Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson (39419 Views)

Jermaine Jackson & Lola "Omotayo" Okoye Are Age Mates - Fan Tells Peter Okoye / Lola Omotayo & Kids With Jermaine Jackson (photos) / Jermaine Jackson Thanks P-Square For Their Tribute To Michael Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Jibsonified(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2013
wazobia_N9:

COMMON SENSE MODE ACTIVATED....

1. 'Twas a tribute, and the video was a fantastic package
2. A picture speaks more than a thousand words.. their actions (dance steps) sef talk
3. It's never an offense to quote or copy someone unless it's a bad quote. Who better to quote than the 'king of pop'??!!
4. This is P-square's style from the word go if you know em at all... they cannibalize lyrics and dance steps... also have some original songs... its a hybrid style that has placed 'em in the pinnacle of music in Africa... it's so foolhardy and ludicrous to ask em to change a winning formula!!!
5. Common sense no common again!

I ENDORSE THIS. #WORD
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Melakuchikala(f): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2013
[quote
author=dannysteve99@ya] U CALL THIS UR TRASH ADVICE? I CALL IT BAD
BELLE IN D MORNING,JEALOUSY IN D AFTERNOON AND ENVY IN D
EVENING.[/quote] Lmao........this is the only comment so far that got me laughing. Bros take it easy on the guy o.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by beckyberry: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Joavid:
dazall!
dnt mind him,@least dey gave den encouragement. grin
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Lepatohset(f): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
lexyking: I'm still trying to figure out what brought MJ's picture into the video of this song as no mention of. Him was made in the song but now I know they used it as a selling point to get some attention from the states. My advise to them is to be 100% real and create a niche for themselves rather than chosing to walk in someone else's shadow cos the truth be said they can never really be taken as MJ's prodigy

what d heck r u sayin? Dis called market strategy! U sud try sum in ur hustle#
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by OmoUSH(m): 2:49am On Jul 29, 2013
P square just want to compete with D'banj on International recognition by all means. The video was a market strategy in guise of tribute cos the Mj is rapidly fading and in a matter of some few years to come his memory will be a shadow. And the twins are trying since their inception to garner the attention of Usher Terrence Raymond IV. Through youtube nowadays, any one can become globally famous OVERNIGHT,eg, Justin Beiber, south korean's pop Psy. Even me who is nt a celeb can easily be noticed through youtube everywhere so there is no big deal with Jermaine noticing the video clip. He would have appreciated anyone else too AND THAT IS ALL. Even me can imitate MJ more than the twins. Do i sound like a kinetic hater? As for those saying Usher has many times danced like MJ In the past, NEVER! Even MJ KNOWS THAT USHER GAT HIS OWN SIGNATURE DANCE AND ALWAYS AGREE THAT USHER IS UNIQUE. I could remember in those early 2000s when p square were just coming out and we had dancing groups all around Nigeria, it is either u are dancing Michael Jackson or Usher. Those are the two that left their trade on break dance culture. For instance, MJ gat his famous moonwalk which he did not invent and the crutch grabbing, while Usher gat his body freezing, chain rollin and cap flipping signature. But surely in music, the jackson 5 was a huge inspiration on Usher's career,even he admitts that. But as for dancing anybody that really breakdance knows they gat their different dancing modes. It is only when Usher payed tribute to MJ that he uses his dancing steps. Even Mj would have done likewise if Usher died before him. But MJ REMAINS THE KING OF POP EVEN IN DEATH AND HIS INFLUENCE IS RECOGNISED UNIVERSALLY. As for P square, they dance and sing more like Usher than Mj. SAME THING FOR WORLD SUPERSTARS LIKE OMARION, CHRIS BROWN,ETC. Why more credit is given Mj is that he began before Usher and has achieved more but truth be told, Usher influences artists globally than mj. He is not given credit due him. Chris brown was shot to fame after performing like Usher in My Way. Chris' first single, Run It, from his debut was called de-crunk version of Usher's yeah! Chris admits that Usher is his idol. In the late 90s and early 2000s almost every musical dance videos worlwide from people like JT,Ginuwine and others is so Usherish in nature and it continues to this day. In the early 21st century Usher was the unstoppable figure in pop and popular culture universally and his impacts were seen everywhere at that time. Even our local P square will attest to that. P square are just trying all posible means to compete with D banj for US recognition. Their creative video was a great blow to the latter cos a personality like Jermaine may not knw if D'banj exists.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by TheMatrix3: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
OmoUSH: P square just want to compete with D'banj on International recognition by all means. The video was a market strategy in guise of tribute cos the Mj is rapidly fading and in a matter of some few years to come his memory will be a shadow. And the twins are trying since their inception to garner the attention of Usher Terrence Raymond IV. Through youtube nowadays, any one can become globally famous OVERNIGHT,eg, Justin Beiber, south korean's pop Psy. Even me who is nt a celeb can easily be noticed through youtube everywhere so there is no big deal with Jermaine noticing the video clip. He would have appreciated anyone else too AND THAT IS ALL. Even me can imitate MJ more than the twins. Do i sound like a kinetic hater? As for those saying Usher has many times danced like MJ In the past, NEVER! Even MJ KNOWS THAT USHER GAT HIS OWN SIGNATURE DANCE AND ALWAYS AGREE THAT USHER IS UNIQUE. I could remember in those early 2000s when p square were just coming out and we had dancing groups all around Nigeria, it is either u are dancing Michael Jackson or Usher. Those are the two that left their trade on break dance culture. For instance, MJ gat his famous moonwalk which he did not invent and the crutch grabbing, while Usher gat his body freezing, chain rollin and cap flipping signature. But surely in music, the jackson 5 was a huge inspiration on Usher's career,even he admitts that. But as for dancing anybody that really breakdance knows they gat their different dancing modes. It is only when Usher payed tribute to MJ that he uses his dancing steps. Even Mj would have done likewise if Usher died before him. But MJ REMAINS THE KING OF POP EVEN IN DEATH AND HIS INFLUENCE IS RECOGNISED UNIVERSALLY. As for P square, they dance and sing more like Usher than Mj. SAME THING FOR WORLD SUPERSTARS LIKE OMARION, CHRIS BROWN,ETC. Why more credit is given Mj is that he began before Usher and has achieved more but truth be told, Usher influences artists globally than mj. He is not given credit due him. Chris brown was shot to fame after performing like Usher in My Way. Chris' first single, Run It, from his debut was called de-crunk version of Usher's yeah! Chris admits that Usher is his idol. In the late 90s and early 2000s almost every musical dance videos worlwide from people like JT,Ginuwine and others is so Usherish in nature and it continues to this day. In the early 21st century Usher was the unstoppable figure in pop and popular culture universally and his impacts were seen everywhere at that time. Even our local P square will attest to that. P square are just trying all posible means to compete with D banj for US recognition. Their creative video was a great blow to the latter cos a personality like Jermaine may not knw if D'banj exists.

Oga bad belle wetin u dey write all this epistle for? grin grin grin Who call D'banj for dis matter?

1 Like

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by tontodike1: 10:37am On Dec 31, 2013
P-square drawing by google rated Nigerian best Artist and lagos reknown portrait artist (Ayeola Ayodeji Awizzy)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ngozi Nwosu Hits The Gym / Regina Daniels' Family Photos Of 3 Boys And 2 Girls / Yvonne Okoro Donates Borehole To Walewale (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.