Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,009 members, 7,956,747 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial (33401 Views)

Jose Mourinho Takes A Jab At Arsene Wenger Over Arsenal’s Transfer Spending... / Mourinho Agrees With Wenger Over FIFA Ballon D'or / Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Royou: 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gbenga Okunowo 3SC to Barcelona, Played right-full back under Louis Van Gaal

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by zerocool(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Osogagba: Any wonder Arsenal has won absolutely nothing in the past 8 years? While other EPL dey struggle to improve on the asking fees of clubs of players dem want desperately Arsene Wenger still dey turn the goods up and down like women wey dey price fish for Dugbe market. Instead make im talk say e no get money e wan use d nonsense called trials to embarrass our defender. I support you jare Oboabona. E good as you no go. Arsenal na the worst aka araldite team wey I don see for EPL. Dem for even offer you slave wages if to say you go and pass dem yeye trials. Wait a little. More serious teams will definitely come for you. Soon.

So you mean that if Wenger signs Obaobona and other players, he will win the EPL? Lol. There are so many clowns on Nairaland. Lets wait and see where Obaobona ends up with this utterance of his.

It is a pity I will see him during Christmas in December when I pay a visit to my Akure town.

I am sure he will be boasting in the near future about how great Arsenal offered him a trial and wanted to sign him.

Arsenal don't sign players that much, they only show interest. They will dangle the meat in your face. Lol. I love Arsene.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by zerocool(m): 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
abifoluwa: what does wenger speaking 3 languages has to do with the topic?

Because he is wiser and more experienced with football than your Lame comments.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by zerocool(m): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Austeenxx: Buhahahas! This dude is cray! grin grin

The dude is comparing himself with Neymar?! shocked shocked

This man must be high on expired Ijebu garri. grin grin grin

**falls down from garri tree** grin grin

Dont mind him. I am waiting patiently for the club that signs him. He thinks English Premiership is Sunshine Stars or Nations Cup. Jay Jay Okocha self couldn't go past Bolton in EPL top flight. Osaze self..see the club he is in EPL. He thinks it is beans and he is not being sensible comparing himself to NEYMAR!!!

An average defender opening mouth to compare self with a top attacker.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
ibietela2:

The other TOURÉ
SEE DEM CHANGING QUOTE MIDSENTENCE
CHAI NAIJA AND DODGING....WHERE DID I MENTION TOURE OR WHATEVER,I SAID YAYA TOURE
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Monjerk: 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
All I see here r poor n hungry pple with poor man mentality, because of hardd currency, we tend to loose our sense of reasoning. The same way our fore father drank gin n gave out pple 2 white for slavery. The young man mke a nice dicision for himself n some pple r here talking trash. I just pity some pple in dis country.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: whic player?
yaya toure and zlatan? including drogba
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: help ask am ooo maybe he meant cska moscow or sparta moscow and d likes not top teams in top five league
that trend stopped when players refused to respect their status as Nigerian players.Nigerian players used to get signed by major clubs but now we go to far flung countries all in the name of hard currency.that is why i am fpor his stance.it has to change.thats why other african countries started catching up with Nigeria becos we refused to appreciate our status as top football players
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Austinodark: Oboagbona wants to win TROPHIES!
no minddem,like arsenal go give am stake for the club.dem baba kanu sef na THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICES HE GET
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Afam4eva(m): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
I see a lot of shallow comments here and i cringe at how hollow the mentality of some Nigerians are. The players that are called up for trials are playing that were discovered by scouts and these players are given the opportunity to prove themselves. It's an insult for this treatment to be extended to a player that has played at the highest stage. So, for players like that, it's either the club wants to buy them outrightly or not. I support Obaobona abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Obiagu1(m): 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wenger is really an ancient man, his species have all died off.
He missed signing Ibra because the teenager refused his silly trial not to talk of Oboabona that's already a full international with Nigeria and a regular and a champion.

I wonder when an unknown quantity like Oscar was tried at Chelsea.

