Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police (55183 Views)

Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) / Strange Fish Turned To Human Being In Ibadan [pics] / Strange Fish Causes Stir In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by martinoh(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
ibadan people ignorant people nah only food dem sabi chop
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Ruthtony: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
sorry to say people..the woman might be ignorant like many i dont blame her for raising such alarm... where my problem lays is if the fissh was froshen and and left to defrose how wil the fish com alive ... dats onetin we shld ask ourselves.. we shld be able to dig deep into issues not jst wait to be told and u draw conclusions
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
This is embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by blaccky: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
nawa for our people sha. i even learn that the fish is 'omo iyemoja' and crying for help dat she should be carried to eleyele dam and afterward fortune wil be for her? naija?
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by chokolatte: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nawa for people sef tot they said d fish had human features . So where are such features? SMH for rumour mongers
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by stebell(m): 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Too much of Nollywood, de bane of our society. τ̲̅ђe movies they churn out lack every thing yu can call education. It's beta our unborn children don't know wat Nollywood is wen they arrive. Ibadan peeps don't tell me yu use nokia torch as fones. We in de South need pix.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by CHIDONE: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Snake seen by one man/woman is imagine as python
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by stebell(m): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
martinoh: ibadan people ignorant people nah only food dem sabi chop
Guy yu jus said ♍Ɣ mind. Eko Ile come o. So nobody get tite fone take beta "pishure" hahaha i no fit laff.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by 3kay945(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Even some nairalanders claimed to have seen the human-fish or confirming from relatives in ibadan this morning....all na wash. grin
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by sureboykris(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

I thought I was the only one that noticed that part.

Why are they still holding the person?
protective custody. She will be released when tension dies down. Read d story properly
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Horus(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAqhThd_EQ

Giant octopus - extreme animals - BBC wildlife

From 45 seconds on the video
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by prestige2013: 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hmmmm, una weldone oi!
Some questions bothering me;
1. Does d creature came back to life or dead?
2. If yes, does it means that the creature withstand the frozen temperature for preserving it for days (from shipping, storage n storage).
3. Anybody with a clearer n true picture should post, let d Animalogy analyse for us.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Sagewood: 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
drnoel:
even the police got it wrong. I suspected it would be either an octopus or a squird immediately i heard the story.

I decided to test my 5 and 7 - year old kids, and asked them to name the creature displayed on my computer screen.
Instantly, they both said, Squid!

Education and extensive knowledge/ exposure are the keys to unlock gross ignorance and stupidity of the
ordinary Nigerians. The most outdated belief systems need to be dismantled with proper educational programs.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Jbgurl: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
wonder y every1 here is tinking d same way. Atleast,d poor woman knws what she went 2buy in d market and what it eventually turned to.am sure she didnt go 2d market 2buy a squid,she went 2buy a fish which she is familiar with and one way or d oda,she find a squid afterwards,ofcourse she wuld raise an alarm. Even if she was an educatedwoman,it wuld av bin d same reaction na... #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by shikshark: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
Police called the sQuid a baby octopus! That's obviously a gbagaun! But ill advice their governor update the school curriculum with fish studies to save this kind of fake alarm........ibadan people
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by 3kay945(m): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
prestige2013: Hmmmm, una weldone oi!
Some questions bothering me;
1. Does d creature came back to life or dead?
2. If yes, does it means that the creature withstand the frozen temperature for preserving it for days (from shipping, storage n storage).
3. Anybody with a clearer n true picture should post, let d Animalogy analyse for us.

For where you go see clearer picture, undecided
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Decryptor(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2013

The Oyo State capital was thrown into confusion on Tuesday when a middle-age woman, Ramota Salawu, raised the alarm thata fish she bought at Gege area of the town suddenly turned into a half human.

Hundreds of residents trooped to Akindele Compound, Gege, to catch a glimpse of the ‘miracle fish’ in a bucket where it was kept.

Ms. Salawu, who claimed to have bought the strange fish at Oke Ado, where she usually buys the item, claimed that it developed into aliving being shortly after it defrosted.

So people in the SW don't know what a squid is? Awolowo's "Free Education" is truly a waste! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Mollybobog1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
knowledge they say is power. many nigerians r facilitating in crude n orthodox knowledge. knowledge in which they learnt 4rm their ancestors n they av 4gotin dat those knwldge r no more useful in d golden eras of our. so education encoupld wit knowledge is d key 2 unlocking great exposure n civilization. so ibadan citizens stop calling an octopus an alien in human 4m
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo:

I second this motion. Arrest ALL octopussies on sight.
_
Ahhh....Octopussy....lovely book and movie.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Anvaller: 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Those inner city Ibadan ppl have inundated their senses with mystical and ghostly hallucinations by constantly listening to various ridiculous super ghost story series on yoruba radio programs. These stories educate them to the reverse and dumb them fatally down. Hence the reason why Ms Ramota's brain could not connect anything normal or natural 2 what she was seeing that this could be another aquatic creature she has never seen before but instead, she immediately concluded it was strange and aligned it with all the strange information already stored in her mental database and cried out for help.

If the government is not ready to at least enlighten the ppl, we can never move forward. Get those ridiculously unfounded super stories off the radio, the majority of low class ppl might like them but it is not helping them. Replace the programs with more educative programs. I might not be updated with the currently popular of those programs but I am sure they will still have them, so get rid of them now!!!
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by vokalguy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ignorance is a disease, kids please stay in school!
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Samunique(m): 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
This is serious Ibadan people must come out of their old oyo empire mentality even including their journalists, i really mean it.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Akiika: 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oh God, how much more can i thank you for giving me the opportunity to leave this jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by sonymerlot: 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Obviously, Ramota, her Father (Holding Qu'ran and reciting all sorts), neighbors and Clerics that were called did not have any form of education!
Nigeria is in serious trouble. Haba, kilode....is it only fish (and all the mami water fable) we know that lives in the water ni??
Ibadan/Nigeria/ Goodluck Jonathan and Minister of or na for Education.......... i hail o!
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
preshuzpearl: Ignorance is a deadly disease. Chai, people should learn to visit the zoos more often

Eheenn! Really? Oya Madam, pls tell me any Nigerian Zoo where they have SQUIDS!
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by mustafo: 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
pistol: I never believed the human fish story.
What we need in this country is education,quality education to emancipate our lives and existence.
We are currently bugged down by the insensitivity of the political class and the religious bourgeois.

Nigerians are so gullible it defies logic! They are afraid of the iroko tree, of the evil forest, of the night owl, of the stream etc and with so much superstitions as to doubt their 'born again' status.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by amiskurie(m): 10:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
na wa 4 dis kind ibadan people o.
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by justin04(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Illitracy is a diesease. I knew it wasn't a true story from the get go. And why is the woman being held? What are the charges?
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by theoctopus: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
So much for the enlightened educated region. Can you imagine that in a region that always boast that they are way ahead of every other region educationally and in their biggest city, no one could identify an octopus. Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
justin04: Illitracy is a diesease. I knew it wasn't a true story from the get go. And why is the woman being held? What are the charges?

for her safety . the residents might lynch her if they are not convinced the mammy water is actually a squid! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
austushi1:

Eheenn! Really? Oya Madam, pls tell me any Nigerian Zoo where they have SQUIDS!

Squid dey market. go warri, Bayelsa, ph dem dey sell am for market dont be stu'pid. I dont know about Lagos cos Yoruba people like egg and chicken too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Jigawa State / Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Media After Soldiers & IPOB Clashed In Front Of His House / Alhaji Muhammad Hurd Is Dead (katsina Police Commissioner )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.