Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

First Bank, Executive Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank, Executive Trainee (6263 Views)

Fresh Graduate Executive Trainee Recruitment At Genesis Group Nigeria Limited / Dangote Refinery Executive Trainee / Gtbank Fresh Graduate Executive Trainee .latest Nigerian Jobs 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank, Executive Trainee by dearie(m): 9:57am On May 26, 2006
Pls has anyone gotten a letter of employment to commence training on the 5th of next month, i understand it will be in two batches, please i want to be sure, so that we're not schemed out after the medical test, cos i know the 1st batch list is out, please i need ur responses , Na Naija we dey o. it's urgent!
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by darqly(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2006
Well I did the test also, but my Zone was in Abuja. The site tells me to check back for another list on the 12th of June.
I expect that the bulk of those getting letters now are from SW, NW and NE zone. But most of the workers there tell me medical is just a formality and I'm being "congratulated" already for getting the job.

Where'd you do your test?
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by bibibanwo: 1:49pm On May 26, 2006
hi
Congrats to u guys i did the interview in lagos but did not get the medicals letter,wish u all the best.just keep praying .U NO SAY FOR NAIJA ANYTHING FIT HAPPEN
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by darqly(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2006
Well, any "Firstbankers" in da house? Perhaps you could help us out here. And then if you have been invited in this first batch, do let us know. smiley
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by emmyray(m): 11:52am On May 27, 2006
for the brother that didnt see his name after the interview, check again.i didnt see my name at first.infact they told me they where sorry they couldnt continue to process my application again.but i looked again out of curiousity two days ago and saw it, surprising ehhn,.i did my medicals yersterday.so check it again,you could be favored.(all things are possible to them that believe)
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by Rosez(f): 3:13pm On May 30, 2006
Hi,
I happen to work wih First Bank. I'm aware the first batch of trainees are starting their orientation first week of June and i gather it will be at 3 locations, Lagos, Kano and in the East(not sure which state). The second batch will cmomence as soon as the first batch rounds up. That will be in the first week of July. And for those who did the medical tests, Congratulations cos there isn't any reason why u won't get ur emploment letters
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by chy(f): 3:54pm On May 30, 2006
does it mean the just waste money to do medicals without
considering those that are not physically fit
there is no need for medicals then
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by darqly(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2006
@ Rosez, thanks for the clarification. I guess we can rest easy now!!
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by bibibanwo: 7:12pm On May 31, 2006
EMMYRAY
well i think thats the eight wonder of the world ,but were u sent a text for notification of medicals.well all the best in your firstbank career
R>>>>>>E<<<<P<<<<L>>>>>>>Y
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by tonn(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2006
Rosez,
Thanks so much for the clearification, that means I can rest and wait for the 2nd batch to be released. Pls could you tell how much first bank pays, considering the second phase of this consolidation excercise presently going on in banks.I just want to have an idea. Thanks so much.
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by emmyray(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2006
bibiwanwo,, my friends saw theirs in their website and told me.i didnt believe it until i saw it too.i cheked the first time and i saw with my own eyes that they could not continue processing with my application.but i found out that some other people had that same problem,given the number of people i saw that day during my own medicals.
for the person asking for how much first bank pays,my friend calculated his and we found out that they pay about 720,000 naira per annum ie about 60 k monthly.hope this helps,
(all things are possible to them that believe)
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by thomas44: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2006
hello my naija people,as regards d first bank stuff,i did mine in benin and was told 2 check back june 12 while others are undergoing training.pls first bank 4 d sake of my suffering single parent mum dnt play a fast one on us!to pass d test n interview no easy.abi we neva try? cry
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by daintyopal: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2006
[color=#990000][/color] HEARTY CONGRATS 2 ALL THOSE WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL, ALL D VERY BEST & PLEASE TRY 2 MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN D BANKING SECTOR. , LOL! kiss
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by chy(f): 10:43am On Jun 06, 2006
i feel all should have patience the will still call
the second batch as far as u ve passed the medicals
so keep on hoping God will do it Amen
[quote][/quote]Weep no more
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by Rosez(f): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2006
" Thanks so much for the clearification, that means I can rest and wait for the 2nd batch to be released. Please could you tell how much first bank pays, considering the second phase of this consolidation excercise presently going on in banks.I just want to have an idea. Thanks so much."

Tonn
FirstBank doesn't pay as much as other new generations bank but they have come long way from what they used to offer. Meanwhile, there are so many incentives u won't get anywhere else with less stress too. It depends on what you want really. And i can tell u that u are less likely to be laid off or sacked just like that without having a good hearing. You get alot of training too. Meanwhile, I confirmed that the first batch of trainees should be in training schoolfor just 2 weeks.So the 2ndbatch will be going in sooner.
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by tonn(m): 3:23am On Jun 09, 2006
Rosez:

Tonn
FirstBank doesn't pay as much as other new generations bank but they have come long way from what they used to offer. Meanwhile, there are so many incentives u won't get anywhere else with less stress too. It depends on what you want really. And i can tell u that u are less likely to be laid off or sacked just like that without having a good hearing. You get alot of training too. Meanwhile, I confirmed that the first batch of trainees should be in training schoolfor just 2 weeks.So the 2ndbatch will be going in sooner.

