Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. (3042 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Like Play Like Fire Too Many Dead Bodies / Like Play Like Play Onwuliri Is The Foreign Minister O. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:07am On Jul 27, 2013
Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram has vanished from the pages of newspapers. Somebody help me say Amen.

No more bomb blasts. No more Boko Haram killed this, Boko Haram killed that.

We must give thanks to God.

We must give kudos to our gallant soldiers who have put thier lives on the line to ensure that we have peace.

May this peace continue.

And bad roads are also vanishing small by small.
And we are beginning to return to the farm big by big.
And the trains are coming back slow by slow.
And elections are getting freer and fairer.

And the biggest prayer of all:
And may power failure vanish forever.
And corruption. And insecurity. And Unemployment.

Its either our prayers are working or Jonathan is working or both of the above.

Methinks both of the above. If you agree with me, click the like button.

41 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Rossikk(m): 3:15am On Jul 27, 2013
Jonathan doesn't get enough credit for the job he's doing. Just the other day they added a third scheduled service to the Lagos-Kano rail route. I mean, this is a system that's been moribund for over 25 years.

13 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by remarkD(m): 3:29am On Jul 27, 2013
God bless GEJ and grant him more power to continue the good work.

Nigerians have a lot of expectations.... a country that has been misgoverned for 50 years and suffered a lot of decay will take time to move from a 3rd world country to a 1st world country... right now methinks we are .... say... 2nd world country or 2nd & half world country lol.

We know he is not perfect and might have made some not-so-popular decisions.... but its not enough reason to want him out, especially given his performance record.... and the record of past presidents....
A member of my family received a grant from the FG (as part of the 1b released for agriculture/farmers....)

and I think the Ore road has been fixed? if someone can confirm/verify, lemme know... cause I have heard of so many deaths on that road... from McLoph and lots of others....

the east west road nko?

I am sure GEJ is the man for the fresh air naija needs... once again, God bless GEJ and keep him in power for 4 more years! hopefully more! cheesy

PapaBrowne: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram has vanished from the pages of newspapers. Somebody help me say Amen.

We must give kudos to our gallant soldiers who have put thier lives on the line to ensure that we have peace.

May this peace continue.

7 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:39am On Jul 27, 2013
remark D: God bless GEJ and grant him more power to continue the good work.

Nigerians have a lot of expectations.... a country that has been misgoverned for 50 years and suffered a lot of decay will take time to move from a 3rd world country to a 1st world country... right now methinks we are .... say... 2nd world country or 2nd & half world country lol.

We know he is not perfect and might have made some not-so-popular decisions.... but its not enough reason to want him out, especially given his performance record.... and the record of past presidents....
A member of my family received a grant from the FG (as part of the 1b released for agriculture/farmers....)

and I think the Ore road has been fixed? if someone can confirm/verify, lemme know... cause I have heard of so many deaths on that road... from McLoph and lots of others....

the east west road nko?

I am sure GEJ is the man for the fresh air naija needs... once again, God bless GEJ and keep him in power for 4 more years! hopefully more! cheesy

Things are really changing no matter what the opposition wants you to believe. You said a family member got an Agric grant, cool. My closest friend got almost 10 million to start a new business through the YOUWIN Program and the process was the most professionally handled program I've seen a government run.

3 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by ruffhandu: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2013
@ PapaBrowne,
or wetin be your name again, this post put smile on my face. You are so so right. I totally agree with you. I think both of them really. God is helping Jonathan. Jonathan is really working. Am not a politician but I always confess what I see. Even the power is improving small by small, even though we want it big by big. I still have faith that it will happen big by big.
Bro, you just earned my friendship this morning.
I pray that every thing, human or demon, mammy water or pappy water, that wants to make this nation ungovernable for Goodluck, shall become crippled and live to declare the good works of Goodluck, he shall become whole the moment he repents and confesses his evils.
May God help Goodluck in Jesus name Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2013
ruffhandu: @ PapaBrowne,
or wetin be your name again, this post put smile on my face. You are so so right. I totally agree with you. I think both of them really. God is helping Jonathan. Jonathan is really working. Am not a politician but I always confess what I see. Even the power is improving small by small, even though we want it big by big. I still have faith that it will happen big by big.
Bro, you just earned my friendship this morning.
I pray that every thing, human or demon, mammy water or pappy water, that wants to make this nation ungovernable for Goodluck, shall become crippled and live to declare the good works of Goodluck, he shall become whole the moment he repents and confesses his evils.
May God help Goodluck in Jesus name Amen.

FG done settle you abi lipsrsealed
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by jhydebaba(m): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2013
#teamfreshair
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by calebo10(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Things are really changing no matter what the opposition wants you to believe. You said a family member got an Agric grant, cool. My closest friend got almost 10 million to start a new business through the YOUWIN Program and the process was the most professionally handled program I've seen a government run.
Can you sheld more light on "YOUWIN PROGRAM" I wish to know more cus I'm interested in getting loan to kick-start my business.
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Rossikk(m): 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
remark D: God bless GEJ and grant him more power to continue the good work.

