Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun (12324 Views)

SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court. / Easter Tragedy: 5 Family Members Burnt To Death In Delta Auto Crash / Bayelsa Women Burnt To Death At Ahoada [Graphic Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Olarewajub: 9:01am On Jul 25, 2013
Residents of Kajola-Ijesha in Atakumosa West Local Government Area of Osun State were thrown into mourning following the death of four members of a family who were burnt to death in a mid night inferno that razed their house, Monday night.

Those who lost their lives were the father, mother and two of their children, while two other children who went for night prayers escaped.

Property, including furniture, electronics, cooking utensils and other household materials were burnt in the inferno.

An officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, who preferred anonymity, said the fire was caused as a result of power surge, stressing that the entire house was affected.

The NSCDC member said: “We have been to the scene and found out that the incident happened as a result of the return of power to the house by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN. There was no light when the family slept but the high voltage power came at midnight and caused the incident.”

It was learnt that the two children who escaped the fire incident were at a vigil, and encouraged other members of the family to attend the prayer programme but they declined.

The state’s Deputy Governor, Mrs. Grace Laoye-Tomori, who visited the scene of the incident expressed shock and concern at the death of the four family members, promising that the state government would take care of the remaining two children.

Tomori who gave some undisclosed amount to the eldest child of the deceased parents admonished the residents of Kajola to be vigilant.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/four-family-members-burnt-to-death-in-osun/#sthash.AYsNTmlg.dpuf
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by sexymoma(f): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
R.i.P..
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by kehinde1588(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
R.i.p...sad...first to comment
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Inb4 religious swagfags positing that God killed them for refusing to go to vigil.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by JUO(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
sad
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by revelation2013(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
RIP to d dead, God will protect us all
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by nofij(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
F2c *dancing kukere* tnx mum for ur support. its bn a long tym comin
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by midetinz(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
i`m i first to comment......#dancing she ko wale, odurosoke# RIP TO THE DEAD. RUBISH NEPA
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Beync(f): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Blame it on phcn unstable power supply

Very sad news
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by EKOBIZ: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
God grant their soul Rest in Peace. Amen First to comment sha....
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
midetinz: i`m i first to comment......#dancing she ko wale, odurosoke# RIP TO THE DEAD. RUBISH NEPA
_
May you dance into the arms of a Category 5 Kaiju.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Teegurlee(f): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
This is so disheartening.

I pity the dead parents and kids but I pity the surviving kids more. Relatives wil begin 2 pass them around like sum kind of ball.It's nt easy 2 b an orphan.
RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by adesola220: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
May dere soul rest in perfect peace...... Another PHCN attrocity
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by cardoso111(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
RIP to the dead.Pls let's all OFF ALL APPLIANCES ONCE LIGHT GOES OFF FROM PHCN, we are all guilty of this thinking that leaving all switches on will signal when Light comes
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lord have mercy on us all o! This PHCN Power surges affects us all. RIP to the dead.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Lolaabokoku(f): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
I wonder ฟһў people are always happy being †ђξ
First Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ comment
Is there å prize ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ that

2 Likes

Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by freecocoa(f): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
See wetin NEPA don cause.

RIP to the dead.

Abeg people should try and turn off their switch(abi wetin dem dey call am) before turning in for the night.

My mum used to go round the house turning off stuffs before going to bed, chei poor children sad.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Yenex(f): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
nofij: F2c *dancing kukere* tnx mum for ur support. its bn a long tym comin
i thought i told u 2 stop using mtn?better luck next time...RIP 2 D DEAD
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by AbuMikey(m): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
RIP!
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Danhumprey: 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Blame PHCN! Imagine the Minister of Power want Nigerians to believe that we enjoy 16hrs of uninterrupted power supply! What rubbish! Even some places can't even enjoy the privilledge of enjoying even a mere 30seconds of electricity supply. angry
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by emmabest2000(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
R . I . P ... To the Dead
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by obowunmi(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
No fire escape. No fire department. No water.

Nigeria, there's hope.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Treasure28: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
SimonAndal: Inb4 religious swagfags positing that God killed them for refusing to go to vigil.
no, that's not God, He couldn't have punished His children with death.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by ELgordo(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Damn# Its statting to look real ugly. . .Let Us pray
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Mjjordan(m): 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
may their souls rest in peace..
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by alphaconde(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
May the souls of all the faithful departed thru the mercy of God rest in peace.

When death comes if u like go to church mosque, climb tree enter hole stay for air, u will sti die.

What if they went to church and boko haram attacked?
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Valto(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
nigerian electricity suppy is very pathetic. more reason to secure ur all household electronics and electricals with a high capacity automatic voltage stabilizer. in event like this, the stabilizer fuse cuts off once an unexpected voltage enters.. R.I.P to the family of the deceased.
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by Boll2010: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
sexymoma: Eyah we all know Nigeria Economy is enough for you to be aggressive, But i must warn you next time dey look face o... Mo craze gan ni o undecided
E-craze grin
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by sylve11: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Journey well to the dead. sad cool
Re: Four Family Members Burnt To Death In Osun by comrChris(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Rip 2 d dead may God grant d survivers fortitude 2bear it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Election, One Of The Most Difficult Ever - Mahmood Yakubu / Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology / Breaking News: Adamawa: PDP Appeal Committee Clears Fintiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.