Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,763 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) (53035 Views)

Celestine Queen Wins Miss Congeniality At Miss Universe 2014 / Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) / Africans At Miss World 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 12:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Lol @ 'i hope none of you win anything'

CAMEROONPRIDE: u are not making sense unfortunately..the African places/spots are already reserved whether u go bald or with natural hair there is no way they will reject our candidates, so stop putting the white people for your own insecurity, stop blaming African men for your self hate ...there are preliminaries in each countries this is where lie the problem....girls with fake hair shouldn't b accepted .period
anyway I hope none of u win an[b][/b]ything.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: Well, you are right. It is about standardized beauty which is unfortunately European. That is the problem exactly right there. You get Africans trying to fit into that standard which obviously does not suit them and automatically sets them back before the competition starts. Like you said, the pageants are beyond hair and beauty. It is also about self confidence and esteem which is lost once you put a weave on your head. Let's wait for an Afrikan winner with a weave on and then continue the conversation.

can u give the crown to a fake one or a wannabe? grin grin grin grin
me I can't oooo . since they admitted that the Caucasian look is the best , why they still try to compete against their master? eh eh ....they should also make surgeries on their flat noses, thick lips etc .
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u are not making sense unfortunately..the African places/spots are already reserved whether u go bald or with natural hair there is no way they will reject our candidates, so stop putting the white people for your own insecurity, stop blaming African men for your self hate ...there are preliminaries in each countries this is where lie the problem....girls with fake hair shouldn't b accepted .period
anyway I hope none of u win anything.

Seems English is your problem? Where did I blame black men?

Lolllllllllll, African spots reserved? I laugh in dutch.
When did you start watching pageants? grin
Black people hardly make top ten, how much more top 5. grin You think it's because of your silly part time issue of hair? grin

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 12:56am On Sep 07, 2013
True talk. You made a good point earlier on about the problem being at the national level. That is so on point.

CAMEROONPRIDE: can u give the crown to a fake one or a wannabe? grin grin grin grin
me I can't oooo . since they admitted that the Caucasian look is the best , why they still try to compete against their master? eh eh ....they should also make surgeries on their flat noses, thick lips etc .
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 07, 2013
stillwater:

Black people hardly make top ten, how much more top 5. grin You think it's because of your silly part time issue of hair? grin
spots reserved to go there...I didn't say to win or make it into the top 3
I don't watch pageants.
glad they don't make it .....give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. so even your fake hair are not helping u oooo why do u keep wearing it then?
top 10 , top 5 to 3 to 20 who cares? b yourself .period is that too much asking na wa oo with u aFICAN GIRLS
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2013
Lets not resort to insults here. I don't think he was referring to 'top ten'. The spots he was talking about are reserved spaces for African contestants in the competition.

stillwater:

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 07, 2013
stillwater:

Lol @ superior, beauty pageant is beyond hair. Nobody cares for that. Only black men are fixated on hair, rotflmao. In fact everyone on that stage would have an extension attached to her hair either white or black. The finishing product is all that matters.

@BOLD
Please translate it for me or explain.. sounds like u are blaming African men
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: can u give the crown to a fake one or a wannabe? grin grin grin grin

Rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is silly.
Everyone on that stage is going to be fakeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every single one of them whether asian, european or even jupiterian.
Weaves, make-up, fake eyelashes,wonder bra. cheesy
Welcome to the world of fakery. kiss
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: Lets not resort to insults here. I don't think he was referring to 'top ten'. The spots he was talking about are reserved spaces for African contestants in the competition.

it's all good my friend ....she simply doesn't get how stupid they sound ..when they try to defend the hair of death people they so proudly wear grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 1:07am On Sep 07, 2013
It is not exactly about being fake dude. Check it! If a European uses fake hair, she uses hair that reflects her true self, a European extension. Same texture and everything. Probably she is short on length or something. She doesn't go and buy herself an afro wig or weave. That is the point being made here. Our ladies go the extreme length to purchase hair that does npt reflect their image at all. I guess it boils down to them trying to fit in to the European standard of beauty but it still does not help.

stillwater:

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 07, 2013
stillwater:

so u can't make the difference?
again I ask : what's the difference between bleaching and wearing fake/corpses hair?

u guys are only perpetuating the stereotypes that portray African girls as ugly, instead of taking/using this pageant to showcase your beauty , to be proud of yourself . with weaves on they call u ugly and u don't make it to the top 10(according to u) so why do u keep wearing it then? too much insecurity. b yourself
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 1:12am On Sep 07, 2013
Lol...I get you. I guess this European hair issue has eaten too deep into our fabrics that we fail to see the mental and physical damage it causes. I think we have hijacked this thread. It is time to give it back.

CAMEROONPRIDE:
it's all good my friend ....she simply doesn't get how stupid they sound ..when they try to defend the hair of death people they so proudly wear grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: It is not exactly about being fake dude. Check it! If a European uses fake hair, she uses hair that reflects her true self, a European extension. Same texture and everything. Probably she is short on length or something. She doesn't go and buy herself an afro wig or weave. That is the point being made here. Our ladies go the extreme length to purchase hair that does npt reflect their image at all. I guess it boils down to them trying to fit in to the European standard of beauty but it still does not help.

Oh, it's no more about being fake, it's now about buying a fake afro to fit your image grin. Still 100% fake. And I find it absurd that we are quick to say afro. I've looked through old pics of my ethnic group, I see no freaking afro on their heads but certain elaborate styles. Afro is NOT the be all and end all of african hair. So if you are really promoting how I should look, then I need to do stuff like this...

