Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Sunday Work Good Or Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Work Good Or Not (1857 Views)

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. / Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? / What Makes An Action Morally Good (or Bad) ? - Divine Command Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Work Good Or Not by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
Is it a sin to work for money on a sunday? As a programmer am always working round the clock both on sunday. What is your personal take on this topic. Note: your opinion ramains an opinion
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Tok4real: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Don Ocso: Is it a sin to work for money on a sunday? As a programmer am always working round the clock both on sunday. What is your personal take on this topic. Note: your opinion ramains an opinion
To be factual working on sunday is a bad idea because it is clearly enunciate from the Bible that remember the sabath day to keep it only.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
dont you think that portion of the bibble applies to the days of old when sabath was the 7th day undecided
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Don Ocso: Is it a sin to work for money on a sunday? As a programmer am always working round the clock both on sunday. What is your personal take on this topic. Note: your opinion ramains an opinion

The Sabbath day was, and is on the 7th day. Starting sundown Friday and ending sundown Saturday.
Paul and his contemporaries kept the Sabbath. Most of Christianity today does not. Working on Sunday is fine.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The Sabbath day was, and is on the 7th day. Starting sundown Friday and ending sundown Saturday.
Paul and his contemporaries kept the Sabbath. Most of Christianity today does not. Working on Sunday is fine.
watch ya mouth my judaizer fewd
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: watch ya mouth my judaizer fewd

any lie there?
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

any lie there?
yes u lie unto da word.Sabbath is a shadow of God's rest not a religious day as u assume.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: yes u lie unto da word.Sabbath is a shadow of God's rest not a religious day as u assume.

Problem with you and your crowd is you don't even know what Paul means by "shadow".
The Jews kept the feast of Pentecost for few thousand years before it came to pass. Now, before it came to pass, it was a shadow of what was to come. After it was fulfilled, they kept it.
Interestingly, the church remembers Pentecost, and yet, everything else is a 'shadow'. Jokers

The Israelites and those that lived among them were told to keep the sabbath and feast days "for all time to come". What do you not understand by that?
The feast of Leviticus 23 are prophetic. Christ did not fulfil all. The 3 feasts remain, and they pertain to the second coming.

Shalom
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Problem with you and your crowd is you don't even know what Paul means by "shadow".
The Jews kept the feast of Pentecost for few thousand years before it came to pass. Now, before it came to pass, it was a shadow of what was to come. After it was fulfilled, they kept it.
Interestingly, the church remembers Pentecost, and yet, everything else is a 'shadow'. Jokers

The Israelites and those that lived among them were told to keep the sabbath and feast days "for all time to come". What do you not understand by that?
The feast of Leviticus 23 are prophetic. Christ did not fulfil all. The 3 feasts remain, and they pertain to the second coming.

Shalom
you also a type n shadow of serpent in da garden,deceiving yasef n deceiving dem some pple.show me one feast in dem leviticus n I show u how Christ fulfilled them.LIAR!
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: you also a type n shadow of serpent in da garden,deceiving yasef n deceiving dem some pple.show me one feast in dem leviticus n I show u how Christ fulfilled them.LIAR!

I'm quite sad for you.
1. Feast of Passover:
Leviticus 23:5 "In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight, is the Lord’s Passover"
1 Corinthians 5:7 " Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us".
Christ was the sacrificial lamb. His blood is sufficient.

2. Feast of Unleavened Bread:
Leviticus 23:6 "And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread".
This feast points to the Jesus' sinless life (as leaven is a picture of sin in the Bible), making Him the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Note, this is one day after the Passover.

3. Feast of First Fruits:
1 Corinthians 15:20 "But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep".
Jesus was resurrected on this day, 3 days after Passover, hence he was raised on the third day.

4. Pentecost:
Leviticus 23:16 "You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the Lord".
Christians believe the Church was established on this day when God poured out His Holy Spirit (as prophesied in Joel 2:28), and 3000 Jews responded to Peter's sermon.

