Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police (55163 Views)

Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) / Strange Fish Turned To Human Being In Ibadan [pics] / Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Maxymilliano(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2013

The owner of the fish is still being held by the police.

The Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Mohammed Ndabawa, on Wednesday described as untrue the story of a fish with human parts reported in Ibadan on Tuesday.

The Oyo State capital was thrown into confusion on Tuesday when a middle-age woman, Ramota Salawu, raised the alarm thata fish she bought at Gege area of the town suddenly turned into a half human.

Hundreds of residents trooped to Akindele Compound, Gege, to catch a glimpse of the ‘miracle fish’ in a bucket where it was kept.

But the police boss, while addressing reporters in his office in Ibadan on Wednesday, said the object was a baby octopus, assuring the residents that they have no reason to fear.

He said people were merely spreading falsehood on the internet concerning the fish.

Ms. Salawu, who claimed to have bought the strange fish at Oke Ado, where she usually buys the item, claimed that it developed into aliving being shortly after it defrosted.

To debunk her claims, the state police boss displayed the fish to journalists on Wednesday.

He also said the woman was placed under protective custody and would be released when tension within the town is doused.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/141582-ibadan-strange-fish-was-baby-octopus-police.html

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Naija people get problem, ibadan people to be specific sad what if It were blob fish?

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
if thats it then it looks like a squid.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2013

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
these movies should be shown on tv:

http://www.imax.com/underthesea/
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by redsun(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
There are creatures in the ocean that have evolve for millions of years and have never be seen by humans.The sea takes up over 70 percent of the earth surface,it is enormous and uncharted.

The more you search,the more you see.Seek ye shall find.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
tpia.:

As someone who regularly eats this particular specie of cephalopod, I agree wholeheartedly.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by ba7man(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
That's what happens when the larger part of the Nigerian population that own cable TV watch "Africa Magic" rather than educate themselves with "Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Nat Geo wild" and other educative channels.

If wonder why no one was able to identified it immediately.

130 Likes

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
on the flip side we comfortably (blissfully) ignore the fact that an entire town was thrown into confusion over this.. hhmmm.. our future is indeed bleak.

16 Likes

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
So that was the octopus that was crying and begging and shaking her head not to be exposed? LWKMD grin

This "mermaid" should be handcuffed and sent to the penitentiary for causing so much trouble in Ibadan.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by owolabifunke14(f): 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
where is the damned fish
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by drnoel: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
tpia.:
even the police got it wrong. I suspected it would be either an octopus or a squird immediately i heard the story.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by pistol: 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
I never believed the human fish story.
What we need in this country is education,quality education to emancipate our lives and existence.
We are currently bugged down by the insensitivity of the political class and the religious bourgeois.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by princesammmy: 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
grin nigerian police no go kill me with laugh so if the people see octopus dem no go sabi sai na octopus?

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Tolexander: 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Shey na wetin dem carry quran and gather all the alfas for be this?

Nothing kills more than ignorance and knowledge is the only liberator!

30 Likes

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
undecided so much for ignorance!
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Jakumo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
Aigbofa: So that was the octopus that was crying and begging and shaking her head not to be exposed? LWKMD grin

This "mermaid" should be handcuffed and sent to the penitentiary for causing so much trouble in Ibadan.

I second this motion. Arrest ALL octopussies on sight.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
tpia.:
Squid, Baby Octopus...what's the difference, at least u get the point the man is trying to make, don't u?

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by omenka(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
kingoflag: Squid, Baby Octopus...what's the difference, at least u get the point the man is trying to make, don't u?

A squid is a squid, and an octopus is an octopus. They are different. The police, just like the pple, displayed crass ignorance on this one.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
I KNEW IT! THAT PHOTO WE SAW THIS MORNING IS PURE PHOTOSHOP!
Lesson: Our poeple should be encourage to watch more of NATGEO WILD not LABE ORUN!

31 Likes

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by mrking3(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
†ђξ picture is not clear enough!!!! Why A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ they finding it a herculean task to get a clear picture of this strange animal? A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ there no photo Journalists in Ibadan?
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Tolexander: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: I KNEW IT! THAT PHOTO WE SAW THIS MORNING IS PURE PHOTOSHOP!
Lesson: Our poeple should be encourage to watch more of NATGEO WILD not LABE ORUN!
natgeo wild or animal planet and not Odetode or Labeorun

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
mr_king: †ђξ picture is not clear enough!!!! Why A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ they finding it a herculean task to get a clear picture of this strange animal? A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ there no photo Journalists in Ibadan?

I know, her pretty face and her long flowing hair may not be visible from that poor quality photograph.

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tolexander: natgeo wild or animal planet and not Odetode or Labeorun
SAME NOONI MY BROTHER!
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lmaooooooo..... grin

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by PaulJohn1: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: on the flip side we comfortably (blissfully) ignore the fact that an entire town was thrown into confusion over this.. hhmmm.. our future is indeed bleak.

So you believe in the over hype by those attention seeking journalists? I've been in Ibadan since Sunday and I never heard of the incidence, read it first on Nairaland.
They even called Ibadan a town, a place housing over 3million people and the country's biggest city(land mass) undecided undecided
You see how mumu they(ibadan journalists) are?! undecided undecided
They need to leave their enclaves of bere, mapo, olodo, oje, molete, sabo, shasha, ikolaba....
*i give up on Ibadan journalists*

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by gerald09(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Illiteracy is a serious disease. So u mean people didn't even see d fish n already d story has gone round like dis, imagine what other story we have all grown up to hear if dey were actually true. From the liar of people turning in2 tubas of yam n goats to people flying @ nyt. I don't get how she wuld take a squid to be human, and d police even arrested d person dat sold it to her, just for dem to figure out its just a squid. Sad

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
gerald09: Illiteracy is a serious disease. So u mean people didn't even see d fish n already d story has gone round like dis, imagine what other story we have all grown up to hear if dey were actually true. From the liar of people turning in2 tubas of yam n goats to people flying @ nyt. I don't get how she wuld take a squid to be human, and d police even arrested d person dat sold it to her, just for dem to figure out its just a squid. Sad

But it's true

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: on the flip side we comfortably (blissfully) ignore the fact that an entire town was thrown into confusion over this.. hhmmm.. our future is indeed bleak.
Nah wa,dem nr no comon octopus...ilitracy sha
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Horus(m): 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Maxymilliano:
The owner of the fish is still being held by the police.

What is wrong with the Police?

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by adconline(m): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
Welcome to Naija where ignorance is celebrated and made a king

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by YoshiMaster: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Horus:

What is wrong with the Police?

I thought I was the only one that noticed that part.

Why are they still holding the person?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row / Police On Duty In Rivers In Someone's Car / Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Jigawa State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77