Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones (17692 Views)

Blackberry Activation Required -bold 5-9930-sprint / My Bold 5(sprint Branded) Displayed 'activation Required' On My Homescreen. / Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones by fursh(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2013
Some blackberry mobile phones, especially the ones used in the U.S and UK are customised, either by verizon, AT&T or some others. When brought to Nigeria, they'd be showing "activation required" at the network display region of the bbm, though it doesn't affect the way the phone works in any way. There are 2 steps below you could follow to remove it permanently without stressing yourself and paying a dime to any phone technician.

Firstly, Go to options, click on advanced options, click on Host Routing Tables, click to enter. DO NOT click on any listing.
Press the Option key, and select register now. You will get a verification message. Then go to email settings and send service books. You will get another email per account. Do a battery pullĀ and see if the problem is resolved. Pull the battery while the device is ON. Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot and see if the problem is fixed. Note: when doing the hard reset, No data will be lost. This works for some few blackberries.

If the above doesn't work, this one will. You have to access the CDMA Setting Menu on your BlackBerry by clicking the Green dial key (like you want to make a call) and enter ##000000, then click the green dial key. The CDMA setting edit screen would appear. Edit and put your phone number in the intial field... "Mobile Directory Number" and Save. That should take care of it.. but again, not being currently within the range of network signal may cause this not to work. Hope this helps someone

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones by janniferrufus: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2015
pls my blackberry 9930 sprint is not connecting and i've tried all that am asked to do even called the service center of my network but is still not working pls can i get some help because is just piecing me off. thabks
Re: Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones by janniferrufus: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
how do i get the code to activate my phone because the one am using ##000000 or ##111111 is not valid on my phone
Re: Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones by ChangeHolder(m): 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
the second method works perfectly for me. Thank buddy
Re: Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones by saydfact(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2015
Thanks WORKS.
Re: Steps On How To Remove "Activation Required" From Blackberry Phones by Smartworld173: 1:55pm On May 17, 2016
All the steps been given did not work on my phone, eg ##000000 or ##111111 both the two did not work on my phone pls do help me thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / Cost Of Infinix Hot 4 Screen / RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.