Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective (16338 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / An Islamic Perspective On The Illuminati (A Must Read by All Muslims) / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by AbdH: 12:39am On Jul 28, 2013
tbaba1234: A death experience

…A friend of mine once shared the story of a young woman who had accepted Islam and fell sick shortly thereafter and was hospitalized. Her new Muslim companions would gather at her bedside reciting Qu'ran and keeping her company. One day one of the Muslims was reciting Qur'an and the woman started to turn her head back and forth in apparent agitation. Concerned, the Muslims asked what was wrong.

The sick woman responded by saying that it was hard to concentrate because she didn't know whom to listen to.

“What do you mean?” the Muslims asked her.

Agitated, she said to the one reciting Qur'an, “Should I listen to you and should I listen to them?”

The reciter turned and didn't see anyone. “I'm the only one reciting,” he said.

The woman, who did not know Arabic, responded saying, “I hear someone else saying, 'Yaa ayyu han-nafsul mut-ma-innah. 'Irji'ee ilaa rabbiki raaDiyya-tam marDiyyah. Fad-khulee fee 'ebaadee, wad-khulee jannatee.”

O reassured soul, Return to your Lord, well-pleased and pleasing [to Him],

And enter among My [righteous]servants,

And enter My Paradise

(Al-Fajr, 89:27-30).

A moment later, she died…

http://muslimmatters.org/2012/06/15/umm-zakiyah-are-you-a-sign-of-the-last-day/

Subhanallahi
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Tunlaztown: 3:56am On Jul 28, 2013
COUNT ME AMONG THE BELIEVER
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Goldie20: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2013
Steve Jobs? I heard he was sayin wow wow wow wow.. before his last breath..
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2013
ALISMILE: Mean no disrespect bro, may God help u.

Ok, but i am not handicapped. The purpose of being human is to be fully human,fully enhanced and have no need of no help. That is what i call human evolution.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by chakula: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2013
Being a good Muslim is my Number one priority Alhamdulillah!
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2013
stone-mind:
#TEAMatheist
Go tell them for bank. Or make u go tell GEJ
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Olufonade: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2013
May Allah (subhana wata'ala) make our end in this world an easy one and make our last word LAILAHILALLAH.

To achieve this we don't need to waite till that time. We have to work assiduously now towards it by doing all obligatory acts and see not beneficial deeds as being light.

May Allah help us towards Himself
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2013
May Allah let us die as a mumini amin
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by phunmydahdah(f): 9:48am On Jul 28, 2013
Ayoobscom: Subhanalah wabihamdihi Subhanalah liasim

No wander while my mallam (arabic teacher,chief Imam of my town) in his last moment kept saying "this is where I want to go,that place,yes that place" pointing his hand forth with ease,with his eyes already half close...Subhanalah..

Thank you @op......unlike the counterparts that visits hell fire on daily basis

"Walatanutuna ila wa antum muslimun"

And do not die except you are a Muslim...

Xtians,hinduist,budihist,traditionalist and idolaters are all a family of peganism and polytheism

Setting up ideas as God and inviting people like it is real,,attributing death,son,pain and other funny funny ideas as God

Islam is open...come on in...before you die.

hello please do not bring any religious sentiment into this. why would you say the other religions are pegan. I enjoyed write up and I was about asking if I could get the English version of the Quran. can't you make a comment without sentiments.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Usiyaro(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2013
May we die in with shahada coming out of our mouth without stress. Amin.
Allahumma inna nashadu bi'annaka antaLLAHU LA ILAHA ILLA ANT, Al-Waheedul Ahadul fardus samad, Alladhi lam yalid wa lam yulad wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan Ahad. Amin
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2013
phunmy dahdah:

hello please do not bring any religious sentiment into this. why would you say the other religions are pegan. I enjoyed write up and I was about asking if I could get the English version of the Quran. can't you make a comment without sentiments.

Google tafsir ibn kathir.

It will not only give you the English translation but will also give explanations to the verses.