Just hope Tottenham dump Arsenal from the top 4 this time around.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: djourou nd senderos,(2 worst arsenal defenders pair 4 tournament witout conceding any goal) while didn't he(oboabona) nd omeruo do dsame at afcon or cofcup
they did in d final
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by uchman77: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
False story. if oboabona or what is he called got to iv, he wil be more than happy. nb he earning is less than 100k a month and he cant boast of reg salary even div 10 in england is better than nig charity league where debt is the other of the day.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
ideylaff:

Arsenal had Thierry Henry, Ian Wright, Patric Vieira in the team when they told Abramovic to do trials... was he a mega star then no...

so whats all the noise about....

Whos has turned out more starts and top players than Wenger. the rest buy them when they are made.

Wenger gives kids chances... how many more team have kids playing week in week out...

Obaobona u don old, if you nor old fear nor go catch you to prove us wrong...

You wan dey mess a whole Wenger up/begin yap oyinbo then why we dey send awa coaches for training for oyinbo land and not within Nigeria. or Africa.

You cannot have your cake and eat it at the sametime

Wenger does not need trophies to make his mark. hes past achievements speaks volumes....big time

Why are we so full of ourselves back home self....one player wey nor get nada exposure wan dey yeye person wey don dey d game for over 25 years.

LOLZ very funny sha

bro which player did arsenal make. they bought. van Persie fabregas henry viera bergkamp chamberlain walcot song flamini wilshere ramsey. and many more. so pls tell me which player is from arsenal academy
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Obiagu1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
If after a trial and Oboabona proves that he is better than those crap he has at Arsenal, will Wenger pay Sunshine Stars $10 million for his services?
After proving himself, Wenger will still want to pay Sunshine Stars $200,000, after all it's a Nigerian club. sad
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Rossikk: Look at HOPELESS Arsene Wenger that has won NOTHING in nearly TEN YEARS asking a CHAMPION like Oboabona to come for ''trials''.

If anything Oboabona should be the one inviting Wenger for trials to check if he, Wenger is up to the job of coach.

Personally, Wenger has no business coaching a top class team, given his record of failure, and is only at Arsenal cos someone is probably fcking his nyash there.

Also, Oboabona really should be looking to sign for another club, not this bunch of arrogant underachievers that never win shite.

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by rusher14: 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
chronique: I think a lot of folks here are either ignorant or sentimental. The Nigerian league is known for producing 30yrs old under 21 players and you guys expect a club that will be paying top figures in GBP to sign him up just like that without assessing him? The level of development in terms of football in Nigeria,is miles apart from what you have in brazil. Both countries aren't on the same level in terms of football development. This lad plays for a club that is not on the same level with smaller european leagues and you expect him to just sign a contract like that with a team like arsenal? The didier drogbas of this world,already made their names while playing in marseille before getting contracts with top english clubs. Incase most of you guys do not know,the french leagues as big as it is,is like a breeding ground for talents where major clubs in italy,england,spain and germany go to scout players(even though french clubs get automatic champions league spots). Simply put: with the standard of our league and the age cheat scam that has trailed most Nigerian footballers,no top club would wanna take a risk in giving such players automatic contracts and even if they do,it would be once in a while. I'm a patriotic Nigerian and do not believe in Nigerians being maltreated but trust me,he needs to check his ego.

You are so on point.
Wenger discovered the likes of George Weah and Kolo Toure, gives opportunities (because he gives more than one chance) to the young and provides the technical nous required to upgrade a player from unpolished diamond to a gem of inestimable quality and value.
He more than any coach in Europe can beat his chest when it comes to giving opportunity to Africans
Yet, when faced with the talent of the likes of Zlatan he sometimes requests a trial. This is necessary in some cases as this is a multimillion pound venture even for those in the reserves.
The end justifies the means and at the end Obaobona's pedigree and mentality would be known to the world.
Time would tell... cool
Of
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by dipo1: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
You gonn hope for a long time. Tottenham have the loat their beat chances of finishing above Arsenal now that their Joker. Gareth Bale is heading to Spain.