Tnx a lot Rosez, u are a darling. I appreciate ur responses. All the best.
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by favourite(f): 10:31am On Jun 09, 2006
is the 60k per month the basic salary only or inclusive of everything like housing, transportation etc. Just curious
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by Rosez(f): 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2006
Favourite,
Dis i say 60k per month? Not sure cos its more than that. The pay also varies as u get what we call Location Allowance which varies. Those in Abuja and Laogs definitely won't recieve what those in Platuea states get. So there is a little variance. Then u don't include ur leave allowance which is over alot anyway. You are entitled to a car loan of over 650k after ur confirmation. The interest rate is as low as 2% payable in 5 years. You, your suppose and four dependants(have to be your kids) are entitled to free medical treatment and I can tell u First Bank uses the best hospitals around
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by chy(f): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2006
@roesz u be marketer for that first bank the should promote because
you are really doing a great job for them uplifting the image of the company
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by jossygirl: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2006
pls is there any 1st banker in the house. we were to check the web today but up to this moment nothing is there for us. has any one got any news for me pls?
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by darqly(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2006
A friend of mine called their office in Abuja. We were told they're working on it as fast as they can and that we would receive SMS's today or tomorrow telling us to check the update on their website.
Let's keep em crossed abi?? wink
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by funsoo(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2006
Working in the bank? interesting and challenging. I am seriously praying for you Guys. God will do wonders in your life. i have spent over 15 yrs in the industry,and im still waxing stronger. You will be there too.Pls do not abandon this site when you get a job. Remember to assist others with information .
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by thomas44: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2006
hi friends am really scared that we have not heard from 1st bank as promised by them.today is 13th.i hope the proverbial "june 12th" will not rear its ugly head again.God forbid.pls first bank dont let us wait in vain.i really need this job.thanks
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by darqly(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2006
Hello People, I just received an SMS from Firstbank offering me "Employment". Hope all other prospective "Firstbankers" get theirs, or just head on to their website and find out for yourselves.

Luv to all Nairalanders, and em, tonisafe22, will you marry me?? Am employed now!! grin
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by baballe: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2006
hi guys i just recieved an sms today and the site has been update you can check for your offer.all the best
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by abdulkadir(m): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2006
hi guys i did get an sms today, you could check the site now it has been updated but i have a problem i finding the "i accept " botton, good luck
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by daintyopal: 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2006
CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN TO Y ' ALL - SUCCESSFUL FIRSTBANKERS &
ALL THE VERY BEST TOO wink
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by tonn(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2006
I am yet to hear from them, checked up their site and saw the same old news that my application is still being processed. Well I'm hoping that another batch will be released soon. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Howbeit, I am wishing everyone of you that have gotten your letters of employment the best of times in your new career. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by jossygirl: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2006
congrates to all you guys who received the text message yesterday. please make the very best out of the offer. guess you all know how difficult it is getting such offers in niger. pls am still ask to keep checking the site. is there any hope for me. does any one know how many batches there will be and how the selection is done? am begining to loss hope. someone bail me out.
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by funsoo(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2006
Congratulations. Working in the bank can be interesting and rewarding.Please ensure you register with ICAN or CIBN immidiately. It is one thing to get a good job and it is another thing to excel. Punctuality is a must in the bank,while honesty should be your watchword. Do not be tempted by get rich syndrome. Customers will approach for fraud and other malpractices , your colleagues will also do thesame.Never fall for it ,the results is dangerous
    You will be stressed up at times and intimidated at a point, because some people over there are frustrated on a grade- YOU will soon become their senior because of your qualifications. The best you can do when you get a fresh job is to be thinking of retirement-sound funny?. If you embrace this philosophy you will be able to plan effectively for the future
    Ensure you save and invest wisely
I wish you all best of luck
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by abdulkadir(m): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2006
tonn: i think there is still going to be another batch, i heard from some soure that they arehiring about eight hundred, kano learning center has about 70 trainees at the moment, so it sounds real since there are using just 2 training school kano and lag, so assume another 70 or 80 for kano and maybe 150 or so for lag, if the figure from my source is correct thre is still going to be another batch, moreover a friend in training school at the moment told me one of the tutors said there is going to be alleast 3 batches

funsoo; thanks for the advice we wil appriciate pple like you
Re: First Bank, Executive Trainee by tonn(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2006
Tnx so much Abdulkadir for the info, i really appreciate it.
Jossy girl, do not fret, if you were sent a txt message inviting you for the medical test or you got an email invitation to the medicals, then you need not worry, cos your name would most likely be in the third batch, as I heard.
I went to make enquiries today as to why I was yet to be contacted and I was made to understand that if truely I was invited for the medicals then my name would most likely be included in the third batch but that they do not know when the third batch would be released. I also learnt that the total no of trainees isn't up to 600.
So lets keep our fingers crossed, cos there is definitely a third batch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019/2020 Nigerian AGIP Exploration Ltd Post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme / Jumia Sales Consultants/ Agents Needed / Graduate Openings At Entefrica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.