Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Okagbare Shatters African Record! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Shatters African Record! (610 Views)

Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold / Super Eagles Claim African Record With Ethiopia Win / Video:Blessing Okagbare Wins London Diamond League 100M Sets New African Record. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okagbare Shatters African Record! by Ojowanle: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare has broken the African Women’s 100metres record at the ongoing Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games, London, with a time of 10:86 seconds.

Coming behind Okagbare to place second in the second semi-final is America’s Barbara Pierre and fellow African, Murielle Ahoure of Cote D’ivore came third. The other contestants were Kelly-Ann Baptiste of Trinidad & Tobago, Verena Sailer of Germany, Dafne Schippers of the Netherlands, Asha Phillips of Great Britain and Annabelle Lewis, also of Great Britain.

It was not plain sailing for Okagbare as she had to work very hard during the last 20 metres to earn her first position having had a slower start than her other competitors.

In the first semi-final, Shelly Ann Freazer Pryce came first with a time of 10:77 to book a place at the finals coming up later today.

Speaking to a reporter shortly after her race, Okagbare said she respected Shelly Ann’s time of 10:77 seconds but she just wanted to go to the finals to do her best.

The final race is later today at 1620hrs.

- See more at: http://www.urnaija.com/okagbare-shatters-african-record/#sthash.AQbX0Osk.dpuf
Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by White007(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
I just love this girl....very soon she is gonna break the world record.

Proudly Nigerian.
Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by EdwardAkande(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
White007: I just love this girl....very soon she is gonna break the world record.

Proudly Nigerian.

Na my sister o! If you want see her, just pay me, then i go tel u how u go take com see us for Zaria. Wallahi!
Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by Itoroetti(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
I'm happy she's doing all this ooo,but I remember how it happened last year,she was busy winning all minor trophies available,but when it got to the olympic,she was no where to be found.
Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by EdwardAkande(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
[b][/b]
White007: I just love this girl....very soon she is gonna break the world record.

Proudly Nigerian. Na my sister o! Pay me and com 2 zaria, if u want 2 see her!

Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by RantiFadahunsi: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
She won the final in a new African record of 10.79. And she had to come from the back. She is good. Proud of her. Nigeria should be proud of her too.
Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by RantiFadahunsi: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
This should be front page
Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by Rossikk(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
She needs to replicate this stuff at the Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Shatters African Record! by rume(m): 12:05am On Jul 28, 2013

Proudly Nigerian.

...erm, do you know what the world record is? If she breaks the world record then you can almost certainly be sure she is on "something" as the world record is atm pretty much untouchable/suspect.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Can Win The Epl This Season-wenger / Strange Image And Message Appear In Brasil,pls Moderator Front Page / Newcastle United Vs Manchester City 0 - 0 (Live Match)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.