Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

“I Cannot Be Chased Out Of PDP” – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Cannot Be Chased Out Of PDP” – Amaechi (513 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable / Patience Jonathan Fuelled My Conflict With President, PDP – Amaechi / Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Cannot Be Chased Out Of PDP” – Amaechi by chaloner(m): 7:12am On Jul 26, 2013
Rivers State governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has said that despite recent calls from the top echelons of his party, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) over his perceived dispute with President Goodluck Jonathan, nobody can chase him out of the party.
He said this on Thursday, when he featured in an interview programme on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), Hardtalk, with Shaun Ley.
He stressed that his ambition now was to pursue the goals for which he was elected.
When asked to confirm his purported ambition torun for the office of the vice president in 2015, which had been said to be the reason he got embroiled in public dispute with President Jonathan, Amaechi said that was just an assumption.
“I didn’t say I want to run for the office of the vice president. I said we must allow 2015 to remain for 2015. Nobody can say by now whether you want to be president or you don’t want to be president.
“Let’s assume that I remain in PDP and want to run for the office of the vice president, will myleaving the PDP not an answer to that assumption?
“Assuming the president wants to run and if the president wants to run and I remain in PDP, thenit means that I have no ambition.
“Those who are assuming that I have an ambition may be making a lot of mistakes, because the place to fulfil that ambition will be in another party, but the reason for remaining in PDP is because nobody can chase me out of PDP. I am a member of PDP and I love to remain in PDP.
“What you must know is that I believe in the ruleof law. Let’s even assume for the purpose of argument that an ambition exists, nobody has theright to bring down a state just because an ambition exists.
“The president is elected to preside over the state for which he has been elected and I support that. I want everybody to support Mr President to preside for the interest of the country,” Amaechi said.

Also speaking on the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) election, Governor Amaechi said the president did not tell him not to contest or otherwise, adding that he contested because there was no law requesting him to tell the president.
“Nobody advised me not to run. I challenge anybody on that. There is no law that requests me to tell him (the president) that I was going to run.
“I didn’t need to go to the president to tell him Iwant to run for NGF (presidency), I didn’t needto do that and I didn’t do that and he, in turn, didn’t say I heard you intend to run, and I ran and I didn’t see the president at the ballot.
“The person I saw at the ballot was Jonah Jang and he didn’t object to the fact that I won,” Amaechi said.http://www.theheraldng.com/i-cannot-be-chased-out-of-pdp-amaechi/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: “I Cannot Be Chased Out Of PDP” – Amaechi by chaloner(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2013
My problem here is that this people are disturbing my peace , cnt even soak my garri in peace.....last navy exam I was asked who is d chairman of NGF, till now I'm still confuse if I get d ans or not ........biko , pls politicians of dis country should, pls should lleave me alone to think abt ma life
Re: “I Cannot Be Chased Out Of PDP” – Amaechi by clip: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2013
You can not be in a system and be opposition. If they do not agree with your "rule of law" and opinion. Look for another place to express your view or where your view will be respected.
But, if you want to remain in the system. I think you have to abide by the rules of that system, till you become the leader that can change.
System = party
Example. Amaechi, was speaker during Odili, then there was no visible development in the state. He has little power to impeach the then governor, so he relax untill he became the governor. There and then, he is exhibiting the latent heat of development he wished for the state.
What ever Odili want is what he does,where was his Princple and rule of law then
Please repeat what you did during Odili, by saying yes sir to all the presidency says( it is not new,you ve done it before).Who knows you may be the president the way you became the governor in your first tenure.
Remember you we're not voted for but Omeaha. You did not campaign. You became the governor when court recognize you as the right candidate of PDP.
Another example, Atiku felt not fairly treated that his opinion is valueless, he jump to another party. He started to express his opinion in his new found system/party.
Re: “I Cannot Be Chased Out Of PDP” – Amaechi by taiocol: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2013
The young amechi is a pain in the boot lyk injection. Does he knws wat he has caused the nation nd for Mr president.

(1) (Reply)

Attention Ministry Of Niger Delta / Apc Youth Member: Southeast Has To Be Carried Along / Proffessor Ben Nwabueze Insist That Jonathan Should Not Go For 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.