Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Must Have Apps For Android Phone User - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Must Have Apps For Android Phone User (36000 Views)

UI Comparison (best Smart Phone User Interface) / 5 Secrets Every Android Phone User Should Know / GSM Phone User Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 10:21am On Jul 27, 2013
1. Evernote: This is a productivity app that lets you take records, jot down things and make notes. Its easy to use and helps you remember everything across all your devices. It allows you capture images, record voice notes reminders and backs them up to the cloud so that even if you get another device, all your notes would still be intact. Its available for both Android and iOS platform and can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store

2. Music Maniac: Are you the type that loves to download music? Then music maniac is the app of your choice. It allows you download or just stream any mp3 music free of charge be it Spanish, Italian, Nigerian etc. The music file are of very high quality yet the sizes are small. Its available at the app store free of charge and doesn't contain any ads.

3. WordWeb: Dictionary is one of man's most useful tool. You confused about a word? Use your WordWeb dictionary. WordWeb have huge database of words and its also connected to wikipedia in case you need extended information. This app is stable, free and can be downloaded from the App Store.

4. Dead Trigger: All works and no play makes jack a dull boy. You looking for a nice game to play and have serious fun? Dead Trigger is one you should consider and with no dull moments. It has nice graphics and interesting. Who doesn't like to kill zombies? If you do then head to the app store to download this lovely game free of charge.

5. PrinterShare: Those that work with a lot of documents would love this one. This app allows you to print straight from your phone all your documents to any printer. Its fast efficient and doesn't disappoint.

6. Shazam: There amount of song in the world can't be quantified. Sometimes you hear a song you like but don't know who sang it? Shazam should be your best friend in identifying those unknown songs. It helps you get the singer, album art etc. Its good for music lovers. Imagine the combination of Shazam and Music Maniac! Awesome

7. TechCalc: Accountants, Students and those that like money and mathematics would see this app as a blessing. Its the best calculator I have ever used in my life! Casio calculators don't stand a chance. You want to plot graph, do advanced calculus mathematics? This app should be on your phone right away. Go to the store and download.

8. Utorrent: My best friend! If you like downloaded from torrent sites, the utorrent is your best guy for the job. Perhaps, only those that use torrent sites would understand how important it is to have a torrent downloader on ones phone. Its free of charge and can be downloaded from the Play store.

9. App2Sd III: Thank God for this app. Imagine having 32GB of external storage space wasting away while your internal memory is getting filled up due to apps installed on your device. What this app does for you is allow you move almost all your apps to MicroSD so that there is enough space on your internal memory while taking advantage on the huge memory of the external memory card.

10. Roehsoft RAM Expande: Just as the name suggest, this app increases your device RAM so that you never get the low RAM message ever again. It converts part of your external memory card to RAM if there is need for it. Imagine having unlimited RAM size? Go to the play store to get yours for a small fee. This app needs root access to function, soif your device isn't rooted it wont install or work.

11. Internet Speed Master: Not everyone lives in a 3G environment or has very fast WiFi. Some depend on 2G, EDGE internet speed. With this app, your Internet speed would be boosted 200%. If you have 3G or WiFi, expect about 300% speed increase. This app works best with a rooted Android phone but can work with non rooted phones too.

12. Swiftkey: Wow, take typing to a whole new level on your smartphone. This keyboard makes it fun and easy to type while creating texts on your smartphone. Even when yo get tired of typing, you can just invoke the voice to text option using the mic. This app is all about making your text creation a lot easier and enjoyable.

13. Real Football 2013: Football is what bring a nation together at times. If you like to play soccer but don't have the skill, well you can do that on your phone with the latest version of real football 2013. This app is free of charge and can be downloaded from the play store. Go get it and start scoring goals.

14. AVG Anti Virus: We all know that Android is a vulnerable operating system when it comes to malware. With AVG, you can protect your device against malwares, virus and the likes. You can also track your phone in case it was stolen. You can make it ring out loud if lost and so much more. Go to the play store to get yours at no charge at all.

15. Logo Quiz & Modern Combat 4|Dead Zone: This game combination would make you never have a dull moment in as much as you have battery on your device. You think you know logos of popular brands? Try Logo quiz and if you think you know what war is like, try Modern Combat 4. Go to the store and find out for yourself.