The three fall feasts, so-called because they take place in the autumn months, have not been fulfilled. They are:

The Feast of Trumpets - first day of the seventh month
The Day of Atonement - tenth day of the seventh month
Feast of Tabernacles - fifteenth day of the seventh month

These three point to Christ's second coming. So how you think Christ has fulfilled them all is absurd. Joker
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
The topic is getting intresting please nobody should vex for anybody. I think we should follow the question like these
1. Is it a sin to work on a sabath?

2. When is sabath?

3. How can we fit in a 24hr age with working on a sabath?
Thanks undecided
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Don Ocso:

The topic is getting intresting please nobody should vex for anybody. I think we should follow the question like these
1. Is it a sin to work on a sabath?

2. When is sabath?

3. How can we fit in a 24hr age with working on a sabath?
Thanks undecided

1: It is a sin. Sin the the transgression of the law. The church in Acts kept the Sabbath.
Acts 13: 42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

The Sabbath starts on Friday evening, and ends saturday evening. ie the 7th day
Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day".

To your final question, I say to you, choose who you will serve.
Also, even if you observe this commandment, it does not make you righteous is God's sight. The blood of Christ is sufficient. We observe these laws because we love God and want to do what pleases Him.

Shalom
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I'm quite sad for you.
1. Feast of Passover:
Leviticus 23:5 "In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight, is the Lord’s Passover"
1 Corinthians 5:7 " Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us".
Christ was the sacrificial lamb. His blood is sufficient.

2. Feast of Unleavened Bread:
Leviticus 23:6 "And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread".
This feast points to the Jesus' sinless life (as leaven is a picture of sin in the Bible), making Him the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Note, this is one day after the Passover.

3. Feast of First Fruits:
1 Corinthians 15:20 "But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep".
Jesus was resurrected on this day, 3 days after Passover, hence he was raised on the third day.

4. Pentecost:
Leviticus 23:16 "You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the Lord".
Christians believe the Church was established on this day when God poured out His Holy Spirit (as prophesied in Joel 2:28), and 3000 Jews responded to Peter's sermon.

The three fall feasts, so-called because they take place in the autumn months, have not been fulfilled. They are:

The Feast of Trumpets - first day of the seventh month
The Day of Atonement - tenth day of the seventh month
Feast of Tabernacles - fifteenth day of the seventh month

These three point to Christ's second coming. So how you think Christ has fulfilled them all is absurd. Joker

I will expose this ya satanic teachings that adds to what already done.give me some time.you just said Christ is coming to fulfill these three feast,LIAR YOU ARE.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by shdemidemi(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
^^^^Please pray for jesusislord instead so the eyes of his mind can be opened to these things that have been freely given unto believers.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
[size=13pt]sunday is just lik every oda day, except u wanna die wit d old era (testament)

John 4:21-24 NIV John 4:21 NIV

“Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

You Samaritans worship what you do not know;
we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

wat dis is sayin is dat u dont need 2 go 2 anywhere(church) b4 u can worship GOD , u can do d worship right where ur re. in those days jerusalem was were d church was sited n people who can mk it there always go 2 d moiutain 2 pray. Jesus here was telling d woman at d well dat there is no need 4 dat anymore.

1 Corinthians 6:19 NIV

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

frm dis passange u wil agree wit me dat since our body is d temple of GOD, we don't need 2 seek or look 4 anoda temple (Church)2 worship GOD.

u don't av to climb d highest moutain or move 360degree all u lookin 4 is within u (frm asa)

[/size]
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^Please pray for jesusislord instead so the eyes of his mind can be opened to these things that have been freely given unto believers.
I will pray for him n upon exposing him n dem satanic teachings that Christ have not fulfill those 3 feast, I will then pray openly for him.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^Please pray for jesusislord instead so the eyes of his mind can be opened to these things that have been freely given unto believers.

