Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,316 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial (33165 Views)

Jose Mourinho Takes A Jab At Arsene Wenger Over Arsenal’s Transfer Spending... / Mourinho Agrees With Wenger Over FIFA Ballon D'or / Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by deyhollu: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
Mr OBAOBONA, u might be the best Nigerian defender @ the AFCON but u are currently playing in a League even the Locals do not reckon with. why not put ur ego aside & prove it to wenger that u are better than Vermaleen (on current form). arsenal can be ur springboard to greater things. Is there any IT guru @ computer village that will reject the opportunity of an interview @ MICROSOFT Inc

2 Likes

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by COOLDUN: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: bros dis is nt mata of coward or long throat! If I dy e shoe born dat tin,I go don go tey tey! Arsenal no b small club!

Wht Arsenal wanted 2 do is 2 play him along wit his age group/mate 2 see if he is lyin abt his age or can stand d pace wit his mate! No playa is bigger dan trials

This shows that you don't know football at all, you can't invite an already national team player with a trophy for trial , if they want a player for their feathers team they would have gone for players from our youth teams.

Did Falcao who forged age go through a feathers team before playing in Europe? i said it here last time that every country cheat with age and some people who don't know anything about football and the western people called me names.

It is never a good thing to invite a players of Oboabona's caliber for a trial in any club, because he is an already tested player. He has 100% right to shun the invitation. Most of the players he buys from French clubs to Arsenal can't even match Oboabona's skills. Let him save himself this embarrassment, if Oboabona jumps to this invitation, he might end up not making the national team again because he would end up on the loaning object till his football finishes.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by dipo1: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
If he doesn't like Arsenal he should just say it. Every institution has their own policy. Arsenal decided they would like a trial before signing him, fine. Player decides he is better than a trial at Arsenal, fine.
Time will tell if his qualify is such that he shouldn't even be tried at Arsenal.
For those mentioning IBRA, Ibra is world class. He made a right choice to decline a trial at arsenal, but is any player an IBRA?
Anyways I dont believe the info. Any player moving from Naija league to a champions league team should be tried IMO
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nomski0: I think he should just go for the trial......the worst that could happen is that he wont be signed.
With time, Nigerian players will hopefully be given more respect......right now, he should let sleeping dogs lie.
you kukuma sound like a non football fan...sleeping dogs lie... A PHLEGMATIC indeed!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Rossikk(m): 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
dipo+:

Anyways I dont believe the info. Any player moving from Naija league to a champions league team should be tried IMO

Obaobona has already been 'TRIED' against the BEST in the world, and has come up TOP NOTCH. What further INFERIOR 'TRIAL' does Arsenal want to do? They want to test if he can trap ball? If he has positional sense? If WENGER could not ALREADY SPOT those qualities of Obaobona, when even ordinary mortals like us could, then NO WONDER HE'S WON NOTHING IN TEN YEARS, AS HE LACKS A FOOTBALL BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by 01mcfadden(m): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: bros dis is nt mata of coward or long throat! If I dy e shoe born dat tin,I go don go tey tey! Arsenal no b small club!

Wht Arsenal wanted 2 do is 2 play him along wit his age group/mate 2 see if he is lyin abt his age or can stand d pace wit his mate! No playa is bigger dan trials
[color=#990000][/color]
Taaaar! Dere ar players dt ar bigger dan trial,dnt tel me chelchit wl ask Rooney 2 cum 4 trial b4 dey wl sign him or Man chity askin C ronaldo 2 cum nd do same!
Dere ar many players dat ar biger dan trial...
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Osogagba(m): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Any wonder Arsenal has won absolutely nothing in the past 8 years? While other EPL dey struggle to improve on the asking fees of clubs of players dem want desperately Arsene Wenger still dey turn the goods up and down like women wey dey price fish for Dugbe market. Instead make im talk say e no get money e wan use d nonsense called trials to embarrass our defender. I support you jare Oboabona. E good as you no go. Arsenal na the worst aka araldite team wey I don see for EPL. Dem for even offer you slave wages if to say you go and pass dem yeye trials. Wait a little. More serious teams will definitely come for you. Soon.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by dipo1: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
my take is: go for trial, if they want to sign you, you can decide that you want $1M per week if you want.
Also if he clinches the deal with Arsenal and is really as good as he is described, real or barca or some other big club will surely buy him from Arsenal.
I hope Wenger is not his only admirer though
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
deyhollu: Mr OBAOBONA, u might be the best Nigerian defender @ the AFCON but u are currently playing in a League even the Locals do not reckon with. why not put ur ego aside & prove it to wenger that u are better than Vermaleen (on current form). arsenal can be ur springboard to greater things. Is there any IT guru @ computer village that will reject the opportunity of an interview @ MICROSOFT Inc
abi trial
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
dipo+:
my take is: go for trial, if they want to sign you, you can decide that you want $1M per week if you want.
Also if he clinches the deal with Arsenal and is really as good as he is described, real or barca or some other big club will surely buy him from Arsenal.
I hope Wenger is not his only admirer though

