Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? (888 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities That Attend White Garment Churches (Photos) / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
I've been pondering this for a while now,we hear of how footballers,actors,music artist abroad are held and prosecuted for not paying tax cause those countries are fully aware that they make huge amount of money from their biz and hence are required to pay tax.But here in Nigeria this entertainment guys make so much and flaunt it in our faces and no one can really say if they pay due tax for their income or do they just earn the money buy cars and drive on the same road built with the tax the ordinary nigerian pays?just asking
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Airforce1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
Broke assss celebrities like the type we have here in Nigeria don't pay tax

Sorry!
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dude did you say broke?this guys are making millions of naira,take for instance the amount they are paid by multinationals to be ambassadors not to talk of the money they make on shows.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Airforce1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
dhardline: Dude did you say broke?this guys are making millions of naira,take for instance the amount they are paid by multinationals to be ambassadors not to talk of the money they make on shows.

Are u sure?

Ok howcome most of them still live in rented apartments?

Some still live with there parents... Exampl, nomoreloss, skales and B-red.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Airforce1:

Are u sure?

Ok howcome most of them still live in rented apartments?

Some still live with there parents... Exampl, nomoreloss, skales and B-red?
hahaha.some u say but we know sum own their own houses while some showcase all the latest rides they've acquired on twitter and instagram.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
I really think the moderators should take this to the front page maybe it will help to correct this short sight by the government if they actually dont pay.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Airforce1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
dhardline:
hahaha.some u say but we know sum own their own houses while some showcase all the latest rides they've acquired on twitter and instagram.

Fairly used cars right

Big boys don't spend mulla on fairly used rides bro, they go for brand new.

#tear rubbers*
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lols.but bros u cant tell me that the likes of dbanj,tuface,banky,wizzy but fairly used cars nw.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Airforce1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
dhardline: Lols.but bros u cant tell me that the likes of dbanj,tuface,banky,wizzy but fairly used cars nw.

You forgot to add tonto dikeh to that list.. She always makes good music lipsrsealed
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Airforce1:

You forgot to add tonto dikeh to that list.. She always makes good music lipsrsealed
lols,she tries to block our ears though.but she acts also and hence makes good money from that.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Caracta(f): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yes we do. I pay my tax regularly!

Oh please, don't question me. I'm a celebrity! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by tpia5: 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
tax is not a word known in nigeria save for few parts of the country.
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dplomaticVal: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
dhardline: I've been pondering this for a while now,we hear of how footballers,actors,music artist abroad are held and prosecuted for not paying tax cause those countries are fully aware that they make huge amount of money from their biz and hence are required to pay tax.But here in Nigeria this entertainment guys make so much and flaunt it in our faces and no one can really say if they pay due tax for their income or do they just earn the money buy cars and drive on the same road built with the tax the ordinary nigerian pays?just asking
yh they all pay tax bt it differs according to ones earning
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Brimmie(m): 6:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Na Sanyeri Go Pay Tax Abi Jelili! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by rozayx5(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
call me wen a naija celeb is worth mills in dolls undecided
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by dhardline(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
rozayx5: call me wen a naija celeb is worth mills in dolls undecided
so we should wait until they are worth mills in dollars before they pay tax?i earn far less than a million in Naira and the tax on it is outrageous.so y should they be exempted?
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Nmeka(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
good question and plz dnt underestimate hw much d lyks of p-square dem re worth oo....ai seriously doubt dat we hav a fair calculated means of payin tax in dis country anyway. who b dat babe wey say she be celeb,plz re u a celeb or cele?...lolss
Re: Please Does Anyone Know If Nigerian Celebrities Pay Tax? by Nmeka(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
how much did yu pay as tax miss cele?>>>>lols
Caracta: Yes we do. I pay my tax regularly!

Oh please, don't question me. I'm a celebrity! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Miley Cyrus Twerking 4 African Kids / Kidnapped Lawyer, Mike Ozekhome Reunites With Family, Looks Shaken (PHOTOS) / So, Lady Gaga's Bisexual? (Not Pure Lesbian!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.