Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support (1748 Views)

Huawei Honor 4A Unveiled With Pocket Friendly Price Tag-see specs, Image & Price / Are there Blackberry Z10 Running Android 4.3 OS? / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. (2) (3) (4)

Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by buntercos(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
Android 4.3 has officially been
announced – it's been in the wild
on Google Play Edition devices for
a while, but the unveiling was put
off for today. So, what's new? Well,
4.3 is a minor upgrade so it brings
minor improvements and refines
the user experience, rather than
delivering game-changing features.
Multi-user support was introduced
in 4.2 and it's updated in 4.3 with
the new restricted profiles. A
restricted profile can limit what
content and apps can be used –
even limit in-app stuff like what
levels of a game can be played.
The suite of stock apps has been
updated - Hangouts now officially
replaces Talk and Keep is available
out of the box. The Drive, Chrome
and Maps applications have been
revamped too.
The way Android handles
notifications has been changed
too. For one, you can view your
notification history. Also, third
party apps have access to
notifications, which will help smart
watches and apps that sync
notifications across devices.
There are plenty of changes under
the hood too. OpenGL ES 3.0 is
now supported (Google presented
impressive improvements in 3D
game graphics) and the graphics
stack should be faster overall. For
games, Google unveiled the Google
Play Games app, which lets you
keep track of what your friends are
playing and a leader board of
achievements in the game.
The "master key" exploit has been
incorporated into Android 4.3, of
course.
Bluetooth 4.0 with Low Energy
mode (low power usage and longer
range for low-bandwidth
accessories like those fitness
tracking gadgets) is now
supported in stock Android. Before,
each maker had to roll its own
drivers. Also for Bluetooth, AVRCP
1.3 is supported, meaning the
phone can stream metadata about
the currently playing song to the
wireless speakers (or your car's
stereo).
Wi-Fi can be kept on at all times
to determine your position, even
when you toggle it off.
A new hardware-based encryption
for DRM has been added so
content providers will be more
willing to stream high-quality
content. A new Netflix app is
among the first to make use of this
and streams 1080p video (it's now
available in the Play Store).
An Android 4.3 update will be
available on Nexus devices from
the Galaxy Nexus up (4, 7, 10, you
name it). Google Play devices -
Galaxy S4 and Nexus One Google
Play Edition will get the update
soon too.
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by johndwayy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
gud news for android users... google has always bin innovative nd progressive. hope any latest tecno will have dis os?
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by physise(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
waiting for 4.3 to be port to my HTC wildfire s
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
That's it, I givvvv uupppp!!!!!! I was about to get the Tecno Phantom thingy when the Motorola X Phone was announced to come out in August. And then the rumours of S5 came and Sony's mysterious phone that will "blow your mind".

I giivver uupppp!!!!
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
waiting for 4.3 to be port to my HTC wildfire s
android rules
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by physise(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
SimonAndal: That's it, I givvvv uupppp!!!!!! I was about to get the Tecno Phantom thingy when the Motorola X Phone was announced to come out in August. And then the rumours of S5 came and Sony's mysterious phone that will "blow your mind".

I giivver uupppp!!!!
u beta wait o cos tecno go soon release a+

Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
physise: u beta wait o cos tecno go soon release a+
A what?
If i hear!!!
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by physise(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Godvilla: A what?
If i hear!!!
lol na so i hear am o
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
SimonAndal: That's it, I givvvv uupppp!!!!!! I was about to get the Tecno Phantom thingy when the Motorola X Phone was announced to come out in August. And then the rumours of S5 came and Sony's mysterious phone that will "blow your mind".

I giivver uupppp!!!!
Motorolla Moto x is sure of getting dis update too and even the eagerly antisipated Key lime pie since Google is now the Parent owner of Motorolla.
The price is official @ $299(approx 50k)
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by timpaker(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
I still haven't gotten the 4.2 update on my S3 embarassed embarassed
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by Segunagagu(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
timpaker: I still haven't gotten the 4.2 update on my S3 embarassed embarassed
even me i never get Am for my note 2
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by adepentane1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
Godvilla: A what?
If i hear!!!

.....yes, its true. so, pack well and wait small.
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by timpaker(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
Segun agagu:
even me i never get Am for my note 2

Na to vex root the phone ooooo
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by akinlolusewanu9(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
You can easily root Tecno A and A+ with this guide http://phonegist..com/2013/07/how-to-root-tecno-phantom-tecno-f7.html

I will also put a post on how to install Android 4.3 on it too soon. Working hard to get all the things together
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by maxdozie(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
murimoney: waiting for 4.3 to be port to my HTC wildfire s
badt
Re: Android 4.3 Unveiled With Improved Multi- User Support by rabzy01: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Please work harder. We are waiting shocked shocked

akinlolusewanu9: ill also put a post on how to install Android 4.3 on it too soon. Working hard to get all the things together

Nokia X Vs Nokia X2 Comparism / How To Access Blogger Dashboard With Operamini Browser / Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Tecno------no,it Is DOOGEE