Do guys here realize how many professional players ther are out there that would give any thing to get a trial at world class team? The truth is our league is not comparable to that in brazil where players like Oscar was bought. I wonder if Ogoabana would have refused Alex Ferguson he got a chance. I wold love to see him prove Arsenal wrong, but if other clubs interprete his refusal to try with Arsenal the way I do, he may have blown away a huge chance to move to a much higher level.
I don't want to hear that he eventually moved to a club like Lille or Villadoid
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by afrokid(m): 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
I've been reading comments people have been posting here on this issue and some are just laughable and appalling. For the fact that Godfrey Obaobona won the nations cup and played at the Confederation's Cup is not an automatic ticket for him to play for a top club in Europe.
You need to ask yourself what league does he play in and which of the teams is he in. The NPL or NPFL as it called presently has been rocked with challenges such as sponsorship, financial crisis, age cheating, match fixing scandals, etc. Now, do you expect a club like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona or Real Madrid to just look at 1 player from such a league of so much uncertainty and sign him automatically? Your guess is as good as mine. Recently, there were lower league matches that were played and a team won 67-0, a laughable result. This season alone, Nigeria, African Champions, couldn't produce a club to represent her in the CAF Champions League and Confederations Cup.
Godfrey mentions Neymar without knowing that the club he (Neymar) came from went as far as playing at the world club championship and this makes you wonder the basis of his argument when his own club hasn't won a domestic title. If players such as C. Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (who turned down his own) who came from better leagues could be offered trials I see no reason why he should make a big fuss out of it. If he's good enough trying to mark out players he contends with, why wouldn't Arsenal sign him?
My advice: Godfrey, swallow your pride and go for it or stay at Akure with Sunshine Stars
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by afrokid(m): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
I've been reading comments people have been posting here on this issue and some are just laughable and appalling. For the fact that Godfrey Obaobona won the nations cup and played at the Confederation's Cup is not an automatic ticket for him to play for a top club in Europe.
You need to ask yourself what league does he play in and which of the teams is he in. The NPL or NPFL as it called presently has been rocked with challenges such as sponsorship, financial crisis, age cheating, match fixing scandals, etc. Now, do you expect a club like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona or Real Madrid to just look at 1 player from such a league of so much uncertainty and sign him automatically? Your guess is as good as mine. Recently, there were lower league matches that were played and a team won 67-0, a laughable result. This season alone, Nigeria, African Champions, couldn't produce a club to represent her in the CAF Champions League and Confederations Cup.
Godfrey mentions Neymar without knowing that the club he (Neymar) came from went as far as playing at the world club championship and this makes you wonder the basis of his argument when his own club hasn't won a domestic title. If players such as C. Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (who turned down his own) who came from better leagues could be offered trials I see no reason why he should make a big fuss out of it. If he's good enough trying to mark out players he contends with, why wouldn't Arsenal sign him?
My advice: Godfrey, swallow your pride and go for it or stay at Akure with Sunshine Stars

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Testerfuze(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool:

So you mean that if Wenger signs Obaobona and other players, he will win the EPL? Lol. There are so many clowns on Nairaland. Lets wait and see where Obaobona ends up with this utterance of his.

It is a pity I will see him during Christmas in December when I pay a visit to my Akure town.

I am sure he will be boasting in the near future about how great Arsenal offered him a trial and wanted to sign him.

Arsenal don't sign players that much, they only show interest. They will dangle the meat in your face. Lol. I love Arsene.
Dats why trophies hv bn dangled in yo face 4 gud 8!!!!! Years.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by rusher14: 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
patmaine:

