Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. (749 Views)

Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage / Sex And Prayers: My Experience / Roman Catholicism Exposed! Who Is This Mother And Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by autofreak2020(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
If you are ever in position to vote between
SAME SEX MARRIAGE & CHILD MARRIAGE,
which one will you vote? Imagine a position
where one must be passed into law, sooner
or later in this country, same sex marriage
will see the light of the day with
constitutional backing. Generally, same sex
marriage is damn allien to our culture and
traditions, but getting married at a very
early age is neigther absurd nor ludicrous in
our culture whether Hausa,Yoruba or Igbo,
do you ever care about the age at which
your grand mothers or great grand mothers
got married to their husbands? I do not
encourage any of these but let assume that
we must choose one out of the two.
HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU ALL
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS MY STATE
GOD BLESS ME.
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by badmeat(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Must u chose between two evils
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
bad meat: Must u chose between two evils

I wonder too!

The OP presents us with an impractical scenario and wants us to apply it to real life...
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I wonder too!

The OP presents us with an impractical scenario and wants us to apply it to real life...

well thats because your god thought its right to outlaw samesex marriage while he forgot to give laws on child marriage...smh

3 Likes

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

well thats because your god thought its right to outlaw samesex marriage while he forgot to give laws on child marriage...smh

You haven't the slightest idea!
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

You haven't the slightest idea!

Shut up! Ooman is right.

Your God forgot to complain about child marriage which is evil. Instead, your God went to focus on what 2 adult men or women do in their privacy to ban gay marriage.

This is not a God to worship. He is quite irrational

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up! Ooman is right.

Your God forgot to complain about child marriage which is evil. Instead, your God went to focus on what 2 adult men or women do in their privacy to ban gay marriage.

This is not a God to worship. He is quite irrational

And the above is supposed to make some sense to me?

Go pick on someone who knows next to nothing about these things!
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

#butthurt

3 Likes

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

#butthurt

Is that your word of the week?

2 Likes

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

oh striktlymi, if there is one thing I ve known about you, its you know how to keep quiet when you have been beaten.

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

oh striktlymi, if there is one thing I ve known about you, its you know how to keep quiet when you have been beaten.

So true....soooo true!!!

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

Beaten ke

There has been no conversation, let alone an argument...I hope you don't need me to define an argument for you?
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Beaten ke

There has been no conversation, let alone an argument...I hope you don't need me to define an argument for you?

am sure you understand what I mean, you are just looking for a way out...I wont take the bait tongue

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

am sure you understand what I mean, you are just looking for a way out...I wont take the bait tongue

Bait ke

Surely, you must be referring to yourself!!!

Go back and check again!
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Bait ke

Surely, you must be referring to yourself!!!

Go back and check again!

oh that I ve done... tongue

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

oh that I ve done... tongue

You and LB are obviously looking for some real debate but I aint obliging this time.
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

You and LB are obviously looking for some real debate but I aint obliging this time.

oh..I ve got enough debate on my neck...the recent one to which I have no answer and deepsight and davidylan are having a good week celebrating their victory, so sorry, you are wrong...

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

oh..I ve got enough debate on my neck...the recent one to which I have no answer and deepsight and davidylan are having a good week celebrating their victory, so sorry, you are wrong...

...are you referring to the 'no debate' Deep put up? Tell me something else!
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

...are you referring to the 'no debate' Deep put up? Tell me something else!

hmmmm....this worries me...what do you mean by the words in quote?
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

hmmmm....this worries me...what do you mean by the words in quote?

Precisely what it says: a 'no debate'.
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Precisely what it says: a 'no debate'.

according to my understanding, a "no debate" is something indisputable. Is this right and why?

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

according to my understanding, a "no debate" is something indisputable. Is this right and why?

Yes, you are right in a sense...

The debate is about a bunch of things Evolution and the 'Big b.ang' do not claim...if there is no claim, why should there be a debate in the first place?
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Yes, you are right in a sense...

The debate is about a bunch of things Evolution and the 'Big b.ang' do not claim...if there is no claim, why should there be a debate in the first place?

well, you may not notice but that's what I later pointed out......evolution is a process in progress, not magic, so it doesn't have all answers presently...why this understanding from you, a xtian, its baffling but cool...I might have to change my opinion about "some" xtians if you keep this up...

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman:

well, you may not notice but that's what I later pointed out......evolution is a process in progress, not magic, so it doesn't have all answers presently...why this understanding from you, a xtian, its baffling but cool...I might have to change my opinion about "some" xtians if you keep this up...

Lol!!!

Actually, I aint following the thread but saw the topic and the OP...and in my view, there is nothing to debate about. Now, guy your excuse of looking for answers to that thread does not cut it tongue...

That thread, in my opinion, is only an application of reverse psychology. Searching for answers to it is akin to bringing God physically to nairaland to prove your case.
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by ooman(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^^hmm...nice try...I never said my "excuse" was an answer...if anything, you are right, its an excuse...but an excuse for what exactly? for lack of answers? evolution does not claim all answers presently and all evolutionists know this so I think its no excuse, its the truth.

the thread shouldn't have gone that far but to err is human.....am out man....nice chat sha.... tongue

1 Like

Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
ooman: ^^^hmm...nice try...I never said my "excuse" was an answer...if anything, you are right, its an excuse...but an excuse for what exactly? for lack of answers? evolution does not claim all answers presently and all evolutionists know this so I think its no excuse, its the truth.

the thread shouldn't have gone that far but to err is human.....am out man....nice chat sha.... tongue

Enjoy!!!
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2013
@OP.

I would vote against underage marriage not because I'm in support of homosexual but because a girl of 6 can hardly make a decision of her own. I find this to be abusive and exploitative since marriage should be a decision of two consenting adults. However, homosexual to me is disgusting and weird, I think the right of people to choose their partners regardless of gender should be allowed...

Note: like homosexual, I'm not absolutely against underage marriage, in a situation like that of the OP I would vote against it.
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Joycelyntee366(f): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Same-sex marriage is a sin against God whether u like it or not.....under age marriage simply put is CHILD ABUSE.....none of dem is an option
Re: Between Same Sex And Child Marriage. by Kay17: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2013
The beauty about this episode is the stark hypocrisy shown the religious conservatives. And that their real fear was the fear of the future.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Charity Aisha Uzoechina Of Etsu Nupe's Palace: Was She Dickmatized Or Islamized? / Is Jesus God? If Yes, Please Share Your Proof! / Anti Christ Soon Be Reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.