So shdemidemi, you also reckon Jesus fulfilled all 7 feasts already? Even your typical lawless man does not follow this. Your friend here speaks like a child, I would advise he sends his messages to you for editing before disgracing himself on the world wide web.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

So shdemidemi, you also reckon Jesus fulfilled all 7 feasts already? Even your typical lawless man does not follow this. Your friend here speaks like a child, I would advise he sends his messages to you for editing before disgracing himself on the world wide web.
because u dont know doesn't mean another man is as ignorant as you.am writing how Christ fully fulfilled those feast.y not cool yaself down n learn.talkative like u knows nothing.u talk too much mehn.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by shdemidemi(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
@jesusislord
Head knowledge adds to nothing, you need to understand what you are learning. What has tradition and rituals of the Jews got to do with my salvation, there is no room for it in this gospel.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by JesusisLord85: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
shdemidemi: @jesusislord
Head knowledge adds to nothing, you need to understand what you are learning. What has tradition and rituals of the Jews got to do with my salvation, there is no room for it in this gospel.

That was not my question. DO you believe Christ fulfilled the 7 prophetic feasts?
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
Christ fulfilled the FEAST OF THE TRUMPETS. Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. Leviticus 23:24

What does it symbolize and how did Christ the fulfillments? “The trumpet is the revelation or revealing voice of Jesus Christ”. Jesus Christ called the seven churches with His voice of the trumpet.

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. Rev.4v1.

Under the old covenant of the Jewish calendar, The Feast of Trumpets was on the first day of the 7th month (Fall of the Year). They blew the trumpets to call the nation to prepare for the coming Day of Atonement and the Harvest of the Feast of Tabernacles. There were two kinds of trumpets:

1. Ram’s Horns---This was the trumpet of Jubilee. It came from the sacrifice.

2. Silver---There were two silver trumpets (witness, testimony, and covenant), speaking of Christ in the fullness of His body, or again, the Jew and Gentile in one Body (1 Pet. 1:14-20; Eph. 2: 14-15). The silver speaks of redemption and is blown by the redeemed. It is blown by the priest (believer). There were several purposes for the blowing of the trumpets (Num. 10: 1-10):

The calling of the Assembly—10:2: “Make two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shall you make them; that you may use them for the calling of the assembly; and for the journeyings of the camps.” The tribes were gathered together as one nation. The church is gathered as One in the Lord Jesus. This is the principle of Unity.

Eph. 1:10: “That in the dispensation of the fullness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even in Him.

Eph. 4:13: “Till we come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.”

The Journeyings of the Camps: When the cloud moved, the trumpets sounded, and the people were to move with God. God is moving the Church from Pentecost to Tabernacles.

Hebrews 6:1: “Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on to perfection (MATURITY); not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this we will do, if God permit.”

The Calling of the Princes: 10:4: “If they blow but with one trumpet, then the princes, which are heads of the thousands of Israel, shall gather themselves to you.” This was for the leadership of the nation only one trumpet was blown. God is calling the leaders of the church together that He might speak to them.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Tgirl4real(f): 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

1: It is a sin. Sin the the transgression of the law. The church in Acts kept the Sabbath.
Acts 13: 42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

The Sabbath starts on Friday evening, and ends saturday evening. ie the 7th day
Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day".

To your final question, I say to you, choose who you will serve.
Also, even if you observe this commandment, it does not make you righteous is God's sight. The blood of Christ is sufficient. We observe these laws because we love God and want to do what pleases Him.

Shalom

If the blood of Christ is sufficient, why are you calling it a sin - transgression of the law? Sincerely I don't get.

Aside the places you mentioned in Acts, can u pls provide me with scriptures in the epistles where the believers met on the Sabbath day?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is wrong to keep the Sabbath. Perdventure, open worship is banned and it becomes almost impossible to met to fellowship as believers, would it be wrong if your church decides to met say on a thursday?
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by shdemidemi(m): 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
JesusisLord85:

That was not my question. DO you believe Christ fulfilled the 7 prophetic feasts?

Why not! Jesus was the embodiment of the law, he was representation of the law on the cross.

He did not just obey it, he told the people to obey the law until the fulfilment of the law. After his death the bible says he condemned the law in the flesh, he made us free from the law that came to condemn (the law of sin and death) us through the law of Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

If the blood of Christ is sufficient, why are you calling it a sin - transgression of the law? Sincerely I don't get.

