjects' a serious one.if u wan be religious do am at no ones detriment and if u're an educationist,stick to its pros n cons.how in christs name,could having a bible be a criteria for being in the assembly hall.una for just do secondary school not a uni.for crying out loud its a ground for developin matured minds and not resorting to threats or actual expulsions all in thename of nuturin God fearin youths.E NO FOLLOW AT ALL! shocked shocked
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
Esss:

11. If Jesus owned a university, would have expelled students for not having a bible??

Imagine people like the woman caught in adultery and Zacheus at Winners chapel Industries.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by NubianQ(f): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2008
Esss:

CU Students please answer the following questions;

1. Why arent mobile phones allowed on campus??

2. Why does your University not have any Student Union Government??

3. Are non-christians allowed to attend CU??

4. What is the primary goal of CU?? education or religion??

5. What is the relationship between education and the bible??

6. Since CU basically makes all the decisions for their students, how do their students learn to be self dependent outside the walls of CU??

7. Dont you find these rules counter-productive??

8. What was the motive behind the expulsion of HIV positive and pregnant students??

9. Why do you have assemblies in the university??

10. For an Anglican like myself who absolutely despises Pentecostal Churches, are there any other denominations on campus other than winners chapel Nig. limited??

12. If you had a choice, what would you change about CU??

Word! cool

Saint Gamine come n answer.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by vassilli(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
Make una no mid Gemine ati Jaylinna abi kin wan je?
they av bn brain washed

I tink C.Uni shuld no longa b refered to as an educational institution
they r raisin relirious fanatics, hypocrates, extremists and worshippers of papa
In a social gathering bible bn a requirement? gud gracious
vry soon bible go turn to pass to enter clubs and brotel.
we dey talk of injustice injustice
expulsion witout trial is wat?
If we cant find justice in religious institution na for court of law we go come find?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esss(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2008
vassilli:

they r raisin relirious fanatics, hypocrates, extremists and worshippers of papa

Word!! Can you imagine a CU student becoming the head of a government/public office?? People will lose their jobs for not attending the monthly night vigils, people will be queried for not bringing a bible to work. And promotions will be for only those who have been baptised with the holy spirit.

Papa indeed. Even Jesus disciples sef no call am Papa.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Dakore(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
If the students know what they're getting into before applying to the school then I guess it sucks for them. they should have brought in their bibles.
but I think that a "random check" is pretty harsh though. what if someone who used to bring in his/her bible but forgot on that day or misplaced his/ hers got caught up in something like this? They should have been checking everyday and maybe expel those who come in too frequently without their bibles.

I think they're just trying to reduce the number of students. I guess they accommodated too many students than they can maintain. because i'm sure there are other forms punishments to this kind of "crime." Will the school fees be refunded (at least partially)?

WWJD? I don't think Jesus would have expelled the students. so much for "christian values" more like "money values" in my opinion.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by vassilli(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2008
Esss C.Uni students as head of govt?
Na Hypocracy dem go use kill us o
dont even think abt it o
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esoheolotu(f): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2008
Hu says covenant is for those that fail jamb? it is for those hu want to graduate on time, hu dont want cult wahala, hu dont want their results to get missing like in fed skools. covenant university is for the smart kids from good private secondary schools. u cant fail and enter covenant. u dont like deir rules dosnt mean u shud insult and spread rumours about the skool. no hatin please.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esss(m): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2008
Esoheolotu:

Hu says covenant is for those that fail jamb? it is for those hu want to graduate on time, hu don't want cult wahala, hu don't want their results to get missing like in fed skools. covenant university is for the smart kids from good private secondary schools. u can't fail and enter covenant. u don't like deir rules dosnt mean u should insult and spread rumours about the school. no hatin please.

I did. What was your JAMB score??
Who says you wouldnt graduate on time in federal universities?? worst case is they offset your calender for atmost 3-6months (but this is on very rare occasions)
Cultism my ass, you are in a religious cult already and dont even know it.
Good, smart Kids?? Niggar please. I'm doing a CU chick (I hope my babe neva gets to see this) and although she is "good" I dont know about smart.
You cant fail and enter CU?? WTF!! Can you bet your life on it?? Cos I know of some cats who got in just by knowing some big guy in admin.

