Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. (37863 Views)

Fayose's Tweet On Rivers Rerun Election / INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by destin200: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2013
Ride on u get mouth
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by enigmatique(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2013
I must say that the man made sense. If you keep calm and pay attention, you'll catch 70-80% of wat he is saying. By d way, I learnt that this is how he always speaks. He isn't putting up an act at all. Someone even said his wife was quizzed and she confirmed that that is how he always speaks. Honorable Patrick, ride on jare!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by yusufu16: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
This man knows what he is saying

kakistocracy (plural kakistocracies): Government under the control of a nation's worst or least-qualified citizens.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by ceah(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by Amillesauce: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2013
ceah:

You mean he will rap well in eedris style... grin grin grin

Trust me brother he will lol
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by lamisanya(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2013
lurvy:

[size=15pt]From your response, I can only deduce that you are in the same class of Patrick....Let me help you a little.... Historiography is simply the study of history... Therefore does it make any sense when somebody says....( THE STUDY OF HISTORY OF THE STUDY OF....??)
[/size]

The problem is that you're being too simple.. 'Historiography' is also: 'The writing of history based on critical analysis..' As for being in the same class as Patrick, is that supposed to be a negative thing?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by blakky97(m): 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Please send the video to me via bb or whassap. 30ef4ca2. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by ajasa4link: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
I've finally succeeded in downloading d video from YouTube to my android,Tnx to TUBEMATE app... now I can always unwind with d video when .am stressed up
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by okechukwu0127: 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
The video clip of the interview granted by the Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor, Mr. Patrick Obahiagbon, to Lagos-based Channels Television has generated a debate on social media.

Nigerians who had watched the video on YouTube say they could not comprehend the analysis the former member of the House of Representatives gave during the interview.

According to them, Obahiagbon’s ‘’high sounding grammar’’ is incomprehensible as many sought to know what languages he was mixing up with English.

Besides, many of them who had employed the YouTube’s ‘Transcript’ feature to get an approximate text version of all of the words spoken in the video proved abortive as it could not make head or tail of his analysis.

For instance, when one of the presenters asked about his thought on the happenings in Rivers State, as a Nigerian, Obahiagbon replied, “Let me say as quickly as possible, the political “crinkum crankum”, if you like, the political “higi haga” that has enveloped the politics of Rivers State for a period of time now has all the trappings of an odoriferous saga cum ‘’gagantuagaga.’’ And I am bewildered that this situation is of no serious concern to the commander-in-chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria…”

Asked if the crisis was getting messier because of the 2015 general election, he said, “Oh it is very crystal clear like the biblical ‘teke teke menoyafasin.’ It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.”

He added, “If you look at the totality of the crisis in Rivers State just now, it leaves me with two conclusions that 2015 is inherently laden with a political and democratic ‘talidomine.’ Two, some social scientists like myself have gone to town for donkey’s years, saying that what we have is not democracy but civilian rule.

“But with recent events, I say no. Nigeria is neither witnessing civilian rule nor democracy but what we have at best is a form of government I call ‘kakitomoboplutocracy’ and that is bad for us as a nation.’’

However, one of the interviewers, who seemed bewildered by Obahiagbon’s statements, quizzed him on what he meant by “talidomine”, asking, “Talidomine could mean…?” Obahiagbon replied, “I mean it (2015) may be still born.’’

Shortly after watching the video on YouTube, one Fola Durowoju laments, “Please, can someone kindly subtitle this video.’’

A YouTube user, Ovie Simon-Efe, says he wonders how Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, manages to comprehend his words whenever they have cause to interact.

He says, “I’m sure the moderators of the interview were confused to the core. How does Governor Oshiomhole manage to understand Obahiagbon when he speaks?”

One Olayinka Awofodu says, “He’s speaking ‘personalised English.’ Even the YouTube transcript feature is confused.’’
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by AlexAgbo(m): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2013
you guys are even funnier than that clown. im sure he wants to turn himself to a celebrity by all means.
There should be a debate among Wole Soyinka,Obahiagbon and Chris Okotie. Looking forward to that. Heheehehehehe!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
I understand y his state (PDP) voted against him.
Who need a representative that utter 'gibberish'.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Rivers State Crisis - Channels TV Interview.. by 9efp: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2013
Please how do you spell "cachistomoboplutocracy"

Dele Momodu And His 3 Sons Pose In Suit / Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign In Owerri, Imo State Today / "Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49