Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Iphone Firmware Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Firmware Update (1038 Views)

How To Fix Android With IMEI /firmware Baseband Issue / How To Upgrade Htc Inspire 4g Android To 4.0.4 Firmware / Request For Your Offline Nokia Firmware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone Firmware Update by chikeze(m): 12:02am On May 27, 2008
can anyone pls tell me how to update my iphone 8gig firmware to 1.1.4. mine is 1.1.1. and i cant seem to install applications on it. just got this iphone of recent. pls help me thanks.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by naijafan(m): 2:24am On May 27, 2008
if you stay around allen avenue, i may be of help.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by sect(m): 8:29am On May 27, 2008
Dont worry poster,Texazzpete is on the way
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by logica(m): 2:17pm On May 27, 2008
my guy, with all due respect the fact that you are here asking for help means you already have access to a pool of information (google.com and apple.com for example). to update your iphone is as simple as a single button click!
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 2:42pm On May 27, 2008
lol
he's in good hands with Naijafan.

besides, i'm still coming to terms with my failure to get the Glo GPRS stuff to work on the iphone. i could do this easily on older firmwares, but i can't seem to get it to work on the 1.1.3/4

@logica
I've been able to solve the SMS/caller ID wahala.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by logica(m): 4:12pm On May 27, 2008
pete

maybe you're referring 2 naijafan. i know 2 solve it is as simple as installing AppSupport.

with glo gprs/edge, how were u solving it on older firmware cos i may have an idea?
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 4:42pm On May 27, 2008
Appsupport never worked for me because the Nigeria format isn't included in the template. I heard tell that the Appsupport for 1.1.4 worked, but for 1.1.2 - 3, no dice.
i'm still in 1.1.3. Little or no improvement in 1.1.4, and i didn't wanna deal with application compatibility issues.

Posted a solution for the 1.1.1 Gprs workaround
(hate using the word 'hack' in this forum for obvious reasons grin)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-110704.0.html
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 4:46pm On May 27, 2008
@Logica
Dunno about you, but i can't wait for June 9th for the Apple WWDC.

I'm already looking for a buyer for my 16Gb iPhone when the 3G phone comes out.
I'm interested in seeing what Games and Apps will be out on the app store. My prediction is that Apple's gonna release a slew of free apps for the iPhone to tempt people to update to 2.0.

i once thought that apple was gonna stop making life difficult for unlockers so as to boost sales, but they've been busy signing exclusive deals with mobvile carriers all over the world, so they'll probably try and make it harder to jailbreak and unlock.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by logica(m): 11:05pm On May 27, 2008
@pete

yeah i added the nigerian format 2 the AppSupport template (ask naijafan for details) when it didn't seem to work. but what i later found was, it seems 1.3b9 version found under the iClarified category is the one that works on 1.1.4 & seems 2 already have support for nigeria (because i found i didn't need the nigerian format i had earlier added and it worked). the version 1.2 found under Tweaks 1.1.4 category doesn't work. but u can help check out the template and see if it works. I can send you the plist file. send me an email: javaman21133@yahoo.com

with the work-around for glo, of course u are aware that several config file paths were altered in the upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. that may be the key.

i won't bother selling my 2.5g tho when the 3g comes out. of course i will get the 3g. they can only make it harder 2 jb/unlock, but they cannot make it impossible 2 (come on, with pwnage how can apple possibly stop hackers now?). smiley
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2008
@logica
Yeah, instead of tracking down the new paths, i'm simply editing the proxy.pac from the T-zones hack for 1.1.3 on installer.
that's why i figure it's an issue with the IP i'm using.
I don't really use a Glo line so it isn't an issue for me, but i've got a friend who works at Glo customer care in PH and they get oodles of requests for GPRS configuration.

Wait. . .Wait! So naijafan is a convert now? grin
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by lungwun(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2008
texazzpete:

@Logica
Dunno about you, but i can't wait for June 9th for the Apple WWDC.

I'm already looking for a buyer for my 16Gb iPhone when the 3G phone comes out.
bought my iphone in april and i now feel bad about doing so
thinking i should just have waited a bit but,
my problem with all this stuff is,
supposing the 3g iphone is not released on that date?
and this is all a marketing hype?
what then?
well if you still want to sell yours how much would you sell it?
my girl needs one and i cannot afford another N75k right now
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 2:01pm On May 28, 2008
lungwun:

bought my iphone in april and i now feel bad about doing so
thinking i should just have waited a bit but,
my problem with all this stuff is,
supposing the 3g iphone is not released on that date?
and this is all a marketing hype?
what then?
well if you still want to sell yours how much would you sell it?
my girl needs one and i cannot afford another N75k right now

Iphones are listed a 'Unavailable' on the Apple Online store in the US and the UK.
Numerous hints have been dropped.
Case specifications have been sent to iphone case manufacturers.