Aside the places you mentioned in Acts, can u pls provide me with scriptures in the epistles where the believers met on the Sabbath day?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is wrong to keep the Sabbath. Perdventure, open worship is banned and it becomes almost impossible to met to fellowship as believers, would it be wrong if your church decides to met say on a thursday?
transgression of the law?what law does a christian have?da law of moses?do not pay him no attention!only jews and judaizers will advocate them sabbath not knowing da true meaning.even his brother Bidam will not agree with him on da sabbath thing.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: transgression of the law?what law does a christian have?da law of moses?do not pay him no attention!only jews and judaizers will advocate them sabbath not knowing da true meaning.even his brother Bidam will not agree with him on da sabbath thing.
grin I am still open to learning concerning the sabbath. Since the bible is clear that there remaineth a sabbath rest for the people of God.I am of the view that sundays meeting was borrowed from the paganistic gentiles worship and introduced into the churches as a day of meetings.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by shdemidemi(m): 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
Gal 4;9
9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.

Col 2

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
In every Feast of Israel, God required animal sacrifices to be given as atonement for sin. This is also true of the Feast of Tabernacles. In fact, the Feast of Tabernacles lasted for eight full days and God commanded blood sacrifices as an atonement for sin on each day. (Numbers 29:12-38)

These sacrifices for sin of course pointed to the atonement that Christ made at his First Coming. This is only one way in which he brought fulfillment to this Feast. There is more symbolized in Tabernacles however than the blood atonement of Christ. This Feast was also called the Feast of Ingathering. It was a time of year when the nation of Israel was to bring in their crops from the field. (Exodus 23:16; 34:22) This too, has spiritual significance for believers now under the New Covenant.

From a Harvest of Crops to a Harvest of Souls.

The harvest of crops that Israel brought in during the Feast of Tabernacles was a shadow or picture of a greater spiritual harvest to come under the New Covenant. The Lord Jesus was the first to step out and labor in this harvest field when he began preaching repentance and about the Kingdom of God. After Jesus had spoken to the woman at the
well, he shared with his disciples about a different kind of harvest. Although his disciples had their minds on physical things, Jesus had his mind on the spiritual. He said to them:

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages; even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying 'One sows and another reaps' is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor." (John 4:34-38)

In this passage, Jesus is referring to a harvest or ingathering of souls or people. Just as man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes out of the mouth of God, so the Lord did not live on food alone but his priority and passion was to bring souls to eternal salvation. (Matthew 4:4) As soon as he stepped out into his public ministry, the fields were already ripe for harvest. Many people responded to his message. Today the fields are ripe with harvest as well and like Jesus, we should make sharing the love of God and the Gospel with people a higher priority than earthly things. (Colossians 3:1-3).

So besides the blood atonement, in what other ways did Jesus bring complete fulfillment to the Feast of Tabernacles? To know the answer to this we must read the account of the last time that Jesus kept the Feast of Tabernacles. This account is recorded in John chapter seven. In this chapter we learn about other ways in which Jesus brought further fulfillment to this particular Feast. At first, he told his brothers that he was not going to the Feast, but later went up in secret. (John 7:1-10) Halfway through the Feast of Tabernacles, Jesus went up to the Temple to teach. On the Last Great Day of the Feast, Jesus publicly declared in a loud voice so all could hear:

“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.” (John 7:38-39).

Here Jesus was showing how the Feast of Tabernacles is fulfilled in him. Although people could believe in him before he went to the Cross, they could not receive the Spirit until after he died and was resurrected. The Holy Spirit could not actually be poured out until the Day of Pentecost was fulfilled.

The Feast of Tabernacles under the law was not only a shadow of the atonement but also of salvation in Christ. This Feast not only pointed to the time when Christ would come to dwell among men in the flesh, but also when men would literally receive the indwelling of Christ and his Spirit. When one receives Christ, they have been harvested as a saved soul. First we will learn about how Christ came to dwell among men. The Apostle John wrote
concerning this.