Nigerians have a lot of expectations.... a country that has been misgoverned for 50 years and suffered a lot of decay will take time to move from a 3rd world country to a 1st world country...

A country that has been misgoverned for 150 years you mean.

1 Like

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
calebo10:
Can you sheld more light on "YOUWIN PROGRAM" I wish to know more cus I'm interested in getting loan to kick-start my business.

The YOUWIN Program is an entrepreneurship program that gives young aspiring Nigerians with good business plans a grant of up to 10 million Naira to start a business of their choice. You have to be between the ages of 18-45 years.
The business plan submission opens once in a year and 6000 of the best plans are selected in the first round. A second round that would choose 1200 from the 6000 is then open. The 1200 winners are eventually given a grant of up to 10 million Naira. All winners would be trained by a world class organisation.

This program is the most credible program that has ever been run in Nigeria. No mago mago, no connections. Everything is merit based. You win on the stregth of your business plan.

The beautiful thing is that the next opening starts in August. So prepare yourself.
The website with all the details is www.youwin.org.ng
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
FRESH AIR everywhere you go!!!

Ikuku ndu ebee ebuna igara!!!

3 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by ujchief(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
#Association of a-r-s-e-lickers# this is the 3rd thread you guys are opening today; just to praise the mediocre performance of your pay master.

Taharqa, jmine, lastpope, solomon will soon join.
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by IGBOSON1: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Things are really changing no matter what the opposition wants you to believe. You said a family member got an Agric grant, cool. My closest friend got almost 10 million to start a new business through the YOUWIN Program and the process was the most professionally handled program I've seen a government run .

^^^It's partly because Aunty Ngozi has an eye on proceedings.

4 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by taharqa2: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
PapaBrowne: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram has vanished from the pages of newspapers. Somebody help me say Amen.

May this peace continue.

Amen....
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
ujchief: #Association of a-r-s-e-lickers# this is the 3rd thread you guys are opening today; just to praise the mediocre performance of your pay master.

If i may ask,Are u allergic to good development?
Swallow ur pride and embrace FRESH AIR.

6 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Demdem(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Excellent news and very pleasing to the ears. Kudos to the retardeen and the military.
Only if he had listened to voice of wisdom on time that he should crush this murrafuckers, those who died in their hands wouldn't have died. Jonathan was busy calling them his brothers and sisters.
Now the loved ones of those killed are left alone to mourn their death forever all because of retardeen earlier stupidity.
Next on line should be MEND. There is a need to either silently kill the likes of Tompolo, Ateke, Boyloaf etc or prosecute them for the evil they did all for their selfish interest.
Allowing them to continue to dine with the retardeen in Aso rock while relatives of their victims left in the cold to continue to mourn is definitely inappropriate. Now is the time for Jonathan to give these ones justice.

1 Like

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by kutchs: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
ujchief: #Association of a-r-s-e-lickers# this is the 3rd thread you guys are opening today; just to praise the mediocre performance of your pay master.

Hey bingo run along baby don shit, make you come lick am.

Your dislike and hatred for anything GEJ would surely send you to an early grave.

1 Like

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
@op - it's Ramadan what do you expect?? ?
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Demdem: Excellent news and very pleasing to the ears. Kudos to the retardeen and the military.
Only if he had listened to voice of wisdom on time that he should crush this murrafuckers, those who died in their hands wouldn't have died. Jonathan was busy calling them his brothers and sisters.
Now the loved ones of those killed are left alone to mourn their death forever all because of retardeen earlier stupidity.
Next on line should be MEND. There is a need to either silently kill the likes of Tompolo, Ateke, Boyloaf etc or prosecute them for the evil they did all for their selfish interest.
Allowing them to continue to dine with the retardeen in Aso rock while relatives of their victims left in the cold to continue to mourn is definitely inappropriate. Now is the time for Jonathan to give these ones justice.
Is Retardeen Jonathan your father's name? Hmmm! You keep mentioning this name all the time so it is safe to assume the person must be very close to you. But the name does not appear like a Nigerian name.

7 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by PapaBrowne(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
Demdem: Excellent news and very pleasing to the ears. Kudos to the retardeen and the military.

About crushing them on time, hmmm I wish you knew how the Nigerian military has been underinvested or misinvested over the years. At the time Jonathan came into power, Nigeria had little or no capacity in handling terrorism. Intelligence gathering capabilities were inept. It takes time to purchase technologies and build capabilities. There is no way the military would have been stupid enough at the time to engage in a battle they couldn't have won. Jonathan has super equipped the miltary and its obvious even in the kind of gear they put on and the ammunition they carry. But more importantly, the capacity to gather intelligence has been built and would serve Nigeria for ages to come.

Now, the most interesting thing is this: When Boko Haram is finally over, Nigeria will be the first country to have defeated terrorism. The Americans would have a lot to learn from us. They are definitely taking notes on the "Civilain JTF" strategy. In fact the world would have a lot to learn from the Nigerian strategy given how we have dealt both with the Islamic Insurgency and the Niger Delta Militancy.