16. Du Battery Saver: Imagine having all the aforementioned apps above and you dont have a way of monitoring your battery usage? You will find out that your battery runs out like no man business. That is why you need to preserve the juice of your phone with this app. It helps you to optimize your battery and make your device stay alive for a longer period. Go to the play store to get this wonderful app for no price at all. Come back and thank me.

17. Droid Wall: This is the perfect app to make your data plan last longer. Honestly, Smartphones have a way of silently eating away your Internet data bundles. With Droid Wall is the best app to save your Internet data bundles.

Here you have it folks, 16 good list of excellent, quality and high standard apps to make your Android smartphone a superhero. I have personally tried all these apps on my rooted Tecno F7 and they are safe and stable.

Mind you, some apps can brick your phone or put it in reboot loop. Stay away from them especially theme apps, Chainfire 3D, Font Changer lite. Be careful. Read reviews before you download any app to your Android phone

http://phonegist..com/2013/07/16-must-have-apps-for-your-android-phone.html

23 Likes

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by stepone(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2013
This is just 11, what about the remaining 5

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2013
stepone: This is just 11, what about the remaining 5
update in a due time
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Emmysteve(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2013
how can one make use of App2Sd III?

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2013
dryakson: ...However, one of the problem one
faces is that there are so many
apps in the Google Play Store,
about
but the...
_

Actually Google Play has surpassed 1 million apps, overtaking the iOS App Store. Just so you know.

3 Likes

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Debroslink: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2013
U forgot. Du Battery Optimizer. It's d best

2 Likes

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Debroslink: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2013
I can't find Dead Trigger in Google Play. Any direct link please...
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2013
Debroslink: I can't find Dead Trigger in Google Play. Any direct link please...
www.madfingergames.com after vlu visit the website,then u click on googleplay and it will take u directly to where u can download it
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 11:29am On Jul 27, 2013
Debroslink: I can't find Dead Trigger in Google Play. Any direct link please...
visit www.madfingergames.com

2 Likes

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Gudiza(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2013
I much prefer FL Commando to Dead Trigger/MC4 for your action gaming needs. don't want 2 use too much phone resources cos ur playing game. Temple run, subway surfer will definately keep u awake during those very long and boring office meetings. Also, u can try virtual tennis, not sure if its in playstore.

Good list. Just to add to it, get 'Pdanet' for tethering/hotspot, and 'Flash share' for seamless transfer of apps.

2 Likes

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by ninja4life(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nice apps kudos to d op for dis enlightening thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by zelexotunla(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Good work here bro but pls dat AVG anti virus,how can i search for it in play store? I checked d play store couldnt find it at exactly u wrote it thanks!
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
zelexotunla: Good work here bro but pls dat AVG anti virus,how can i search for it in play store? I checked d play store couldnt find it at exactly u wrote it thanks!
enter the play store, on top you will see Google search icon, click and type the app name it will appear for you
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by cbliss(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nice info thnx....but op I'd like to knw pls is bb z10 android n can I download dis apps on a bbz10 esp the anti virus ?....
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
cbliss: Nice info thnx....but op I'd like to knw pls is bb z10 android n can I download dis apps on a bbz10 esp the anti virus ?....
sorry brother bbZ10 isn't an android phone
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
No ttpod , screenshot , ucbrowser ?

No Microsoft office , no adobe?

Hmmm.. ..
your opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Imanuelle: No ttpod , screenshot , ucbrowser ?

Hmmm.. ..
your opinion sha.
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
Imanuelle: No ttpod , screenshot , ucbrowser ?