Dude!! It's obvious that you are anoda Student victim of CU. So pls answer the questions I asked in an earlier post.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esoheolotu(f): 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2008
MAYB I SHUDNT HAVE BEEN TOTAL IN WRITING. BUT YOU CAN ENTER ANY SKOOL IN NAIJA BY KNOWIN SUM1. IT JUST HAPPENS A LOT LESS IN COVENANT. I AM A GIRL BY THE WAY. I AM ABOUT TO ENTER COVENANT. I DONT LIKE THE RULES. BUT I THINK. I MADE A 294 IN MY JAMB. YOU CAN CONFIRM IF YOU WANT TO. I LL SEND YOU MY DETAILS. TRUST ME I WOULD NOT SEND MY 16 YR OLD DAUGHTER TO A PLACE. WHR I CANT SLIP AT NITE.

I NEVA SED COVENANT WAS PERFECT. ALL I KNOW IS DAT I PREFER CERTAINTY TO UNCERTAINTITY.

MY BROTHER HAS BEEN IN UNILAG FOR 6RS FOR A FIVE YEAR COURSE. HE IS STUDYN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING BUT LAST YEAR HE GOT A RESULT FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. EXPLAIN SUCH CARELESSNESS. YOUR CHIQUEIS STUPID SIMPLE AND SHORT. COVENANT DINT MAKE HA STUPID.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esoheolotu(f): 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
ANY BODY THAT CAN BE BRAINWASHED IN COVENANT CULD HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED NEWHR MY DEAR. I KNOW HOW TOLIVE MY LIFE. IF YOU TELL ME BULLSHIT I LL KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE A REASONABLE HOME TRAINING. 4 YEARSIN COVENANT WONT CHANGE ME IN ANYWAY. IF IT CHANGES ANYONE THE PERSON CUD HAVE BIN CHANGED ANYWHR.
. EARLIER DIS YEAR A GRADUATE OF ESUT HU CUDNT SPEAK ENGLISH WAS DISCOVERED DURIN THE NYSC. EXPLAIN. IS IT ONLY COVENANT UNIVERSITY GRADUATES THAT ARE IN CLUBS? IS IT ALL COVENANT GRADUTATES THAT LACK SIMPLE LIFE SKILLS? DONT MAKE WOT HAPPENS EVERYWHR A BIG DEAL.

THE RESULTS FROM COVENANT ARE SOOO GOOD BECAUSE THE NORMAL DISTRACTIONS ARE ABSENT. SO ALL STUDENTS DO IS STUDY AND STUDY HARD. IT MIGHT BE WRONG. IT MIGHT BE RIGHT THAT IS NOT FOR ME TO DECIDE. AM JUST EXPLAININ Y DEY HAVE SPECTACULAR RESULTS. YOU SHUD THINK ABOUT IT TOO. UR STUPID GF CUD HAVE GRADED FROM NESKOOL AT ALL AND STILL LACK A BRAIN. COVENANT DID NOT EAT OUT HA BRAIN
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by vassilli(m): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
Wetin this Esohetolotolo abi kilo n je dey yarn
sure u knw wat this thread is al abt
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2008
Esohe's bible must have fallen on the capslock key.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by luv2talk(m): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2008
i cant laugh, hahahahaha, i wonder if this school is a Theological school or a standard University,If Jesus were to be alive,He would have beat Oyedepo with BULALA.well, all in the name of serving God, ,Our God is not strict
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esoheolotu(f): 12:01am On Jul 02, 2008
Na una sabi una own. from this i can see you either can't read or wont reason. my dear,post on and on and post all the nonsense you can. for me am leavin this thread so u can continue in your ignorance.  u don't have to like the rules for them to make sense. the rules are crazy. fine. but dey r not utterly stupid. follow d thread from d beginnin and ull undastand.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by kech(f): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2008
grin grin grin LMAO!! chai Davidylan u no go kill me. I tire when i see am. I begin think say im don dey rap in Czech.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by kech(f): 12:07am On Jul 02, 2008
na wah ooo. CU peeps una never answer me oo. So wetin una dey yarn now be say, if I enter the school I MUST go im church??, or be expelled? shocked shocked
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by brownbonno(m): 12:14am On Jul 02, 2008
Esohe,
I can understand your argument and passion on this issue of Covenant University.You should please one thing clear,a university is different from a secondary school or kindergarten where you combine social life with your academics.So that when you graduate into the wider society then you can function properly.if all the information about CU is current i am sure the NUC will certainly need to have a word with them.Otherwise they are only creating a secular society that will come into the larger society with a divergent agenda.How can a university ban student union on campus,that is against the law of freedom of association.
The experience of the UNILAG you just said is borne of the society we find ourselves(high level of inefficiency in work places),there is no job satisfactions among employees with corrupt minds on materialism.
Bring Bible to the assembly ground does not change anything,its just only dogmatic approach to indoctrinate the minds and souls of our future leaders.
Where on earth do you hear assembly ground for  university adult student,its a pure slavery of the minds which religion has helped to perpetuate.I am sure you have heard of the maxim " religion is opium of the people"-
"Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man—state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d'honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion. Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo." Marx
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by yemmydavid(m): 12:18am On Jul 02, 2008
Our God is not strict
who says God is not strict? follow d old testament well.
maybe papa is goin by d old testament days