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14)

In the original Greek, John chooses a word that reveals to us the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles in Christ through his First Coming. Young’s Literal Translation reads:

“And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14).

When Old Testament Israel kept this Feast under the law, they made temporary shelters, (booths, tabernacles) to dwell in. Hence the name Feast of Tabernacles. (Leviticus 23:40-44) Although the Apostles lived during the time that Jesus came to dwell or tabernacle among men in the flesh, there is an even greater spiritual reality that the Feast of
Tabernacles has become for all believers in the Church. This was a shadow of the reality of God coming to dwell or tabernacle in men, a temple not made with hand and bricks and stones - believers are the temple of God.

The Indwelling of Christ

Although Jesus died on the Cross, he was also resurrected in power and glory and now sits at the right hand of the Father. However, before he went to the Cross, he assured his disciples that he would come to dwell or tabernacle in them even though he had to depart. Paul had insight into this great mystery of the indwelling of Christ and wrote to the Church at Colosse:

“I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” (Colossians 1:25-27).

Paul told the Colossians that he was commissioned by God to present the Word of God in its fullness. How was it possible for Paul to do this? It was because Christ had already brought the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets through the atonement. Now that he had brought the real thing, the word of God could be given in its fullness to believers in the New Covenant WHICH WAS IN PARTS; PIECES AND SHADOWS TO THE ISRAELITES. Since God now dwelled on the inside of believers, they could now also have the ability to receive divine revelation and understanding through the Spirit. (I Corinthians 2:9-13) This mystery of God had been previously hidden in the Old Testament but has now been disclosed to the saints of God. The greatest mystery revealed is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Christ in you.

This is a perfect example of the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles and its reality in our lives today. You and I are living proof that the Feast of Tabernacles has truly already been fulfilled. Not only does Christ dwell or tabernacle in us but so does the precious Holy Spirit and our Father in heaven as well. (John 14:16-17) The Lord confirmed this personally through his word. He prepared his disciples in advance for the coming of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost and also taught them concerning the indwelling of the Father, Son and Spirit.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bidam: grin I am still open to learning concerning the sabbath. Since the bible is clear that there remaineth a sabbath rest for the people of God.I am of the view that sundays meeting was borrowed from the paganistic gentiles worship and introduced into the churches as a day of meetings.
Bidam, okay. i promise to be your fewd if u will listen n go study or search more what someone will say.do you believe everything in the law is a shadow and everything under the law n da prophet is pointing to christ?
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by flourishG(m): 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
shdemidemi: Gal 4;9
9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.

Col 2

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
this scripture can never be true then if christ never fulfilled all the festivals given to dem da jews.WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME BUT THE SUBSTANCE IN OF CHRIST!C'mon mehn, that's it right there!
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Tgirl4real(f): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2013
I am learning a great deal....hmm...
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2013
[quote author=flourishG]
Bidam, okay. i promise to be your fewd if u will listen n go study or search more what someone will say
grin I have plenty friends already, where i go con put you now.Just kidding.
do you believe everything in the law is a shadow and everything under the law n da prophet is pointing to christ?
Actually the shadow was not the commandments which were summarized by Christ to two but the rituals,sacrifices,temple laws,Jewish customs and feasts that are shadows. The Mosaic religious institutions, including the sacrifices; the feasts; the specific form of the Sabbath duties; and the restrictions and requirements in terms of dress codes, beards and the such like, are no longer binding on us in this new dispensation of grace. It was not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats could provide a sufficient sacrifice (Heb. 10:4). The promise of forgiveness made in the Torah was dependent on the sacrifice of Messiah and derived its strength from that ultimate sacrifice.
Re: Sunday Work Good Or Not by shdemidemi(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2013
@ bidam
As Christians we are faced with two separate laws in the scriptures

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Could you please tell me what these two laws are?

Can the two laws depend on each other?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Comparing Jesus And Muhammed / Convert Your Sermons Into A Book Here / SEE Church Where All Members Worship God Unclad (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.