Trials are for untested players...................!

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
Rossikk:

Obaobona has already been 'TRIED' against the BEST in the world, and has come up TOP NOTCH. What further INFERIOR 'TRIAL' does Arsenal want to do? They want to test if he can trap ball? If he has positional sense? If WENGER could not ALREADY SPOT those qualities of Obaobona, when even ordinary mortals like us could, then NO WONDER HE'S WON NOTHING IN TEN YEARS, AS HE LACKS A FOOTBALL BRAIN.
ten years u say why is he not sack den? And they are still begging him to stay dont forget PSG also want him is it becos he so dumbs? And i dont think there is any nigeria coach better than him why not show him some respect his old enough to be ur grandpa.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by denitro(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
The guy should go and sit down, he is not quality material for my club.
He should grab the opportunity with both hands.
The premiership is very competitive and no child's play
If he is good, he should prove himself... SIMPLE
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Austinodark(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool:

Learn his lesson for not signing Obaobona? ROTFLMAO.. Arsenal even rates Djourou (one of their worst defenders) over Obaobona. He thinks English Premiership is Nations Cup, Confederation Cup or Sunshine Stars. Hisssss.
See badbelle,on top a small trophyless club like Arsenal
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by abifoluwa: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool: The guy thinks Arsene Wenger is a Learner? and just in the game of football without any brains. LOL. The professor will school him in different languages. He speaks 3 fluent languages (English, French and German), and he speaks a little Italian, Spanish and amazingly Japanese!
what does wenger speaking 3 languages has to do with the topic?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Austinodark: See badbelle,on top a small trophyless club like Arsenal
then let him go to a club dat wins trophy now abi na only arsenal dey ni
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by abysirius(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:
dont get me wrong,not even accusing you of that.if its some unknown Nigerian player,yea its understandable,but an established member of one of AFRICA's best teams,its a slap.how many experienced members of other top national teams get called for trials...maybe if your country is macedonia,or one of those unknown teams
What did u mean establish! Was Toure not in the Ivorian National Team before he was given a trial at Arsenal? Pls check ur record and get ur facts clear! He was part of his national team. He went for trial and was signed straight from Asec Mimosa. I guess 2002 or so. Pls stop all these trash and let the young man go get his grove back otherwise he'll end up wasting his career.

Some are even refering to the case of Taiye Taiwo... Apart from Mikel and Messi in Netherland 2005, I didn't see any other player that did better than Taiwo. Besides, he went to France where almost all African players start from in Europe. I can go on and mention over 30 good and better players in South Africa 2013 AFCON without Oboabona find his place amidst them. So who is he that he feels he's too big to be called for trial at Arsenal? Is either the story is not true or he's just being egocentric! Tick says the clock...
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Austinodark(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
ideylaff: Funny people are slamming Arsenal..

Please read up guys....Trophies alone dont make clubs say what you like Arsenal is big

Forbes' list of the most valuable football clubs

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs[/url]

http://www.forbes.com/teams/arsenal/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2013/07/15/forbes-announces-the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-team/

Rankings as of 17 April 2013.[1]

Rank Team Country Value ($M)[2] % change
on year Revenue ($M)
1 Real Madrid Spain 3,300 76 650
2 Manchester United England 3,165 42 502
3 Barcelona Spain 2,600 99 613
4 Arsenal England 1,326 3 368
5 Bayern Munich Germany 1,309 6 468
6 Milan Italy 945 -4 326
7 Chelsea England 901 18 409
8 Juventus Italy 694 17 248
9 Manchester City England 689 35 362
10 Liverpool England 651 5 296

Obaobona's loss if you ask me...
Oboagbona wants to win TROPHIES!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
Austinodark: Oboagbona wants to win TROPHIES!
why not sign him your club then atleast he can win one dere
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
abysirius: What did u mean establish! Was Toure not in the Ivorian National Team before he was given a trial at Arsenal? Pls check ur record and get ur facts clear! He was part of his national team. He went for trial and was signed straight from Asec Mimosa. I guess 2002 or so. Pls stop all these trash and let the young man go get his grove back otherwise he'll end up wasting his career.