@ ESSO

I Belive evrytin u said and i support u full time. but if u read my 1st post well, u will c dat i changed my mind wen i heard frm a student of d skool who was @ d scene of d incidence

- it wasnt a Chapel worship, it was a social evening (alos frm my source," There  was a gathering earlier in the day 9th june D CONVOCATION WEEK  to be precise and papa was in attendance HE PREACHED, Most students dint go with bibles. he called for another gathering in the evening which was supposed to be d social evening other WISE students thot it good to take their bibles 4 d gathering putting in mind that papa wuld be there and HE MIGHT PREACH AGAIN. that is why we have only 300 students who did not think of coming with bibles of the close to 11000 students in d skool. abeg na d students no reason well. they knw wat is obtainable in the skool and shld have followed it like their collegues.

- 185 students where expelled not 120 earlier stated and the othe 115 given one year suspension.

i am not saying wat happened in d skool is good o. E too HARSH  last last
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esoheolotu(f): 12:28am On Jul 02, 2008
@brownbonno
am happy u read my post and you r reasoning. i understand that covenant is overdoin the whole religion thin. i don't like deir rules. i think the rules r crazy. but i try to understand y the rules were made. to me the rules in covenant are a bit unreasonable for a university but too many lies r being spread bout the school. the lack of social life is alarming . i agree. i have a sista there. when she is in school she obeys the rules. when she is at home she has a healthy and normal social life for any young girl ha age. she has friends from federal unis she hangs out with because she has brain and she knows when covenant is overdoin it and when covenant is helpn. i know the rules r funny but please posters should learn to read reason and find out facts for themselves. k

hu told u bout dis so called assemby ground? to get the truth ask a student of the skool because amsure u got ur information from nairaland.

Gradutes of covenant hu come out and cant fit in2 society have themselves and their home training to blame. i dont see y 4 or 5 years in a skool with 4 months worth of holiday each year would destroy any solid being. anyone hu is brainwashed anywhere including covenant at the age of 18 is simply fickle minded.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by yemmydavid(m): 12:28am On Jul 02, 2008
as a punishment to evryother student they where all asked to come out for a program @ 6am the next morning 10th june when the program was actually supposed to start @ 10am. any student that disnt show up wuld av been expelled also
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by brownbonno(m): 12:39am On Jul 02, 2008
Esoheolotu:

@brownbonno
am happy u read my post and you r reasoning. i understand that covenant is overdoin the whole religion thin. i don't like deir rules. i think the rules r crazy. but i try to understand y the rules were made. to me the rules in covenant are a bit unreasonable for a university but too many lies r being spread bout the school. the lack of social life is alarming . i agree. i have a sista there. when she is in school she obeys the rules. when she is at home she has a healthy and normal social life for any young girl ha age. she has friends from federal unis she hangs out with because she has brain and she knows when covenant is overdoin it and when covenant is helpn. i know the rules r funny but please posters should learn to read reason and find out facts for themselves. k