May Allah guide you aright. Amin.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Usiyaro(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2013
JaaizTech: May Allah have mercy on us all and forgive us our sins. It is therefore important for us to seek forgiveness from Allah at all times especially in this month of Ramadan. It always scares me to think about it, one never knows if this is his last Ramadan, or even his last hours. May Allah preserve. our lives to witness many more Ramadans
AMEEN!!!
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2013
phunmy dahdah:

The Quran A new translation by M. A. S. ABDEL HALEEM (Oxford press) is highly recommended because of the simple language....

Pdf copy:http://asadullahali.files./2010/09/the_quran.pdf
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Usiyaro(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Samunique: All i know is that the love of God transcends every imagenation of man and religious ideology, No man is destines for distruction. For God so loved the world that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life. God loves us all ! Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddists, White or black, God is our Fathter, He loves us dearly! Happy Ramadan to all Muslims!
In islam we do not attribute God to having a family, He is ONE! No father, no mother, no brother/sister/uncle/nephew/cousin, no no no. Jesus may the peace and blessings of Allah be opon him was created without a father and it is an easy task for Allah to do anythin, by His command He said "Be! and it Be(kum fayakum) and jesus was created and so also to Adam he was created without a father and mother Allah said Be! and it Be Behold Adam was created. If Jesus was God(astagfuriLLAH) and he died for the sake of humanity for some number of days like u people say in the bible then who did he leave in charge of d world while he was dead Did he apoint ur great grand grand uncle/brother/cousin or anybody to take care of d world for him? NO! Do u think if God left you for a second without his protection or guidanance u would still be the way you are?? We believe in only One God(ALLAH) and we believe that jesus is a messenger of God( not God) and Muhammad is the last and final messenger of God. May Allah guide you and the entire christiandom, Hindu n others to the rightfull religion Al-ISLAM(peace). Amin

3 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Usiyaro(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2013
oyedun82: am not saying this to condemn ur religion. but lets think about it where will the souls of boko haram members go to? Are they godly?
Islam(peace) as the name implies is a religion of peace and anybody that does not show acts of peacefulness or does not propagate peace is not practicing islam, any muslim that intentionally kills anybody(whether christian/muslim/e.t.c) that is not a threat to his/her life is not a muslim. Those guys are not muslims, they may have muslim names but they are not muslims, a muslim name doesnt categorise you as a muslim but your deeds do and part of our deeds is to propagate peace. There are allot of people bearing muslim names and are christians( its just a name), u can have a muslim name or dress like a muslim or even be a muslim but the moment you bring in innovations( introducing something new that is contrary to the teachings of islam) into islam you have left being muslim and becoming a non muslim. Killing of innocent souls muslims/christhians/others is not the teachings/practise of islam but its an innovation so therefore they are non muslims. Besides there are also christians among them, what do u say about that??

2 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by kayword(m): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
That was a really potent reminder of what our priorities on earth should be. Jazakum lahu khairan. I heard dat during d waiting period in d grave, we wil b visited by our solaat who wil keep us company til d day of judgement. Is dis true?
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Mutee: 1:59am On Jul 29, 2013
Firstly, Alhamdulillah for this imminent reminder of the inevitable debt we all owe.

@deols, may Allah swt increase you in knowledge. Posts like this are good for the mumineen for it calls them to order.

pray: O Allah!, let me not die except in Islam.
O Allah!, let it be that the day i die, the Shahada shall be my last words.
O Allah!, knower of the unseen, grant us Janatu Firdaus as our final destination. Ammen.

JZK
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Mutee: 2:18am On Jul 29, 2013
kayword: That was a really potent reminder of what our priorities on earth should be. Jazakum lahu khairan. I heard dat during d waiting period in d grave, we wil b visited by our solaat who wil keep us company til d day of judgement. Is dis true?

very correct.

As a matter of fact, muslims are advised to avoid missing salat or delaying a salat till the time of the next. If you do, at the time when the torment of the grave is on, there won't be any salat there to keep u company.