Jobs will announce the 3G iPhone June 9th. take that to the bank
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by lungwun(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2008
texazzpete:

Iphones are listed a 'Unavailable' on the Apple Online store in the US and the UK.
Numerous hints have been dropped.
Case specifications have been sent to iphone case manufacturers.

Jobs will announce the 3G iPhone June 9th. take that to the bank
if that happens that will make me feel soo bad
about the unavailability,
i know about that. prices for unlocked iphones have also hiked in th US
one more thing since you are the go to guy on iphones, how do i get summerboard themes
on my iphone without going online(on my phone) because i see that i can download them to my laptop from
iphonethemeworld.com.
thing is how, do i get them to the frickkin phone
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2008
Shebi you've got Summerboard installed?

Get either Iphone PC suite or IPhoneBrowser.

IphoneBrowser 1.4
http://iphonebrowser.googlecode.com/files/SetupiPhoneBrowser.1.4.zip

Iphone PC Suite V1.0.7.1
http://dl.sj.91.com/pcsuite/iPhone_PC_Suite.rar

here's an informal review of the iPhone PC suite

http://iphonefreakz.com/2008/04/30/iphone-pc-suite-monster-review-pt1/
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 4:09pm On May 28, 2008
Just realised i hadn't given you the path to the summerboard folder

but it isn't such a big deal. Both iPhone broswer and PC Suite have 'Favorites', links to common folders. You'll find one for Summerboard Themes there. You'll also get 'em for customize.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by logica(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2008
@pete

if these glo customers r willing 2 pay i will invest time in figuring it out. till then. . .

u don't seem interested in the AppSupport issue - update to the country code plist. i wouldn't mind if u test it out & give me feedback since i'm no longer sure it worked simply cos i added the nigerian template. i do know my format for nigerian phone numbers works tho (it even properly formats land phones).
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2008
@logica
Sorry about that.
Didn't go the updated Appsupport way, finally was able to get the Nigerian template to add. The standard Appsupport kinda slows the SMS pane down, so i streamlined it with only the Naija template

The working template is like this

// Nigeria [ng]
ng 234 009 0
+ + + + ### #######
+ + + + ### ######
+ + + + ## #######
+ + + + ## ######
+ + + + ## #####

The easiest way is to just upload this phone number template to the 'Support' folder under Appsupport

Re: Iphone Firmware Update by texazzpete(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2008
Logica
Sorry it seems i was in a haste to post that i didnt realise you already had the Nigerian template.

i've read the changelog for the latest Appsupport framework and i didnt see Nigeria as an added country, so i'm sure it's your template that did the magic.

Hope you deleted all the unneeded countries. they tend to slow down the sms app.

I'm not sure i share your optimism about pwnage and iPhone unlock. How come the Dev team has been silent on whether they'll be able to unlock 2.0?

if 2.0 comes out and we have to update, i'll be crushed. think of all the apps i'm gonn ahave to re-install.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by dragnet: 6:41pm On May 28, 2008
I think all Iph0nes c0ming to Nigeria should pasS thru u guys for 'localizatn' b4 being sold to d end userz **just my t0t
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by logica(m): 7:40pm On May 28, 2008
@pete

interesting. . .

this is wot i used:

// Nigeria [ng]
ng 234 ### ### ####
+ + + + 0### ### ####
+ + + + 0# ### ####
+ + + + 0## ### ####
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by DualCore1: 7:40pm On May 28, 2008
Lol dragnet, i agree o. Was holding tex's iphone minutes ago nd i no fit shout. Lol.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by dragnet: 7:15am On May 29, 2008
Dual Core, . . . .mMm . . .u tinking of c0nverting??
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by DualCore1: 2:26pm On May 29, 2008
dragnet:

Dual Core, . . . .mMm . . .u tinking of c0nverting??
shay na with teeth dem dey use convert ni?
our u have a nokia2iPhoneConverter.sis application i can run? grin
yea use the phone for one day and u'll want to convert.
Re: Iphone Firmware Update by dragnet: 3:15pm On May 29, 2008
;d

(1) (Reply)

Any Usefull Info On Nokia3250,pks Post Here / Bb Strom 1 For Sale / Samsung Sgh-f480 Touch Phone For Dash!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.