The civil society should call the school authority to order,there is no need to bring the good intention of the G.O(general oversear) to a disgrace but the administration of the school should be advised of the adverse effect to the youths of the nation.For reference purpose go the Religion part of Nairaland ,you will see what religion have done to Nigerians(becloud their sense of reasoning)
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esss(m): 1:24am On Jul 02, 2008
brownbonno:

The civil society should call the school authority to order,there is no need to bring the good intention of the G.O(general oversear) to a disgrace you will see what religion have done to Nigerians(becloud their sense of reasoning)[/b]

What good intentions?? Raising an army of religious zombies?? Abeg tell me his good intentions, promoting religious fanatism?? Making christianity into a religious cult?? I'm dying to know his good intentions.

Esoheolotu:

[b]ANY BODY THAT CAN BE BRAINWASHED IN COVENANT CULD HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED NEWHR

True!! but whats your point?? That it's alright for CU and Oyedepo to keep controlling the minds of our supposed leaders of tomorrow and taking away their rights to freedom of choice and religion??

Esoheolotu:

I KNOW HOW TOLIVE MY LIFE. IF YOU TELL ME BULLSHIT I LL KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE A REASONABLE HOME TRAINING.

So why do you need CU?? There are other private universities in the country, why CU?? Or do you doubt your "home training" wont stand the test of an open and free society?? Why do you need CU to keep training you when this is when you should be checking how properly you have been raised??

Esoheolotu:

EARLIER DIS YEAR A GRADUATE OF ESUT HU CUDNT SPEAK ENGLISH WAS DISCOVERED DURIN THE NYSC. EXPLAIN. IS IT ONLY COVENANT UNIVERSITY GRADUATES THAT ARE IN CLUBS? IS IT ALL COVENANT GRADUTATES THAT LACK SIMPLE LIFE SKILLS? DONT MAKE WOT HAPPENS EVERYWHR A BIG DEAL.

Our point exactly. Students in federal/state universities are not all demons. As a matter of fact, we have students who carry a bible everywhere they go of their own accord and not under duress. So if CU students are also as bad as Normal Uni. students, then whats the point?? What the added benefit of CU?? Expelling HIV positive students, pregnant students and students with no bibles is a BIG DEAL!! get that into your head. It dose not happen anywhere in the world. If this where to be the United States or Europe, a Class action suit would have been filed against the school and Oyedepo would have sold Canaan land to pay compensations and legal fees. Rules are there o! but your school rules are still subject to the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Esoheolotu:

THE RESULTS FROM COVENANT ARE SOOO GOOD BECAUSE THE NORMAL DISTRACTIONS ARE ABSENT. SO ALL STUDENTS DO IS STUDY AND STUDY HARD. IT MIGHT BE WRONG. IT MIGHT BE RIGHT THAT IS NOT FOR ME TO DECIDE. AM JUST EXPLAININ Y DEY HAVE SPECTACULAR RESULTS. YOU SHUD THINK ABOUT IT TOO. UR STUPID GF CUD HAVE GRADED FROM NESKOOL AT ALL AND STILL LACK A BRAIN. COVENANT DID NOT EAT OUT HA BRAIN

No distractions you say?? You dont see living in perpetual fear as a distraction?? What happens when you find out that due to some medical error you have contracted HIV and ur CU is about to kick ur ass to the curb?? Church is a bloody distraction, Your bootcamp rules and regulations are damn distractions. And the spectacular results you are shouting here, could be just a matter of P.R on the part of the school. No be dem dem?? Which external body has come to carry out quality assesment of the results and examinations of the school?? Abeg make we hear word O! jare.

And just to correct dumb ass, I neva stated she was my girlfriend neither did I call her stupid (learn to not just read but also understand. CU wont teach u this). I said "a chick". There is a difference (I wouldnt expect you to know though)

Winners Chapel, Oyedepo and CU are giving christianity a bad name. Turning a University into a christian extremist training ground.  Jesus should'nt hear this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

States With The Most Unqualified Teachers In Primary Schools — Statisense / Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor / Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.