Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

The Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Heart (1140 Views)

Isis Are Barbarians – But The Caliphate Is A Dream At The Heart Of All Muslims / So The Human Heart Is Deceitful - The Difference Between The Heart And Mind. / Psalms 50 - Reveals The Heart And Mind Of God On Giving/tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Heart by esamfor2(m): 2:23pm On May 27, 2008
TO ALL CHRISTIAN NAIRALANDERS

JEREMIAH 17 VS 9

Make comparisons between these Bible versions of the scriptural verse above and say what you know about it to the best of your knowledge.

KJV The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

RSV The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately corrupt; who can understand it?

ASV The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?

YLT Crooked is the heart above all things, And it is incurable--who doth know it?

BBE The heart is a twisted thing, not to be searched out by man: who is able to have knowledge of it?

DBY The heart is deceitful above all things, and incurable; who can know it?

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO
Re: The Heart by esamfor2(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2008
Still expecting responses

Thanks
Re: The Heart by AKO1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2008
e_samfor2:

Still expecting responses

Thanks

Arent they self explanatory
Re: The Heart by moses001: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2008
be specific!!!!
Re: The Heart by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2008
So boooooring!!!
Re: The Heart by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2008
Try meditating on the Latin translation:

Jer 17:9 => Pravum est cor omnium, et inscrutabile: quis cognoscet illud?
Re: The Heart by AKO1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2008
@poster youre new, if you had not been viewing the board frequently as a guest.

Word of advice: Many of the 'hottest' threads are arguments. Threads like this that only discuss a particular subject without any arguments are usually found boring by most n'landers

Hope you get some good responses though smiley
Re: The Heart by olabowale(m): 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2008
The prophet said of the heart: There is a piece of Muscle under the cage of the breast. If it is sound (spiritually healthy), the whole body is sound (as in true belief). However when it is deseased (as in disbelief or wrong belief), the whole body is sick (as in giving in to evil and disbelief).

He also said that when a person accumulates sins, the heart gets dark as a result of the sins being dark spots on the heart. When one makes repentance and it is accepted by God, the darkness of the heart begins to disappear.

The hear is very important in the spiritual consciousness of man.
Re: The Heart by AKO1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2008
olabowale:

The prophet said of the heart: There is a piece of Muscle under the cage of the breast. If it is sound (spiritually healthy), the whole body is sound (as in true belief). However when it is deseased (as in disbelief or wrong belief), the whole body is sick (as in giving in to evil and disbelief).

He also said that when a person accumulates sins, the heart gets dark as a result of the sins being dark spots on the heart. When one makes repentance and it is accepted by God, the darkness of the heart begins to disappear.

The hear is very important in the spiritual consciousness of man.

No offence but you didnt answer the question in its context.
Re: The Heart by olabowale(m): 10:38pm On Jun 01, 2008
@Pastor AIO: For a heart not to be intensed in wanting to deceive and incorrigible, it has to be immensed in belief. That is exactly what i have stated in my prior entry.

It means that the more belief enters the heart, the greater is the God consciousness and easier is for the heart to stay guided.
Re: The Heart by Lady2(f): 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2008
@Pastor AIO: For a heart not to be intensed in wanting to deceive and incorrigible, it has to be immensed in belief. That is exactly what i have stated in my prior entry.

It means that the more belief enters the heart, the greater is the God consciousness and easier is for the heart to stay guided.

First of all, when did you become a Christian.
Second, no Christian cares for what the prophet says.
Third, have some respect for Christian threads not to input Qu'ranic verses into it.
Fourth, you still didn't answer the question.
Re: The Heart by olabowale(m): 12:34am On Jun 03, 2008
@~Lady~: I thought what beats under my breast bone is a heart. I did not see this thread as Christian only thread. When you discuss heart, I think everyone, alive should have a say, because everyone has a heart. But if you now say that when body parts, eg, tongue, eyes, etc are discussed, and they will be exclusively for christians, I think you would have turned this to the Ibadan people cynical concept that they have against Ijebu people.

The Ibadans will say are Ijebus humans or Ijebus? Of course they want you choose one, whereas you actually can be one without the other. (It like love and marriage). lol.
Re: The Heart by AKO1(m): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2008
olabowale:

I did not see this thread as Christian only thread.

Olabowale I wish you were a christian but the poster was very specific:
TO ALL CHRISTIAN NAIRALANDERS

Also, when the bible talks about the heart, it does not refer to your physical heart. Its talking about your spiritual heart. This may be hard to understand but thats the fact.

For instance, the bible says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. If this is so (and it is), why do some good christians die of heart failure?
Re: The Heart by olabowale(m): 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2008
@A_K_O: Thanks, man. Just because the poster who is a christian started out with Biblical quote, the only thing that he knows, anyhow, will not mean that it is a christian only thread.

But would a person not die, even if he thinks that he a good spiritual heart (eg the spiritually aware christians), if what think is holy, is actually unholy? Let me make it clear to you. here in the USA, a country that I know more than my blood country, Nigeria, the decision maker block based on one man and one vote, are white people. I see them flip on a dime when they want to have their ways; What is horrific, they make it seemly good. Maybe knowingly or unknowingly. But they get their ways anyway.

This is the case with Christianity: To think that there three distinct entities in One God, provides a foundamentally flawed base, whereby everything build upon it is completely wrong, even if it looks correct. It is correct on a wrong premise/assumptions. Such a conclusion can never be truly correct.
Re: The Heart by esamfor2(m): 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2008
I've made it quite simple so as to avoid people that would argue to the wrong side of it, that's why i specified to christian nairlanders and not only that, say what u know to the best of ur knowledge. But I appreciate ur contributions so far, most especially Olabowale & A K O

Let's analyse it in these ways "the heart is deceitful", "wicked", "incurable", "who can understand it?

The heart is deceitful
First, looking into this in the normal sense, some ppl like to discuss, chat or give advice just to place their good image(s) in the HEARTS of those around them but they mean another thing right inside of them.
Second, spiritually, many ppl claim or present themselves to be true and holy worshippers of God but the status of their HEART doesn't confirm with what they claimed to be. They do this merely by the tongue but the HEART is really far from God. May I ask, are u like this? Give an answer to this right inside ur HEART

Wicked
You know in this world that we are, if u're the type who likes to do good, ppl will like to hail you in ur presence but in the HEART, majority sets a trap for u in ur absence. Hope u understand that well? NAIJAS

Incurable
It seems Olabowale gets me clear in this aspect. Yes that's true that when the HEART accumulates sin, its becomes spiritually sick and needs a cure. This is not a physical medical cure anyway. It is only the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST that can cure the sickness of the HEART and make it a well spring for the Holy Spirit to dwell in it and make the HEART free from deceit and wickedness. Is that right or not?

Who can understand it?
The HEART is the wildest element to study. It is difficult for any other person to understand what is right in ur own HEART (i.e. ur thoughts). Even in some instances, u just discover that u don't understand urself anymore. Has this happened to u before? Anyway in all situations, God understands u more than how u do.

If u have any other thing against or in support of the above analysis, pls u're free to make it known. This is a forum to share our experiences and knowledge.

Thanks.
Re: The Heart by moses001: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2008
exam date
interview ,

thanks for trying to help
Re: The Heart by esamfor2(m): 9:10am On Jun 15, 2008
exam date
interview ,

What do u mean? Moses001

U've not contributed anything so far either in support or against my analysis. I only expected to say what u know.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Marry A Divorced Lady (or A Divorced Man) / Why Atheists Care About Your Religion / Is Christianity A Racist Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.