And also endeavour to recite the Quran as much as is easy for you as i have heard that it is only the words of Allah swt that can intercede for you on the Day of Qiyaama

May Allah make it easy for us and have mercy on the souls of the departed. Ameen

1 Like

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Mutee: 2:22am On Jul 29, 2013
Usiyaro: Islam(peace) as the name implies is a religion of peace and anybody that does not show acts of peacefulness or does not propagate peace is not practicing islam, any muslim that intentionally kills anybody(whether christian/muslim/e.t.c) that is not a threat to his/her life is not a muslim. Those guys are not muslims, they may have muslim names but they are not muslims, a muslim name doesnt categorise you as a muslim but your deeds do and part of our deeds is to propagate peace. There are allot of people bearing muslim names and are christians( its just a name), u can have a muslim name or dress like a muslim or even be a muslim but the moment you bring in innovations( introducing something new that is not contrary to the teachings of islam) into islam you have left being muslim and becoming a non muslim. Killing of innocent souls muslims/christhians/others is not the teachings/practise of islam but its an innovation so therefore they are non muslims. Besides there are also christians among them, what do u say about that??

kindly take note of the sriked through word. i guess it's a mistake.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Usiyaro(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mutee:

kindly take note of the sriked through word. i guess it's a mistake.
thank u very much 4d correction, iv'e edited
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by tbaba1234: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2013

No wander while my mallam (arabic teacher,chief Imam of my town) in his last moment kept saying "this is where I want to go,that place,yes that place" pointing his hand forth with ease,with his eyes already half close...Subhanalah..

Xtians,hinduist,budihist,traditionalist and idolaters are all a family of peganism and polytheism

Setting up ideas as God and inviting people like it is real,,attributing death,son,pain and other funny funny ideas as God

@bolded

Really interesting

Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: “The martyrs are of five kinds: One who dies of plague; one who dies of disease in his stomach; the drowned; one who dies under the debris (of construction, etc.), and one who dies while fighting in the of Allah (bukhari and muslim)

Al-Miqdaam Ibn Ma’di Karib, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “A martyr has six bounties: He will be forgiven with the first drop of his blood that is spilt; He will see his place in Paradise (at the time of death); He will be saved from the ‘Great Horror’ (on the Day of Judgment): A Crown of Dignity will be placed on his head, which contains many corundums, each one being more precious than this life and all that it contains; He will have seventy two Women of Paradise; And, he will be allowed to intercede for seventy of his family members (who would have otherwise gone to hell).” [At-Tirmithi & Ibn Maaja

Take note of the bolded.. Did your imam die after a battle with illness?

And Allah knows best.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by tbaba1234: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2013

@bolded

Really interesting

Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: “The martyrs are of five kinds: One who dies of plague; one who dies of disease in his stomach; the drowned; one who dies under the debris (of construction, etc.), and one who dies while fighting in the of Allah (bukhari and muslim)

Al-Miqdaam Ibn Ma’di Karib, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “A martyr has six bounties: He will be forgiven with the first drop of his blood that is spilt; He will see his place in Paradise (at the time of death); He will be saved from the ‘Great Horror’ (on the Day of Judgment): A Crown of Dignity will be placed on his head, which contains many corundums, each one being more precious than this life and all that it contains; He will have seventy two Women of Paradise; And, he will be allowed to intercede for seventy of his family members (who would have otherwise gone to hell).” [At-Tirmithi & Ibn Maaja

Take note of the bolded.. Did your imam die after a battle with illness or an accident?

And Allah knows best.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Lalalaila(f): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
As Salamu Alykum everyone, I know this thread is kinda old but if you have time time there is a really moving and powerful lecture about the process of death in Islam told in such a unique way that it will leave its mark on you!!

The lecture is by Ahmed Sidkey and is available on Youtube, it is called a journey into the hereafter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmM0xhel1Y0 (Part One)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_AavfIt20 (Part Two)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramadan Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Fasting Begins Saturday / Islam Doesn't Teach Terrorism, Clarification Of The Quoted Qur'an Verses / "Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayers At Home" Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Muslims Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.