Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! (17325 Views)

BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold / Nigerian Blessing Okagbare Breaks African Women's 100m Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by kenlash1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
proudly safarian, u'd go places gal
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by rume(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Philipsdael:
i know Blessing used to run for Nigeria, she didn't on our green kits so i thought she has changed nationality like franky-fredrick and co....
(so she is still with us) then i'll like to say
Congratulobia sweery
hmmmm, Did Frankie ever switch allegiance? He is Namibian.
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by deene: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
rume:
hmmmm, Did Frankie ever switch allegiance? He is Namibian.

hmmm he never switched oo ... lets just sit back and watch this novice in silence!
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by rume(m): 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
deene:

hmmm he never switched oo ... lets just sit back and watch this novice in silence!

grin cheesy cool tongue
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by jpphilips(m): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2013
Evestar200: are u sure u have watch any diamond league race since it started? I doubt it,,cuz if u do,, u wont utter this trash 4rm ur mouth

from his Anus you mean?
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by Evestar200(f): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
lipsrsealed tongue grin[quote author=jp philips]

from his Anus you mean?
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by omar22(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2013
Just bear in mind that the world leading time is 10:77 not by Blessing so please tone down on the hype! I wish her well but like so many athlete before and after major events, but when it matters under pressure they crumble!!!
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by LoveFootball1: 1:02am On Aug 02, 2013
LoveFootball Fantasy League- Nigeria's First Online Fantasy League

www.lovefootballfc.com

Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by bambostic: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2013
Team Nigeria!

In preparation for the World Champs starting in just over a week, check out this video celebrating Blessing Okagbare's feat of breaking the 100m African Record twice within 2 hours on Saturday! You'll see from the video that it's been a very long time coming - and the video also pays homage to former African Track & Field Queens, Glory Alozie (the former official holder of the record at 10.90) and Chioma Ajunwa (who ran a time of 10.84 back in Lagos in 1992 that was never ratified as the record for one reason or another...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCH2vjROrp4

It's fair to say that Blessing is now the undisputed African 100m Record Holder - bring on the world!

For my analysis of her chances at the World Championships in Moscow, check out my blog here: http://makingofchampions.net/2013/08/01/blessings-triple-threat-for-the-world-championships/

Basically, Blessing can get 3 GOLDs (100m, 200m, and Long Jump) and a Bronze (in 4x100m)- that's why my heart wants for her and Nigeria, but Shelly-Ann Fraser, Allyson Felix and Brittany Reese will be the 3 girls the world will be tipping to win her events, so Blessing should at least get Silver in each on current form! I'll tip her to upset Alyson Felix in the 200m at the World Champs. One thing's for certain - she'll get Mary Onyali's African Record of 22.07 in 2 week's time for some colour of medal. She may also get Chioma Ajunwa's Long Jump African Record of 7.12m. You heard it here first! wink
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by rume(m): 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
bambostic: Team Nigeria!

In preparation for the World Champs starting in just over a week, check out this video celebrating Blessing Okagbare's feat of breaking the 100m African Record twice within 2 hours on Saturday! You'll see from the video that it's been a very long time coming - and the video also pays homage to former African Track & Field Queens, Glory Alozie (the former official holder of the record at 10.90) and Chioma Ajunwa (who ran a time of 10.84 back in Lagos in 1992 that was never ratified as the record for one reason or another...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCH2vjROrp4

It's fair to say that Blessing is now the undisputed African 100m Record Holder - bring on the world!

For my analysis of her chances at the World Championships in Moscow, check out my blog here: http://makingofchampions.net/2013/08/01/blessings-triple-threat-for-the-world-championships/

Basically, Blessing can get 3 GOLDs (100m, 200m, and Long Jump) and a Bronze (in 4x100m)- that's why my heart wants for her and Nigeria, but Shelly-Ann Fraser, Allyson Felix and Brittany Reese will be the 3 girls the world will be tipping to win her events, so Blessing should at least get Silver in each on current form! I'll tip her to upset Alyson Felix in the 200m at the World Champs. One thing's for certain - she'll get Mary Onyali's African Record of 22.07 in 2 week's time for some colour of medal. She may also get Chioma Ajunwa's Long Jump African Record of 7.12m. You heard it here first! wink

I'd be hugely surprised if she did all of these events. I mean she's human(okay, superhuman to a degree cheesy). I know Allyson Felix's feat at the olympic games last year is similar, but...
100m and Long Jump, likely, 200m as well, unlikely, though she has been picked for all three by the AFN.

Nonetheless, we'll see in a few weeks, makes it all exciting smiley
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by bambostic: 2:19am On Aug 03, 2013
rume:

I'd be hugely surprised if she did all of these events. I mean she's human(okay, superhuman to a degree cheesy). I know Allyson Felix's feat at the olympic games last year is similar, but...
100m and Long Jump, likely, 200m as well, unlikely, though she has been picked for all three by the AFN.

Nonetheless, we'll see in a few weeks, makes it all exciting smiley

Actually, I think it is almost a certainty she will do all 3 - the 200m doesn't start till Thurs Aug 15th, whereas the Long Jump ends on the Sunday (Aug 11th) and the 100m ends on Monday (Aug 12th)...as such it would be illogical not to try the 200m, when she can realistically win a medal there too, once the other two events are over.

The real question is whether the Long Jump final the day before the 100m semis and final would affect her performance in the 100m? Will she be able to recover on time to put up her best performance in the 100m? Only time will tell...we'll know in about 10 days!
Re: Okagbare Breaks African 100m Record Twice In Two Hours!!! by M4gunners: 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Philipsdael: nonesense!!!
She is not representing nigeria...
(the chic didnt wear green....)
Could this be jealousy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PARKNBET Number One Sport Betting Company In Nigeria / Ganduje, Deputy Governors Take Cover, As Police Teargas Fans After Aiteo Game / FIFA Bans International Games In Russia, No Flag Or Anthem Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.