Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) (13815 Views)

Virtues Of The First Ten Days Of Dhul Hijjah / Superiority Of The First Ten Days Of Dhul-hijjah / Last Ten Days Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by deols(f): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
usefaith:
jazakillahu for that.

Wa iyyakum
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Sissie(f): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
deols:

Do people from outside pray in that mosque? I dont know much about how qualified your family mosque is.

But if you would be shuttling, it is just as I explained above. It is like you having tahajjud and not itikaf(seclusion).

But if your mosque is qualified (I need more learned people on that) you can get people to do whatever you want done for you while you STAY in the mosque.

Is your house mosque a jumuah mosque?
The mosque should be a jumuah mosque, and a mosque that adhan is called.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by bbkkatunxo: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Dsame topic will discuss yesterday wen we had our ilorin iftar host by kokozain, it really interesting, d speaker was Highrank.at d op Jazakumllah for the d topic
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by raeez(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
Wa iyya kum
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by readonenaire(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Anyone going to Al-usrah port harcourt, for it'khaf
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
if we'r opportuned to see d night of Qadr,
Are we to make Dua only ? Or read Quran ? Or make Nawafil ? Pls answer
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Sissie(f): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
Goodboy2012: if we'r opportuned to see d night of Qadr,
You do all.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by raeez(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
The number of people at the university of ibadan central mosque a little bit less compared to previous years maybe its because of the high cost in registration or because students are not in session
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Abuklaw(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
May Allah SWT accept our supplication and make our foothold firm on the right path,it's very painful that academics session will snatch full seclusion from me #tears#
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Ibro4peak: 5:39am On Jul 30, 2013
deols: Amin.
Wa alaykum salam
mark u @ deols i'tikaf is performed nt in any msq bt a jummah msq.

Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by deols(f): 6:09am On Jul 30, 2013
Goodboy2012: if we'r opportuned to see d night of Qadr,

All. But since we dont know which it is, we are to seek it throughout the ten days.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by deols(f): 6:11am On Jul 30, 2013
[quote author=Ibro4peak][/quote]

Ok.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Subuhanalahi: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2013
Wa alaekun salam.
Amin
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by huseinhad(m): 7:23am On Jul 30, 2013
Amiiiin. may ALLAH accept all our prayer
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Kholerpo(f): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2013
Jaza kumullahu khairan 2 all. May Allah giv us d strenght 2 worshp him and accept it as an act of Ibadah.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by yat11: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Ademo2: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
salam bros nd sis,pls as am in my place of work nw nd cant mak it 2 itikaf til d fifth day i it stil ok 4 me?
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Ademo2: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
pls am still waitin 4 ans
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by deols(f): 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ademo2: salam bros nd sis,pls as am in my place of work nw nd cant mak it 2 itikaf til d fifth day i it stil ok 4 me?

Yes. It is.

But for now, you should pray in the night
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by tbaba1234: 5:03am On Jul 31, 2013
deols:

Pray the 13 rakaah of tahajjud.

It depends.... The one rakat of witr can only be done once in the night. Hence if you did your witr after isha, you don't repeat it.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There cannot be no two Witrs in one night.”
[Ahmed 1626, Nisai 1675, Abu Dawud 1439].

JazakAllahu Khair for the good work..May Allah grant you the best this Ramadan.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by deols(f): 6:13am On Jul 31, 2013
tbaba1234:

It depends.... The one rakat of witr can only be done once in the night. Hence if you did your witr after isha, you don't repeat it.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There cannot be no two Witrs in one night.”
[Ahmed 1626, Nisai 1675, Abu Dawud 1439].

JazakAllahu Khair for the good work..May Allah grant you the best this Ramadan.

I mentioned all that he would do in a night from between ishai and subh.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by tbaba1234: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
deols:

I mentioned all that he would do in a night from between ishai and subh.

I made the comment because some people do witr after tarawih and again after tahajjud.. Once it is done, no need to repeat.

It is preferable to make witr, the last prayer of the night.

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Make the last of your prayer at night Witr.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 998; Muslim, 751.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by BetaThings: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
tbaba1234:

I made the comment because some people do witr after tarawih and again after tahajjud.. Once it is done, no need to repeat.

It is preferable to make witr, the last prayer of the night.

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Make the last of your prayer at night Witr.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 998; Muslim, 751.

What exactly is witr because people always speak of "shafi witr"?
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by tbaba1234: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
BetaThings:

What exactly is witr because people always speak of "shafi witr"?

Witr is the last one rakat.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by siddiq202(m): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
Which one is shafi?
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by tbaba1234: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
^I know there are two rakat nawafil after Isha then witr....
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by BetaThings: 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

Witr is the last one rakat.
thanks
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by siddiq202(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
tbaba1234: ^I know there are two rakat nawafil after Isha then witr....
ok thanks.
I've always thought that the three rakats are witr. Also, I hear people say you can observe the 3 rakats without salamo/sitting between the second and the last rakat if you want. Or observe only one rakat. Please clarify
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by tbaba1234: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
siddiq202:
ok thanks.
I've always thought that the three rakats are witr. Also, I heard people say you can observe the 3 rakats without salamo/sitting between the second and the last rakat if you want. Please clarify

I have seen that too... It was weird when i first saw it.

Maybe there are differing opinions, i don't know.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by siddiq202(m): 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
Actually, I've observed it that way behind some Imams before and some times alone. And yes it's weird. I nearly shout subuhanallah to call the Imam to order during my first time.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Sissie(f): 1:22am On Aug 04, 2013
siddiq202:
ok thanks.
I've always thought that the three rakats are witr. Also, I hear people say you can observe the 3 rakats without salamo/sitting between the second and the last rakat if you want. Or observe only one rakat. Please clarify
You can pray the witr prayer with only one tashahud and taslim, you can also pray witr with two tashahud and 2 taslim.
Re: I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) by Sissie(f): 1:54am On Aug 04, 2013
siddiq202:
ok thanks.
you can perform 11, 9,7,5,3 or 1 rakat, for witr prayer, So some people pray 3 rakats for witr. So you thinking the 3 rakats are witr is correct.
While some pray 2 nawafil rakat and 1 witr rakat. I.e the shafi school of thought.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Complete Missed Rakah(s) Of A Prayer. / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.