bro which player did arsenal make. they bought. van Perdue fabregas henry viera bergkamp chamberlain walcot song flamini wilshere ramsey. and many more. so pls tell me which player is from arsenal academy
Wilshere was at the academy from age 9.
you can say the likes of Flamini and Fabregas were also academy players bearing in mind they were still quite rough and unexposed to first team football.
Rarely do you find managers who give teenagers (especially between the ages of 16 & 18) the opportunity to play at the highest level but i guess you already knew that.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
Cheiii is waiten this boy dey cause himself,after now they will be blaming witchces and wizards.Professor is calling u to watch u in close set ur there comparing urself to Nemar. I think the small change they dash u in nation cup glory,is still turning ur head.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ibietela2(m): 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Boyoh206(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Man u cant compare d brazilian league with d NPL...d diff is clear.I guez diz guy might hv gone 4 d trial if d report s true,He's only bluffing He cant go 4 Arsenal trial.Dont 4get u r playn in an unrecognise league...OBOABONA
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
Osogagba: Any wonder Arsenal has won absolutely nothing in the past 8 years? While other EPL dey struggle to improve on the asking fees of clubs of players dem want desperately Arsene Wenger still dey turn the goods up and down like women wey dey price fish for Dugbe market. Instead make im talk say e no get money e wan use d nonsense called trials to embarrass our defender. I support you jare Oboabona. E good as you no go. Arsenal na the worst aka araldite team wey I don see for EPL. Dem for even offer you slave wages if to say you go and pass dem yeye trials. Wait a little. More serious teams will definitely come for you. Soon.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by georgem(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
someone should make him see sense oh! Nemar gap oboabona by too far so make him no just dey compare himself with neymar. guy grab this offer n go for the trial if you are sure of your stuff. nobody has ever left African league for Europe without trials first.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
ibietela2:

That peanut is worth MILLIONS here in your country
As if he will spend the money in naira in england. The value is the same.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
Obiagu1: Wenger is really an ancient man, his species have all died off.
He missed signing Ibra because the teenager refused his silly trail not to talk of Oboabona that's already a full international with Nigeria and a regular and a champion.

I wonder when an unknown quantity like Oscar was tried at Chelsea.

Just hope Tottenham dump Arsenal from the top 4 this time around.
If u don't hv any reasonable this to say,goentertainment forum abi. Who is Obo ? Even Henry,Beckham all train with Arsenal b4 any signing. When henry came back to rejoin Arsenal wenger say he want to watch him well in training b4 knowing if he should resign him,Beckham oma the other side was nt sign.Obo,which ever that is giving u advice is deceiving u period. Going to arsenal at this early age,would hv help ur football,and also nigeria.no player from Arsenal(africa player) that sit in the bench in national team, apart from Chamak or what is his name.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
excuse me who is Obaobona, never heard of him!

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ballabriggs: 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
Fake story and lies. We know agents like linking their players to Arsenal to generate interests. Once everyone hears Arsene and Arsenal want you, then it means you are good.

Arsene has not even sorted Djorou and Ignasi Miquel out, it is now one raw 30 years old Oboabona with little technique that will give him headache.

Do you actually think playing a whole English season with the EPL, FA cup, League cup and Champions league is the same as AFCON or the confederations cup.

Oboaboma you and your agent should try another lie, we have seen all these before.

So if Arsene offers this 'okuko Igbo' a trial he won't jump at it? You want me to believe such rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Siraleeyu(m): 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
I think i will support obuabonna here, that shows how patriotic he is, but for d sake of opportunity I think he shud just lower himself and accept d trial, am an arsenal fan I hv no doubt dat obuabonna is beta dan some clowns arsenal calls defenders in d past, because playing wit diz golden chance can cost him a life time opportunity which will c him endin his life here in nigeria miserable. But he is sure a patriotic compatriot I most say.[img]I think i will support obuabonna here, that shows how patriotic he is, but for d sake of opportunity I think he shud just lower himself and accept d trial, am an arsenal fan I hv no doubt dat obuabonna is beta dan some clowns arsenal calls defenders in d past, because playing wit diz golden chance can cost him a life time opportunity which will c him endin his life here in nigeria miserable. But he is sure a patriotic compatriot I most say.[/img]I think i will support obuabonna here, that shows how patriotic he is, but for d sake of opportunity I think he shud just lower himself and accept d trial, am an arsenal fan I hv no doubt dat obuabonna is beta dan some clowns arsenal calls defenders in d past, because playing wit diz golden chance can cost him a life time opportunity which will c him endin his life here in nigeria miserable. But he is sure a patriotic compatriot I most say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mikel To Become Highest Paid Player At Marseille? / Willian 'Likes' Chelsea's Instagram Post Celebrating Their Win Over Arsenal / Cristiano Ronaldo React To Five Matches Ban Given To Him, Say It Is "Ridiculous"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.