Black girls are the most versatile with their hairstlyes. African hair is very flexible. It is the most malleable hair on earth. I can make it straight and I can make it afro.
Just this year alone I've braided my hair, worn a weave, don an afro wig, let my natural hair out, but it's the weave that gets a 'honorable' mention by people who have nothing better to do than to be crying about hair.

2 Likes

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
so u can't make the difference?
again I ask : what's the difference between bleaching and wearing fake/corpses hair?

u guys are only perpetuating the stereotypes that portray African girls as ugly, instead of taking/using this pageant to showcase your beauty , to be proud of yourself . with weaves on they call u ugly and u don't make it to the top 10(according to u) so why do u keep wearing it then? too much insecurity. b yourself

Seems this guy is reading my words upside down.
African contestants have been contesting well before the craze for weaves, and STILL they did NOT make it!!!!
This issue is beyond hairrrrrrr. It is the fact that you are blackkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 1:39am On Sep 07, 2013
I mention afro once (in an example that wasn't even about Afrikans) and you had to completely take it out of context and put words in my mouth? No one said afro is the only Afrikan style (putting words in people's mouth much). Oh...you don't really need to tell me about how awesome Afrikan hair is, thank you. The point I was making about fake hair is completely independent of Afrikan hair, you brought up everyone including Europeans as using fake hair too and I responded to that. Fake hair is fake hair regardless of the type. You cannot however deny the fact that Afrikan hair texture is seen as 'ugly', 'unprofessional' blah blah by Afrikans themselves when it infact suits them better than 'flowy' 'silky' European hair. That is the narrative being challenged here. The issue is bigger than pageants.

I think its time to give it a rest. Lets give the thread back.

stillwater:

Oh, it's no more about being fake, it's now about buying a fake afro to fit your image grin. Still 100% fake. And I find it absurd that we are quick to say afro. I've looked through old pics of my ethnic group, I see no freaking afro on their heads but certain elaborate styles. Afro is NOT the be all and end all of african hair. So if you are really promoting how I should look, then I need to do stuff like this...

Black girls are the most versatile with their hairstlyes. African hair is very flexible. It is the most malleable hair on earth. I can make it straight and I can make it afro.
Just this year alone I've braided my hair, worn a weave, don an afro wig, let my natural hair out, but it's the weave that gets a 'honorable' mention by people who have nothing better to do than to be crying about hair.

2 Likes

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 1:54am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: Lol...I get you. I guess this European hair issue has eaten too deep into our fabrics that we fail to see the mental and physical damage it causes. I think we have hijacked this thread. It is time to give it back.

yeah, u are right .I rest my case, besides they don't want to learn

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 07, 2013
smiley Gabon

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Cote d'Ivoire smiley

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 07, 2013
Nigeria cool

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 07, 2013
onila what's the ethnic group of miss naija?
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 07, 2013
South Sudan smiley

Namibia

Gabon

Guinea
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 07, 2013
Caribbeans smiley

Jamaica

Martinique

Barbados

Guadeloupe

Guyana

Trinidad and Tobago
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Miss Trinidad & Tobago..thin af but what the heck..i'm patriotic smiley cheesy

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by onila(f): 5:10am On Sep 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: onila what's the ethnic group of miss naija?
Ijaw

Goodluck Jonathan;s/president of Nigeria's tribe

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 07, 2013
onila: Ijaw

Goodluck Jonathan;s/president of Nigeria's tribe
thanks
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by kandiikane(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: It is not exactly about being fake dude. Check it! If a European uses fake hair, she uses hair that reflects her true self, a European extension. Same texture and everything. Probably she is short on length or something. She doesn't go and buy herself an afro wig or weave. That is the point being made here. Our ladies go the extreme length to purchase hair that does npt reflect their image at all. I guess it boils down to them trying to fit in to the European standard of beauty but it still does not help.

ohh ok... so I can buy weave or a wig as long as it represents the black ethnicity.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by kandiikane(m): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2013
I see the cameroonpride hasn't grown up yet...

p.s. the caribbean beats africa this year. I may be wrong but with those pictures. Damn!
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 07, 2013
kandiikane: I see the cameroonpride hasn't grown up yet...

p.s. the caribbean beats africa this year. I may be wrong but with those pictures. Damn!
Stop being stupid grin
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2013
Lol...putting words in my mouth again or did you just pretend not to see my reply to this already? Wow! That is your OWN conclusion. Don't isolate a post, form your own conclusions from it and then attribute those conclusions to me. Read my reply to stillwaters and other posts.

kandiikane:

ohh ok... so I can buy weave or a wig as long as it represents the black ethnicity.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 8:05am On Sep 07, 2013
Thin, yes but she doesn't look significantly thinner than other contestants. Or maybe it is just my eyes.

caribchic: Miss Trinidad & Tobago..thin af but what the heck..i'm patriotic smiley cheesy
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by alanmwene: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
kandiikane:

Of course!Why white women don't wear afro wigs?Maybe coz they have more self pride!Anyway,weaves don't make a woman beautiful.If you are ugly,you will stay ugly!
Benita Mureka:The first African woman to finish on a podium of miss universe!Check up her hair style!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Lw5MNt0_E

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
She is Beautiful
caribchic: Miss Trinidad & Tobago..thin af but what the heck..i'm patriotic smiley cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Should Ladies Take A Guy That Sags Like This Serious? (Pictured) / Yay! Or Nay! / The Funny Suit This Man Wore To His Wedding...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.