11 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by adino(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^It's partly because Aunty Ngozi has an eye on proceedings.

It is not partly because of N.O.I, it is fully because of her. By the way stop calling my Aunty by name, you should have some respect for Nigeria's first female Prime Minister,L.O.L.

4 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by adino(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2013

demdem the retardeen.

1 Like

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
As for the other issues you raised in your post, are you suggesting that the president should have acted thoughtlessly like OBJ, who lost 1,000 men in one hour during the Nigeria civil war? Would you have prefered a repetition of the community cleansing which OBJ authorized in Odi and Zaki Ibiam?

My guy, insurgency is not a child's play. Many of the countries that had problem of insurgency are still battling it till date.

Even when the president declared the state of emergency, although it was generally accepted, most people (including yours sincerely) were not sure how that would end Boko Haram. Dont forget that the ACN and its leader, Tinubu, condemned the declaration of SOE and stated clearly that the SOE will not achieve any result.

For me, the turning point was when the people of Borno completely rejected Boko Haram and fought back with the civillian JTF. I celebrated the civillian JTF on this platform because without community support, no military might can defeat any insurgency. And the civillian JTF emerged (or we started hearing about them) after the govt released some detained women and children Boko Haram suspects. That was a trust building strategy that worked well.

I think a combination of the SOE, release of detained women and children, activities of the civillian JTF and mediation of the Boko Haram amnesty committee all added up to the progress attained so far. It is only a very myopic person that will attribute the success so far to the military action alone

2 Likes

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:

About crushing them on time, hmmm I wish you knew how the Nigerian military has been underinvested or misinvested over the years. At the time Jonathan came into power, Nigeria had little or no capacity in handling terrorism. Intelligence gathering capabilities were inept. It takes time to purchase technologies and build capabilities. There is no way the military would have been stupid enough at the time to engage in a battle they couldn't have won. Jonathan has super equipped the miltary and its obvious even in the kind of gear they put on and the ammunition they carry. But more importantly, the capacity to gather intelligence has been built and would serve Nigeria for ages to come.

Now, the most interesting thing is this: When Boko Haram is finally over, Nigeria will be the first country to have defeated terrorism. The Americans would have a lot to learn from us. They are definitely taking notes on the "Civilain JTF" strategy. In fact the world would have a lot to learn from the Nigerian strategy given how we have dealt both with the Islamic Insurgency and the Niger Delta Militancy.

nonsense!! how many bombs have gone off since the death of Azazi? we all know who sponsored it and is now blowing nonsense in the air claiming it will be over, like el-rufai said, the FG will stop it when they decide to, a trillion to fight terrorism indeed, thats why govt BH was created and why its all dying down only after the custodian of the money died? isnt it just questionable that since then not a single church was bombed? fresh air, yeah right!!
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by PapaBrowne(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
DivideUs:

nonsense!! how many bombs have gone off since the death of Azazi? we all know who sponsored it and is now blowing nonsense in the air claiming it will be over, like el-rufai said, the FG will stop it when they decide to, a trillion to fight terrorism indeed, thats why govt BH was created and why its all dying down only after the custodian of the money died? isnt it just questionable that since then not a single church was bombed? fresh air, yeah right!!

A victim of conspiracy theories. And Shekau reads the Holy bible when he makes his youtube videos yaaa?
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
grin grin grin Ok I am convinced, you won the argument wink
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by gramci: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
Buhari must be feeling disappointed angry
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by takedat(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Well, better late than never. If the FG had acted on time, it could have saved thousands of lives. Kudos to the JTF and the moderates(Civilian JTF) for helping in reversing the tide of militancy. Terrorism and extremism cannot be eradicated comprehensively unless people's living conditions are improved. The government, for its part, should strive for creating economic opportunities for the people and make more efforts to reform the Al-Majiri education. Extremist Islamism could not be eradicated as an idea but contained.
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by takedat(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
gramci: Buhari must be feeling disappointed angry
Why should Buhari be disappointed? I am sure the FG knows those behind Boko Haram, for they recently reached a cease fire agreement with them. Even with the rhetoric and petty politicking of ACN and CPC, their lawmakers voted in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the affected states.
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by adino(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
bohari will not like this
Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
@op.
Ramadan Kareem to you

1 Like

Re: Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: FRESH AIR everywhere you go!!!

Ikuku ndu ebee ebuna igara!!!
Nwanne ikuku ndu ebe obuna ma obu/owu ebe obula igara/jere. Ighotago? Up GEJ security don tight so tey I no deuy lock my dor sleep for night

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brave 9 Year Old Yoruba Girls Confronts 3 Yoruba Women Who Kidnapped Her (video) / 2015 Poll: Prepare Your Charms, Other Native Powers Ready — Tinubu / Buhari Explains How He Will Repay N27.5 Million Nomination Form Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.