Hmmm.. ..
your opinion sha.
the apps you mentioned aren't the top must have bros after all some phones came with the app you listed above

2 Likes

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by indigold2010(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Great post here, let me make my own list.
1. Apps for best battery- if use android and u dnt use greenify and battery doctor, then u a learner. Greenify helps u stop certain apps from poppin up to eat up resource e.g maps, google services and social applications. Battery doctor helps u close running applications when screen light goes off, it also takes ur battery through a complete charge cycle. For root users, it can underclock ur cpu when screen light is off.
2. Apps for making documents. Two apps stand up here as leaders, kingsoftand document to go. The former gives u more editting options.
3. Apps for music. I prefer using d default music player, 4 smtin different get cloudskipper

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by indigold2010(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
4. Social apps. For facebook, d default facebook apps leaves too many wakelocks that drain ur batter so i advice u use friendcaster, there is a free and paid version. For twitter, i advice tweetcaster, gves u more options than d default app. For whatsapp i advice u use whatsapp plus, gives u option to use themes and auto backup ur messages, u cn get whatsapp plus from d xda forum. For facebook chat i advice u log ur facebook into ur 2go acount so that u cn use ur 2go application for facebook chat, it leaves u with less wakelocks. But if u cn afford buying go chat pro, then better.

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by indigold2010(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
5. Games. Am not a fan of this category, i play only livechess, it gves u d option to play chess with other users online.
6 calcutators. +1 to techcalc already posted by thread owner

if there are oher category u want me to talk about, jst suggest, or if u hav a problem with ur android device then head over to my thread dr android.

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by sogoisrael(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
I'm thinkin of purchasing d new techno phantom F7, pls wh@z yur reservations concerning d fon!pls share some ideas
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by geezyk(m): 12:58am On Jul 28, 2013
indigold2010: 4. Social apps. For facebook, d default facebook apps leaves too many wakelocks that drain ur batter so i advice u use friendcaster, there is a free and paid version. For twitter, i advice tweetcaster, gves u more options than d default app. For whatsapp i advice u use whatsapp plus, gives u option to use themes and auto backup ur messages, u cn get whatsapp plus from d xda forum. For facebook chat i advice u log ur facebook into ur 2go acount so that u cn use ur 2go application for facebook chat, it leaves u with less wakelocks. But if u cn afford buying go chat pro, then better.
can u pls post d link to download whatsapp plus
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by IAMBREEZY: 2:45am On Jul 28, 2013
I got all on my htc

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 4:32am On Jul 28, 2013
sogoisrael: I'm thinkin of purchasing d new techno phantom F7, pls wh@z yur reservations concerning d fon!pls share The Phantom A2 is a 5" phone and
will run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
is seen as an upgrade on the
current massively successful
Tecno F7.
Main talking Spec include;
1. Android 4.2 Jelly bean O.S
2. Super slim concise and elegant
body
3. 8MP HD back and 2MP front
camera
4. 3G Dual sim
5. 1280 x 720 Amoled Screen
6. 1.5GB Ram
7. Quad core 1.2ghz processor
8. 8GB internal memory.
upgradable to 32GB
9. 2300mAh ideas
I? Is the best tecno so far. But which phone are you currently using if I may asked
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 4:37am On Jul 28, 2013
Special thanks to all this thread followers especially indigold and Co.
Pls don't hesitate to add your favorite apps here for the android lover......... Keep it flowing

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by 3ace(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2013
Nice thread, will make reference to it for future use.
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by indigold2010(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2013
geezyk: can u pls post d link to download whatsapp plus
my bad, whatsapp plus has been removed from xda early this morning due to some infringment issues, i got robbed last week of my htc one x, i would have uploaded to dropbox for u guys. Jst try on google it should hav been uploaded some were else

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dryakson(m): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Please can someone post which screen shot is the best for tecno phone, I mean the one that works perfectly. Thanks
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dboye(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
tip calc: dnt be deceived by d name, its an app for hidden files and folders on ur phone. why I like it is that it also hide itself doing the wrk of a tip calculator but actually hidden ur selected files n folders... free on play store. am sure u have something u want to hide.

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by emperorizzy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Gudiza:
I much prefer FL Commando to Dead Trigger/MC4 for your action gaming needs. don't want 2 use too much phone resources cos ur playing game. Temple run will definately keep u awake during those very long and boring office meetings. Also, u can try virtual tennis, not sure if its in playstore.

Good list. Just to add to it, get 'Pdanet' for tethering/hotspot, and 'Flash share' for seamless transfer of apps.
yes, but FL commando requires you to buy credits, any way around that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? / I Registered For Etranzact Pocketmoni And I'm Loving It! / What's The Best Browser For Blackberry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.