Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Change Of Surname. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Change Of Surname. (8508 Views)

WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. / Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? / Her Boyfriend Won't Reveal His Surname And Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Surname. by benincitys(f): 11:44pm On May 26, 2008
i am married since four year i want to change my surname to my husband name, i live in germany they ask me in the embassy  of Nigeria to sent my old surname and the new surname  to the news paper in Nigerian and bring it for them in the embassy of Nigeria in germany , my question is if any body have done  some thing like this  or hear of it ?
Re: Change Of Surname. by abbey10(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2008
Find a trusted friend,family that can do that for you.
It's not that difficult.
I,Former Miss , now wish to be known and addressed as Mrs,
All documents still valid.
The German Embassy and the general public please take note.

YOu fax your marriage cert to the person.
Re: Change Of Surname. by Xiomarra: 6:44am On May 28, 2008
benincitys:

i am married since four year i want to change my surname to my husband name, i live in germany they ask me in the embassy of Nigeria to sent my old surname and the new surname to the news paper in Nigerian and bring it for them in the embassy of Nigeria in germany , my question is if any body have done some thing like this or hear of it ?

Yes. I know someone who did that over here in the US. He was told the same thing. . .to go and publish a notice in a Nigerian newspaper. The person used one name to enter the country and wanted to change names for one reason or the other. All he had to do was go before a judge and plead why he wanted to change his name. When he was granted the request, he used the new name with the court documents to get a new Nigerian passport in his new name here. But it also indicated that he was a "formerly known as"!

So to boycott all that Nigerian wahala, go and get a court judgement in your favor of name change in Germany if you have such a privilege. It took less than a week over here. That Nigerian wahala is not a pretty thought. With your marriage certificate, you can easily get a name change, I think.

Goodluck.
Re: Change Of Surname. by coolier(f): 8:19am On May 28, 2008
benincitys:

i am married since four year i want to change my surname to my husband name, i live in germany they ask me in the embassy of Nigeria to sent my old surname and the new surname to the news paper in Nigerian and bring it for them in the embassy of Nigeria in germany , my question is if any body have done some thing like this or hear of it ?

The day you are married - legally that is, you sign off your maiden name for the last time and you automatically become Mrs Whatever! You also get a marriage certificate. That is your change of name. And with that if you want to, the law permits you to change all your former documents to your married name - e.g your German passport, drivers licence, bank etc. So what has Nigerian Embassy in Germany got to do with that? You haven't told us the real story. Are you trying to apply for a Nigerian passport based on the fact that you're married to a Nigerian? Or you want a visa to be able to visit the country? Are you saying you've been married four whole years and only want to change your name now? Where was the marriage conducted? You live in Germany, where is your husband now?
Re: Change Of Surname. by mamaput(f): 8:42am On May 28, 2008
http://www.binational-in.de/

versuche es da sie können dich weiter leiten an an forum die es ganz genau wissen.

http://www.info4alien.de/

und hier ein portal zu auslands recht
Re: Change Of Surname. by mamaput(f): 8:48am On May 28, 2008
coolier:

The day you are married - legally that is, you sign off your maiden name for the last time and you automatically become Mrs Whatever! You also get a marriage certificate. That is your change of name. And with that if you want to, the law permits you to change all your former documents to your married name - e.g your German passport, drivers licence, bank etc. So what has Nigerian Embassy in Germany got to do with that? You haven't told us the real story. Are you trying to apply for a Nigerian passport based on the fact that you're married to a Nigerian? Or you want a visa to be able to visit the country? Are you saying you've been married four whole years and only want to change your name now? Where was the marriage conducted? You live in Germany, where is your husband now?

what do you know about German laws of marrage
there are many cases like that.she wanted to keep her name , her problem she wants to change her name her problem.
each country has its own laws. and she has to fullfill the requirements of both countries not just one
i know very many women that do not take their husbands name at marrage. we are in the year 2000
Re: Change Of Surname. by Xiomarra: 10:28am On May 28, 2008
Mamaput! Please forget that dress. grin
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Re: Change Of Surname. by benincitys(f): 5:22pm On May 28, 2008
Mr coolier when i got married i keep my surname for a reason but now i have a one year old baby who have is father name that why i want to change my , sorry i am a Nigerian by birth i don't need passport i have one already i am not married to a Nigerian man , i am married to a germany man and we are together .

Re: Change Of Surname. by benincitys(f): 5:40pm On May 28, 2008
coolier sorry for the mr
Re: Change Of Surname. by coolier(f): 7:10pm On May 28, 2008
benincitys:

Mr coolier when i got married i keep my surname for a reason but now i have a one year old baby who have is father name that why i want to change my , sorry i am a Nigerian by birth i don't need passport i have one already i am not married to a Nigerian man , i am married to a germany man and we are together .

Oh! now I understand, pardon me I thought you're German. Thanks for being polite and taking the time to explain again. By the way no offence for my earlier reply, they were only questions I wanted clarified so I could be in a better position to contribute to your thread.
Re: Change Of Surname. by excalibur(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2011
benincitys:

i am married since four year i want to change my surname to my husband name, i live in germany they ask me in the embassy  of Nigeria to sent my old surname and the new surname  to the news paper in Nigerian and bring it for them in the embassy of Nigeria in germany , my question is if any body have done  some thing like this  or hear of it ?

You could go to the website namechangenigeria and register your details there. It's free for now and will soon become official.
Re: Change Of Surname. by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 12, 2011
excalibur:

You could go to the website namechangenigeria and register your details there. It's free for now and will soon become official.

Benincitys posted her enquiry 3 years ago. I doubt she'd still be needing assistance with regards her name change in 2011.

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Know If She's Truly Pregnant / When Is The Best Time To Tell An Adopted Child The Truth About His Parentage? / What Could Be Wrong With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.