Some are even refering to the case of Taiye Taiwo... Apart from Mikel and Messi in Netherland 2005, I didn't see any other player that did better than Taiwo. Besides, he went to France where almost all African players start from in Europe. I can go on and mention over 30 good and better players in South Africa 2013 AFCON without Oboabona find his place amidst them. So who is he that he feels he's too big to be called for trial at Arsenal? Is either the story is not true or he's just being egocentric! Tick says the clock...

People with false info just to win an argument, he wasn't playing in the national team before the trial, infact he was not even 20 then, he was already in europe but not NT.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaya_Touré
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by dipo1: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Trials are for untested players...................!

One confederations cup outing or afcon is not the test you want for a player that will be taking on the speed demons that the epl wingers are. He can go to France with the confedears cup 'test' but not England.
If Wenger didnt rate him, he wouldn't give him a trial in the first place.
Playing week in week out in England is a different things from what obaobana is presently doing
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ibietela2(m): 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Freddieyankee:

Agreed 101% go play in other European countries, win trophies and even make good money than going to arsenal that pays peanut

That peanut is worth MILLIONS here in your country
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ibietela2(m): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

So the championship now better than our league? Pls stick to what you know.

Is trial also better than AFCON and Conf cup?

Is that not the second league to premiership league??
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
dipo+:

One confederations cup outing or afcon is not the test you want for a player that will be taking on the speed demons that the epl wingers are. He can go to France with the confedears cup 'test' but not England.
If Wenger didnt rate him, he wouldn't give him a trial in the first place.
Playing week in week out in England is a different things from what obaobana is presently doing

He has played more than 15 games with the SE, currently the captain of sunshine stars, he said "WENGER, GO HUG TRANSFORMER, I NO DO TRIALS", why do you want to decide for him? within a year, a serious club'll sign him up without a 'useless trial' where 90% are not picked. Show me any french player wenger bought who went on trial!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:
well,howmuch do u think arsenal will have to pay to have those players in their team?
whic player?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
I-pledge:
u dnt ve integrity
u dat hv teach me
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by dipo1: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

He has played more than 15 games with the SE, currently the captain of sunshine stars, he said "WENGER, GO HUG TRANSFORMER, I NO DO TRIALS", why do you want to decide for him? within a year, a serious club'll sign him up without a 'useless trial' where 90% are not picked. Show me any french player wenger bought who went on trial!

Time will tell what 'serious' club he could be playing for straight from Naija league. Show me any player that got signed to 'serious' team from Nigerian football league
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ibietela2(m): 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

People with false info just to win an argument, he wasn't playing in the national team before the trial, infact he was not even 20 then, he was already in europe but not NT.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaya_Touré

The other TOURÉ
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Austeenxx: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Buhahahas! This dude is cray! grin grin

The dude is comparing himself with Neymar?! shocked shocked

This man must be high on expired Ijebu garri. grin grin grin

**falls down from garri tree** grin grin
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
dipo+:

Time will tell what 'serious' club he could be playing for straight from Naija league. Show me any player that got signed to 'serious' team from Nigerian football league
help ask am ooo maybe he meant cska moscow or sparta moscow and d likes not top teams in top five league
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
hmmm.. I finaly made frontpage!

By the way,i so much like the guy's courage and sense of pride. Why invite a regular in SE and a captain of a club for a trial? Thats an insult to him and to the whole of the Africa.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by CrazyGooner(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kolo Toure joined Arsenal from Asec Mimosa of Abidjan after a short trial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

William Troost-Ekong And His Girlfriend Step Out Together / Real Madrid Re-Appoints Zinedine Zidane As Manager / Obafemi Martins Poses With His Ferrari Spider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.