Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? (9493 Views)

I Do Not Work In A Cybercafe, Naijainfogalery Lied Against Me / This Might Solve Your Electrical/electronics Problem !!! / Affordable Art Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by ikilima(f): 10:24pm On May 25, 2006
i am just wondering if electronics from the united states can work
in naijah, please i need your advice.
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 12:14am On May 26, 2006
Only few stuff can work, like laptops and stuffs, you need to check the product if it can work from 110V - 230V then it can work in nigeria, stuff like laptops e.t.c.

But if not you can buy a converter probably like $40 then you can use any of your stuffs in nigeria.
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by Bossman(m): 4:35pm On May 26, 2006
Laptops, cell phones, shavers, camcorders and most other small electronics now come with the 100V- 240v power/chargers. Other electronics that list 110/240V will also work. Anything else, you will need a converter, as posted above. And for the electronics that will work without needing a converter, you will probably need an adapter. Most world phones sold nowadays already come with an adapter.
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 8:25pm On May 26, 2006
Pretty much anything can work. All you need is an adaptor. For small devices, go to radio shack and get one for $20 - $30. For bigger appliances (washer and dryer, generators, etc), still go to radio shack, and ask one of the workers where to go for heavy duty adaptors.

During my visits, I have taken many things from DVD player to Laptop to Video game consoles to boomboxes and they have all worked fine.

If you don't want to go the adaptor route, there should be an international store close to you. Usually run by Indians, they have all "universal plug and play" devices. Though at a premium, they remove the hassle of you having to buy adaptors per whatever you are taking with you.

I hope this helps
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by Bright2(m): 9:00pm On May 26, 2006
My dear just bring dem in,we do make it work.Welcome 2 Nigeria.
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 5:11am On May 27, 2006
Bright2, very true.

On a slightly different topic, I remember when my family returned in the 1980s. We had an American toyota corolla. The parts were virtually non-existent. So what did the creative mechanics do? They used VW parts and the car worked just fine smiley

Chei!! So much talent for naija, but no one bothering to harness it sad
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by ladex142(m): 2:59am On May 28, 2006
hell yeah, it can work, all you need is a converter that converts america's standard voltage to nigeria's standard voltage
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by ladex142(m): 3:04am On May 28, 2006
hell yeah, it can work, all you need is a converter that converts america's standard voltage to nigeria's standard voltage
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2006
people

I am trying to get some consoles from the U.S and they are clearly marked (U.S) some marked as JP-japanese, will they work with any games ? you know they way dvd n videos have regions n some dont play other regions dvds

any1 understand? help?
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2006
nope, each place has its own version, the US version is NTSC 4gotten the name for the Japanese but it can play each others CDs unless it is chipped
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:34am On Jun 05, 2006
but it can play each others CDs unless it is chipped

do u mean can't? play,

e.g If i buy a PSP console from yankee and if i buy a game from the U.K will it work? or if i want to buy a game in lagos will i have to ask for the american version?

cheers
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 1:37am On Jun 05, 2006
nahh PSP you have to buy NTSC(american) or PAL(european) so you have to be specific with one
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:44am On Jun 05, 2006
thanks man wink
Re: Can US Electronics Work In Nigeria? by vokalguy(m): 2:35am On Jul 12, 2006
I would not advise anybody 2 buy a US console 2 use in Nigeria, its a big risk u'll regret cus of d difference in power voltage

(1) (Reply)

Dashing Out Recharge Cards To Celebrate My 100th Thread On Nairaland. / How To Use Latest Spark VPN Settings File For MTN Free Browsing Cheat 2018 / GLO Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat Codes For June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.