Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? (14475 Views)

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / Star Maggi Vs Knorr Cube Maggi: Which Is Best For Cooking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Nosu(m): 12:13am On May 26, 2006
For me l don't use maggi and my food taste sweet. l just want to know ur opinion if it is a must for one to use magi for. yes/no give ur reason and specify which maggi u like best.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by dominobaby(f): 3:34pm On May 27, 2006
I prefer Knorr Chicken cubes for that chicken flavour or in its absence i use Maggi Karri or just plain Knorr cubes.

I sure can do without a maggi, only if i have enough of other spices.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by molluma(f): 5:18pm On May 28, 2006
royco
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by dominobaby(f): 8:16pm On May 28, 2006
Royco? I so love their tv adverts, but i don't like the maggi.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by vickybabe(f): 12:57am On Jun 07, 2006
knorr chicken

all da way
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by ikamefa(f): 3:56am On Jun 07, 2006
yes i use maggi cube for  some dishes, i would rather cook without it, i preffer the natural iru pete(yoruba name) that is the fermented beans(it smells like sh***t) in soups like ogbono, ewedu,efo elegusi but the outcome is totally delicious
umm yum yum!
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by beyunce(f): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2006
Know

in and out.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by swan(f): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2006
FOR ME ,MAGGI STAR WAS AND STILL REMAINS THE BEST!MOST CUBES BEEN PRODUCED NOW ARE'NT WELL COMPOSED AS MAGGI STAR.ROYCO HAS BECOME SALTY,KNORR ADDS LITTLE OR NO SWEETNESS ,EXCEPT YOU INCREASE THE NUMBER OF CUBES,AS FOR DOYIN & CO , I USE THEM WHEN WHEN THE DESIRABLE IS NOT AVAILABLE. tongue
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by kiwibabe(f): 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2006
I love the jumbo maggi powder that you get over in the UK. it comes in many flavours such as prawn, beef, chicken etc, I think it is great as the powder last a long time and you get to measure your own quantity for use in foods.

I also like to use knorr cubes when making moi moi as they dissolve easily, and do not leave yellow maggi lumps in you r food.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Coco29(f): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2006
u should read what is in those cubes and what they can do to us (black people) how ever i use vegetable stock cubes from whole food shop. NO ADDED PRESEVATIVES OR CHICKEN SKIN FAT.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Ynot(m): 3:13am On Jun 28, 2006
COCO29:

u should read what is in those cubes and what they can do to us (black people) how ever i use vegetable stock cubes from whole food shop. NO ADDED PRESEVATIVES OR CHICKEN SKIN FAT.

The maggi cube contain MSG (Monosodium glutamate), a very harmful food additive.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by dollypee1(f): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
DERS dIS NEW MAGI IN NIGERIA NOW "SUBI OR SUPPI?",GOSH I LOVE IT!  SMELLS LIKE CURRY POWDER.ANYTHING GOES 4 MII REALLY EVEN MAGGI ONIYO.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by michy(f): 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2006
knorr
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Ndi(f): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2006
i use Knorr Chicken Flavour for all my cooking, the salt content is mild compared to that of Knorr Cube & Maggi cube.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Bisiriyu: 11:07am On Jul 12, 2006
simply knorr cubes
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by MerC2(f): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2006
Knorr
I simply love the taste smiley
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by omobamital(f): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2006
I can prepare my food without using maggi but
i prefer SUPPY.
I gives you a great taste taste and nice aroma.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by snazzydawn(f): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2006
I prefer Royco cube.It brings out the flavour of food so well,especially when combined with good curry powder.
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by sweetnini(f): 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2006
Royco
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by drogba(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2006
I prefer ajino-moto
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by EmemJU(f): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2006
Why are all seasonings called maggi? Could it be because it seems to b
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by onyiio(f): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2006
They generic name for all is SEASONINS. Maggi is only a product name, like knorr, soupy and the rest of them.

is like asking which Maclean or close up do you prefer.  rather than say which toothpaste do you prefer.

hope u got the info, education is important ooo, loooooooolll
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2006
onyiio:

They generic name for all is SEASONINS. Maggi is only a product name, like knorr, soupy and the rest of them.

is like asking which Maclean or close up do you prefer. rather than say which toothpaste do you prefer.

hope u got the info, education is important ooo, loooooooolll

MAGGI IS A HOUSEHOLD NAME FOR ALL SEASONINGS. BUT THANKS SHA FOR THE CORRECTION

FOR NOW, I THINK I PREFER ROYCO, BUT I CAN DO WITHOUT ANY SEASONING
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by dollypee1(f): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2006
in ibadan most pple call everytoothpaste mclean,whatever name pple give to it ,oba number mi mu! cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Makeda(f): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2006
I use the Maggi Chicken cubes or I use the Knorr Chicken cubes. My husband loves the Maggi on his rice. smiley
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Chay(f): 12:57am On Sep 15, 2006
knorr cubes
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2006
Knorr cubes,star cubes and onga
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by izbu: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2006
God plz let my man like know cube
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Oracle(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2006
I think itz called seasoning and not "maggi". Maggi is a particular type of seasoning

Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by dblock(m): 2:28am On Sep 25, 2006
maggi sucks but i like this billboard

Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by Wumine(f): 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2006
Knorr cubes
Re: Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? by yebarbie(f): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2006
Thre cube i prefer most is Knorr Chicken. I think it is the best. In the absence of this I use ordinary knorr. Suppy is also very good. One can never know unless it is tried.
Bon appetit!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer / Chin Chin Vs Biscuits: Which Do You Like More And Why? / Which City In Nigeria This Fruit Can Be Find, What Is It Called In English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.